14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Stressed wife said:
confused, I was married legally in january of 2009, my app. filed in march 2009, then I had my hindu cereomony in june 2009 and reception, my app. started processing in oct. 2009,the IO was the meanest, she was looking to refuse my app., plz advise on the appeal, my attorney said we can appeal, plz advise
I am not very familiar with the appeal process but from what I have gathered is the IO will send you the refusal letter with her reasons for refusal. In that package there will be information on how to appeal with a form that you or your hubby (don't really know) must sign and submit to the Immigration Appeal Division in Toronto with a copy of the decision. The form/application then sits in the IAD for sometime before they acknowledge that they will initiate the appeal. They will send a letter to your hubby for a date of his interview with them. Here he will have to prepare a strong argument before the Minister's counsel and someone else within the IAD as to why you were refused. At this point he will need lots of evidence to prove to them that the IO's decision was wrong. It takes no less than 20-30 mins all depending. They can make a decision on spot or they can do so in writing. If they feel the case should be resubmitted for review for another IO, all is good. If they reject that appeal, then hubby will have to go through something called a Tribunal appeal or something where he goes before a judge. The IAD appeal can take anywhere from 11 months to a year. Then your file gets sent back to POS for processing if all is well.

Let your hubby consult with an Immigration Lawyer for greater advise. Make sure he doesn't go to no stoopid immigration consultant because they know SHIT.

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
Mancrab said:
Honeybird,
no we have not been able to retreive any info from ecas using her 'B' file number. I was hoping that when I was in Trinidad,
that we would have heard something, but that was a no show. My trip was excellent, I spent almost every waking minute with my
wife. On Dec 14 th, it will be three months from the date on the AOR, and I mentioned to my wife that on the morning of the 15 th, that she should go into the office in POS and inform them. It's been a quit period in the past few weeks, I noticed from the other folks on here
that there has been very little feedback from the Trinidad office. I certainly hope that they have not shifted to a holiday mode.
Glad to hear that your hubby is making continuous attempts to be in your company. These are necessary for the sake of our sanity.
Hi Man crab! :)
ON December 16th will be 3 months for me..so i plan to send in the reminder form!

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
HI everyoneeeeeeeeee....
Sending happy and positive vibes to everyone!
:)
You are loved!
AND blessed!

Nov 8, 2010
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2009
File Transfer...
04-02-2010
Med's Request
with applicication
Interview........
Approved
Passport Req..
Dec/2010
VISA ISSUED...
feb/2011
LANDED..........
feb/2011
Good Morning to All...........

I am here still keeping the faith........I have heard no news as yet.....

What really bother's me is to know the POS office told me that they want to close this file and finalzed it in weeks and all now I have not
heard anything....You think they would put a rush on things knowing that the holidays are approaching...And the whole thing about priority with the family class when sponsoring a spouse for they dont like to keep families seperated for to long what such bull.......

And to know all we can do is be patient.....POS office has no problems cashing our money in a pirority but when it comes to deliver
they take their time.... I am so upset right now.... :mad: :mad: :mad:

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
OMG, I know. They seem to be little blood suckers at the POS office ... he he he .... I am still awaiting to hear something from them as well .... I guess my BF date will come and go without hearing anything :(

Nov 8, 2010
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2009
File Transfer...
04-02-2010
Med's Request
with applicication
Interview........
Approved
Passport Req..
Dec/2010
VISA ISSUED...
feb/2011
LANDED..........
feb/2011
confusednscared said:
OMG, I know. They seem to be little blood suckers at the POS office ... he he he .... I am still awaiting to hear something from them as well .... I guess my BF date will come and go without hearing anything :(
confusednscared I see you have started your application before I did and you still have not heard anything.....wow........Hopefullly we should hear something soon.......I really would love my husband to be with us for the Christmas.....
They tell me to pay the $400 ARC because they wanted him to come back to Canada before the year when his year expires Feb 1/2011 If I knew all of this was going to happen I would of not bothered with paying the ARC fee because I was told he does not need one if he comes to Canada after Feb 1/2010... They would of processed his papers without it its just that he would not be able to come to Canada until after Feb 1/10....(like I have nothing better to do with $400) I would have bought a plane ticket and been with my husband for the Christmas instead of hear playing this guessing game...... So you see why I am so upset....

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
my problem is..my visitor visa is upping at the end of december.
i am thinking whether it makes sense to renew it.
cause what if i get through in the next 4 months? then it would be a total waste of 150cad.
i dont know! what to do!

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Keeping, I am not sure who the heck ur VO is but that seems a little fishy that they are unsure if ur hubby needs ARC and he wouldn't if he gets back to Canada at a certain time.

From what I understood, once you have been deported from Canada and issued a Certificate of Departure you do need to apply for ARC before entering back into the country. Maybe this VO can work magic and make things work.

I hate it that they give us their words and never live up to them. Let us hope that there is something in the mail coming out to reach us soon.

