Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
maybe they have a quota for rejections? what do you think?

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
Stressed wife said:
Hi confused, I ordered caips notes afetr my interview in sept, only to find out that my app. was refused. I never knew io can actually say false things in caips notes, I took three alibums, two from my wedding in june 2010, and one from my hubbys visit, yet the io said that the albums were repeats of pics that i sent with my app. not true, big lie, she also said that I said I gave up on my husaband, not true again, also she said I have little knowledge about my hubby, everything she asked me I gave her an answer, whats her prob, she said i did a huge wedding because I wanted to prove my marriage is genuine, she said so many things that are false , so we will do an appeal, we never received the official yet though, so we're waiting to get that, keep me posted, good luck, tell me is your friend in yhe US illegal? tell her I was like that and I had the hardest int. ever, any ways goodluck to you and her
wait..did you submit common law and then applied and then got married and had the interview?

Vinnigurl

Aug 19, 2010
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
July 2010
File Transfer...
June 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
JAN 26, 2011
Passport Req..
SAME DAY AS INTERVIEW
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 31, 2011
LANDED..........
FEB 4, 2011
Stressed:

how many times did you see your husband after the wedding?

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Stressed wife said:
Hi confused, I ordered caips notes afetr my interview in sept, only to find out that my app. was refused. I never knew io can actually say false things in caips notes, I took three alibums, two from my wedding in june 2010, and one from my hubbys visit, yet the io said that the albums were repeats of pics that i sent with my app. not true, big lie, she also said that I said I gave up on my husaband, not true again, also she said I have little knowledge about my hubby, everything she asked me I gave her an answer, whats her prob, she said i did a huge wedding because I wanted to prove my marriage is genuine, she said so many things that are false , so we will do an appeal, we never received the official yet though, so we're waiting to get that, keep me posted, good luck, tell me is your friend in yhe US illegal? tell her I was like that and I had the hardest int. ever, any ways goodluck to you and her
OMG Stressed :O are you serious? How could they do this to you? I feel so horrible to only know what you must be going through emotionally. I am terribly sorry that this was the outcome in your case. It really bothered me that the IO had all those BS to say about your application. I know they have to analyze applications carefully but this is overly ridiculous. I have gone through many rejections with CIC while I lived in Canada. The decisions they take on our lives are sometime unfair but who are we to say that the Gov't official that made that decision is wrong? I think you will have an excellent appeal because you sound like you have sufficient amount of information to prove your rship with hubby. It will be a road little longer than what you have anticipated but the success will be worth it in the end. I strongly suggest you still keep up the hard work of saving every single bit of evidence you have with your hubby since your interview. I would also strongly suggest you get hubby to come visit you maybe for the holidays or pretty soon to show that he actually cares and he came to show emotional support. Just keep every bill, receipt, picture, card, boarding pass, even over weight slips at the airport, duty free receipts, credit card spending, Wal-Mart receipts if he goes there to purchase stuff to bring back for you. I mean any and every god darn thing you can think of. If it'll cost you a packet of paper and more to put it all together, then so be it. They need evidence so it's now your chance to bombard them with it. If you need more help on this do send me a pvt msg in my inbox.

My friend was in the US illegal as well. I think she has a 20 year ban or something like that for trying to enter two times illegally.

@ Honey, the mails can take anywhere between a week to months before it gets to you all depending on the local postal system in your country. I asked that my IO correspond to me via my Cdn mailing address and he said that mails get put in some bag that goes to Ottawa where it sits for sometime before being redistributed to Canada Post for final mailing :S

In addition, they wouldn't clearly state it out to the public but CIC has a quota for rejections each year. I don't think it's a standard quota but they have to meet something I am pretty sure to keep their stats flowing. Some of us are just not so lucky :(

Stressed was married to her hubby directly to her hubby and then applied for sponsorship according to what I understood.

@ Vinnigurl, your time is just around the corner and I hope you are preparing to kick @$$ for your interview. Be sure to get all things up to date. I would order my CAIPS notes if I were you to do a little research on who my IO may be and stuff like that.

Hope everyone else is doing great!

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
i forgot to add in my last post.

I think my IO has sent to do background checks on me and if all is clear by my next BFD around month end, then they will send me a letter regarding the next step/s. I have ordered my CAIPS and should be getting them in about 2 weeks time. I'll have a better idea and I am hoping that something or the other is done on my application by the time I get it such as BG checks completed and all is clear to go.

Mancrab

Sep 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2010
AOR Received.
14-09-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
Sent with initial application package
Interview........
Non requested
Passport Req..
15-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2011
LANDED..........
Soon
Honeybird,
no news on my end either, but do keep your hopes up.

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
Mancrab said:
Honeybird,
no news on my end either, but do keep your hopes up.
oh thank you for replying. :) has your wife been able to log on to e-cas with her B number yet? I have not.
how was your holidays in Trindad? My hubby is coming next month for two weeks! :)

Mancrab

Sep 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2010
AOR Received.
14-09-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
Sent with initial application package
Interview........
Non requested
Passport Req..
15-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2011
LANDED..........
Soon
HoneyBird said:
oh thank you for replying. :) has your wife been able to log on to e-cas with her B number yet? I have not.
how was your holidays in Trindad? My hubby is coming next month for two weeks! :)

Honeybird,
no we have not been able to retreive any info from ecas using her 'B' file number. I was hoping that when I was in Trinidad,
that we would have heard something, but that was a no show. My trip was excellent, I spent almost every waking minute with my
wife. On Dec 14 th, it will be three months from the date on the AOR, and I mentioned to my wife that on the morning of the 15 th, that she should go into the office in POS and inform them. It's been a quit period in the past few weeks, I noticed from the other folks on here
that there has been very little feedback from the Trinidad office. I certainly hope that they have not shifted to a holiday mode.
Glad to hear that your hubby is making continuous attempts to be in your company. These are necessary for the sake of our sanity.

Stressed wife

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
Vinnigurl said:
Stressed:

how many times did you see your husband after the wedding?
vinni I saw my hubby march 2009, then in October of 2009 hubby and I WENT TO hAWAII, then he came back for xmas of 2009, THEN HE CAME FOR VALENTINE OF 2010, THEN HE CAME FOR EASTER 2010, THEN HE CAME FOR OUR WEDDING IN JUNE 2010, THEN I CAME TO GUYANA FOR MY INTERVIEW AND HE CAME AND SPENT TWO WEEKS AS WELL. waht else does these people want, hubby and I got married and then he filed the papers, we were living together in the states for 9 months, but didnt know we were gonna come to this point for him to sponsor me, so i have just some pics, and hospital records to show. , now i'm here waiting again, the io told me that I married my hubby because i want status in canada, good luck,where are you now? in the states or guyana? keep me posted

Stressed wife

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
confusednscared said:
OMG Stressed :O are you serious? How could they do this to you? I feel so horrible to only know what you must be going through emotionally. I am terribly sorry that this was the outcome in your case. It really bothered me that the IO had all those BS to say about your application. I know they have to analyze applications carefully but this is overly ridiculous. I have gone through many rejections with CIC while I lived in Canada. The decisions they take on our lives are sometime unfair but who are we to say that the Gov't official that made that decision is wrong? I think you will have an excellent appeal because you sound like you have sufficient amount of information to prove your rship with hubby. It will be a road little longer than what you have anticipated but the success will be worth it in the end. I strongly suggest you still keep up the hard work of saving every single bit of evidence you have with your hubby since your interview. I would also strongly suggest you get hubby to come visit you maybe for the holidays or pretty soon to show that he actually cares and he came to show emotional support. Just keep every bill, receipt, picture, card, boarding pass, even over weight slips at the airport, duty free receipts, credit card spending, Wal-Mart receipts if he goes there to purchase stuff to bring back for you. I mean any and every god darn thing you can think of. If it'll cost you a packet of paper and more to put it all together, then so be it. They need evidence so it's now your chance to bombard them with it. If you need more help on this do send me a pvt msg in my inbox.

My friend was in the US illegal as well. I think she has a 20 year ban or something like that for trying to enter two times illegally.

@ Honey, the mails can take anywhere between a week to months before it gets to you all depending on the local postal system in your country. I asked that my IO correspond to me via my Cdn mailing address and he said that mails get put in some bag that goes to Ottawa where it sits for sometime before being redistributed to Canada Post for final mailing :S

In addition, they wouldn't clearly state it out to the public but CIC has a quota for rejections each year. I don't think it's a standard quota but they have to meet something I am pretty sure to keep their stats flowing. Some of us are just not so lucky :(

Stressed was married to her hubby directly to her hubby and then applied for sponsorship according to what I understood.

@ Vinnigurl, your time is just around the corner and I hope you are preparing to kick @ $$ for your interview. Be sure to get all things up to date. I would order my CAIPS notes if I were you to do a little research on who my IO may be and stuff like that.