@ Honey, I wouldn't really try and waste $150 to renew my visa. I don't think they will even grant you a renewal because you are married. Did you apply for the first one before or after you got married and did you tell CIC that you were married and going to visit your hubby? It's really up to you if you wish to spend the extra 150 Cdn

Mancrab

Sep 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2010
AOR Received.
14-09-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
Sent with initial application package
Interview........
Non requested
Passport Req..
15-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2011
LANDED..........
Soon
Hello All,
Honeybird once your application is in proccess, they would not grant you any type of visa, my wife tried visiting
me this past February, and they shot her down. I have a question, on your AOR letter, was there a UCI#? I am wondering
what that number is making reference too? I have a feeling that there will be a wave of responses soon from the office
in Trinidad to many of us in here, there has been a lull in activity, but that may a calm before a storm of replies,
keep the hopes up.

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
Mancrab said:
Hello All,
Honeybird once your application is in proccess, they would not grant you any type of visa, my wife tried visiting
me this past February, and they shot her down.

really? had she got a visa before to visit you? cause i got 1st for 6mths to visit my 'boyfriend' and 2nd for a year to visit mmy 'boyfriend' in which i visited my hubby three times after we got married.

I have a question, on your AOR letter, was there a UCI#? I am wondering Whats a UCI number? No I dont recall seeing anything like that...i will double checkwhen i get home..but i only had a B#. I never heard about a UCI.
what that number is making reference too? I have a feeling that there will be a wave of responses soon from the office
in Trinidad to many of us in here, there has been a lull in activity, but that may a calm before a storm of replies,
I hope so! I dooooooo....
keep the hopes up.

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
ManCrab

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/uci-in-aor-what-is-this-t54634.0.html

check this link.

Mancrab

Sep 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2010
AOR Received.
14-09-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
Sent with initial application package
Interview........
Non requested
Passport Req..
15-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2011
LANDED..........
Soon
Honeybird,
thanks for the link, checked it out, made sense. Just that in my wifes AOR
letter it is featured so prominent on the top left you have the UCI # : 6XXXXXXX and on the
right is the Application # : B0XXXXXXXX. I try every couple of days with the application 'B' #
on e-cas, and they don't even show that the application is in proccess. It's 2 and half months
and counting.

Nov 8, 2010
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2009
File Transfer...
04-02-2010
Med's Request
with applicication
Interview........
Approved
Passport Req..
Dec/2010
VISA ISSUED...
feb/2011
LANDED..........
feb/2011
keeping_the_faith_in_God said:
confusednscared said:
Keeping, I am not sure who the heck ur VO is but that seems a little fishy that they are unsure if ur hubby needs ARC and he wouldn't if he gets back to Canada at a certain time.

From what I understood, once you have been deported from Canada and issued a Certificate of Departure you do need to apply for ARC before entering back into the country. Maybe this VO can work magic and make things work.

I hate it that they give us their words and never live up to them. Let us hope that there is something in the mail coming out to reach us soon.

@ Honey, I wouldn't really try and waste $150 to renew my visa. I don't think they will even grant you a renewal because you are married. Did you apply for the first one before or after you got married and did you tell CIC that you were married and going to visit your hubby? It's really up to you if you wish to spend the extra 150 Cdn
My husband was not deported he had an exclusion order to leave....So he left on his own paid his own ticket....when we were at the airport checking him in the immigration officer told us that if he wants to come back to Canada before the Year he would need an ARC but if he did not have the ARC then he would have to wait until the one year expires then he can come back.... It is even on the website.... We did the ARC because the person who interviewed my husband told us that he will come back to Canada before the year they told us weeks......With regards to visa my husband does not need one to travel he can travel anywhere in certain Carribean Island you dont need a visa to travel....It just that my husband overstayed his visit.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Ok, my bad in misunderstanding.

So, I take it he doesn't need a visa to enter into Canada either?

Yea, exclusion orders are different but it's such a waste that they make you pay ARC and they haven't processed him out just yet. I don't think they will do anything as the holidays get near. Maybe in January but that too leaves you with exactly 1 month before his year's up. If luck is by your side maybe they will refund you the 400 you paid for ARC. Keep your fingers crossed :D

Nov 8, 2010
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2009
File Transfer...
04-02-2010
Med's Request
with applicication
Interview........
Approved
Passport Req..
Dec/2010
VISA ISSUED...
feb/2011
LANDED..........
feb/2011
confusednscared said:
Ok, my bad in misunderstanding.

So, I take it he doesn't need a visa to enter into Canada either?

Yea, exclusion orders are different but it's such a waste that they make you pay ARC and they haven't processed him out just yet. I don't think they will do anything as the holidays get near. Maybe in January but that too leaves you with exactly 1 month before his year's up. If luck is by your side maybe they will refund you the 400 you paid for ARC. Keep your fingers crossed :D
lol......That is funny government giving money back :D :D :D

But I just hope and pray I hear something soon.......No he does not need a visa to come to Canada.....