Hope everyone else is doing great!

plz advise on what phone co. to go with here in guyana so i can call can, also hubby calls every day two or three to four times aday what can he do to record his calls

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Stressed, something just occurred to me. When your hubby applied to Sponsor, did he apply as Common-Law? This is only make sense if you applied as common-law and then got married in June this year. If this is the case, I think the IO rejected your application on the grounds of not meeting the Common-Law definition according to CIC and she deliberately gave those silly reasons for rejection so you can reapply.

If by all means, it's a common law application you first filed. I wouldn't go for the appeal if this is an option. Tell your hubby to check with immigration if he has to go through with the appeal first. I would instead reapply as married spouses and get this new application rolling. An appeal takes up more time and if it's for common-law you may very well get rejected at the IAD.

Do let us know.

Vinnigurl

Aug 19, 2010
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
July 2010
File Transfer...
June 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
JAN 26, 2011
Passport Req..
SAME DAY AS INTERVIEW
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 31, 2011
LANDED..........
FEB 4, 2011
[ we were living together in the states for 9 months, but didnt know we were gonna come to this point for him to sponsor me, [/quote]

Stressed: Your hubby was planning on moving to the states to live with you? ??? I am a little confused on that comment, since you couldn't sponsor him. Its unfortunate that you didn't have any evidence from those 9 months.

I agree with Confused, encourage him to visit you in Guyana and continue to keep records for the appeal

Confused: I am studying those forms like I am preping for my CPA exam.

Stressed wife

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
confusednscared said:
Stressed, something just occurred to me. When your hubby applied to Sponsor, did he apply as Common-Law? This is only make sense if you applied as common-law and then got married in June this year. If this is the case, I think the IO rejected your application on the grounds of not meeting the Common-Law definition according to CIC and she deliberately gave those silly reasons for rejection so you can reapply.

If by all means, it's a common law application you first filed. I wouldn't go for the appeal if this is an option. Tell your hubby to check with immigration if he has to go through with the appeal first. I would instead reapply as married spouses and get this new application rolling. An appeal takes up more time and if it's for common-law you may very well get rejected at the IAD.

Do let us know.

I got married in june of 2009 legally, then my hubby filed the application in march of 2009, let me know about the calling , which way and how its better to register call to and from canada. I carried in all my phone records that we talked for a year,i carried all the cards I got for my wedding , all my wedding receipts, I dont know what else, ,

vinni my huby is a green card holder, but he decided to go back to canada, and he said he would sponsor me there, plz reply

vinni m

Stressed wife

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
confused, I was married legally in january of 2009, my app. filed in march 2009, then I had my hindu cereomony in june 2009 and reception, my app. started processing in oct. 2009,the IO was the meanest, she was looking to refuse my app., plz advise on the appeal, my attorney said we can appeal, plz advise

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
I inboxed you yesterday Stressed. Do check for my response.

You guys if you know you are going to take in a lot of evidence to which you will not be able to get extra copies of the original, make certain you hand in only photocopies and bring the originals with you which you can show to your VO. Things like boarding passes, legal documents, etc., I made photocopies and included them in my evidence.

@ Vinni .... do what you have to do girl, as long it helps you remember every single detail. What helps too is taking those interview questions from online and trying to answer as much as you can. I think I might have already posted something on this but at your interview, DO NOT refer to any responses to questions from your VO in the first person singular. Always use the first person plural "WE"

Remember, it's always about "WE'' "US" "OUR" and never "I" "ME'' "Mine"

Example: if the IO asks; What does your husband do during his spare time? You shouldn't only talk about what your hubby likes to do for himself. Say something like hubby (insert name) likes to watch Simpsons during his spare time but all in all WE or HUBBY and I love going for long walks in the mall, eating out at the Taj Mahal restaurant, watching movies, mostly our all time favorites such as XYZ, and so on and so forth. Remember to always be consistent in your responses. This is what the IO's look for. Don't go overboard with the responses though, maybe one or two examples :)

One other thing, if your hubby's name is some long drawn out cultural name like "Mahapratishtam" and he goes by call name "Rick" ... do refer to him as Rick and let the IO know before hand that you call him by Rick instead of the cultural name.

Maintain eye contact and stay calm. Smile a lot, show the IO that you are prepared and not scared for anything. Take initiatives and offer to show the IO any supporting document/evidence you may have to prove that you and your hubby did something you have mentioned in your response. Example again, "Rick and I went for vacation in Bahamas last year where we enjoyed spending a lot of time at the beach and going on the catamaran, if you would like I can show you pictures of some of the things we did while our stay in the Bahamas" Most times they will say NO but it never hurts to make that offer :)

Best wishes :)