Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
I actually didn't submit my newest option C. I was too busy to file taxes on time. I sent the two previous years, a job letter and also pay stubs. I sent a letter explaining that I was too busy to do my taxes lol
they accepted it and I through fine.

needhimback said:
Hello Chris101

Welcome Back

Not sure what you mean when you say "does Option C - have to be for three years

but what I know is is when you submit Option C to CIC they only need the most update tax assessment from the day you are submitting your application. They do not need 3 years of tax returns they just need the most recent tax year that you filed .

If you havnt received your tax assessment as yet because you have not been in Canada for a entire year or you have not worked a entire year , then you will have to explain this in your application. You can submit your pay stubs too.

remember Option C has to be request and order from CRA. (Takes approx. 2-3 weeks to arrive to your mailing address)

Good luck !!

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
Canadianinlove said:
I filed on line through turbo tax and efiled. I didn't have a problem at all.
:)
Thanks for the information I normally use Ufile, but when I tried to play around with it earlier this year it was so complicated. I will give Turbo Tax a swirl this year!

DSM

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 24, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 12, 2015
File Transfer...
April 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 9, 2016
Hey all, I am back .... been following on another forum. I finally got my clearance from the FBI as requested from CIC. I submit this morning keeping my fingers cross they don't need anything else and ask me for my passport :) It took 6 months to get this FBI report the first application my fingers prints were not done properly waited 3 months and luckily on the second attempt it was fine, note the wait time was also 3 months.

Dec 17, 2015
Hello Everyone New Guy Here,

I applied for my wife in Jan 2015, All the required paperwork that was requested was submitted. We kept getting updates every few moths. Until in September my wife was requested to attend an Interview in Port of Spain, I wasn't requested to attend, But i still went down to support my wife and spend time with her ;) ;). On the day on the interview my wife got a female officer and was interviewed for almost an hr and man i can over everything and officer was pretty rude i must say. She then call me and interviewed me for about 15 mins. After she called both of us inside and talked to both of us how the interview went, she said my wife did'nt do well which was kinda stupid cuz the questions she asked i can hear my wife answers and she was spot on. she even told it made her feel my wife studied cuz she knew everything in details :D. But then told me that i spoke fluently and i brought the interview back the ball park. After that she check through the files to make sure our files are all up to date. she then told us the will need to review our files to make sure this is not fraud marriage and give us a reply after 7days on the next steps. After leaving that interview me and my wife was scared of what the next step we been on long distance for almost 5 yrs. So we were kinda heart broken after we left not knowing where we stand.

Good News:

7days later my wife and me received an email informing me that my spouse need to send her passport to trinidad with 2 passport pictures. We mailed the passport and pics and within 2 weeks she received her Visa. Thank God

She will be travelling after the new year to come to canada after spending the holiday with her family.

ADVICE:

When going for this interview make sure you and your spouse are on the same page. Know likes,dislikes,living info, salary, fav food and drinks, places and time spent together, families info on application form, wedding info, how you met etc. Also make sure any contact via, skype, phone, facebook or whatever means make sure u have it. Western union bills etc.

Overall: it a tough experience because these officers have to be harsh at times, so make sure you prepare and ready for them.

Good luck everyone.

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
hey! which country did your wife apply from? and how long in advanced do they give you before the interview?

Dec 17, 2015
hey bud, she applied from guyana. they gave us 6 weeks notice of the interview. Honestly its not hard . just make sure you prepare and listen carefully when you answer

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
I could be wrong but I think sometimes they request an interview just to get to meet the person face to face to feel them out, who knows! Can you recall any of the questions that were asked? and did the woman tell you guys here name? BTW CONGRATS for you and your wife! all the best in your life ahead

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/10/2015- CIC received my application 16/10/2015
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
:eek:
Mississauga Boy said:
Hello Everyone New Guy Here,

I applied for my wife in Jan 2015, All the required paperwork that was requested was submitted. We kept getting updates every few moths. Until in September my wife was requested to attend an Interview in Port of Spain, I wasn't requested to attend, But i still went down to support my wife and spend time with her ;) ;). On the day on the interview my wife got a female officer and was interviewed for almost an hr and man i can over everything and officer was pretty rude i must say. She then call me and interviewed me for about 15 mins. After she called both of us inside and talked to both of us how the interview went, she said my wife did'nt do well which was kinda stupid cuz the questions she asked i can hear my wife answers and she was spot on. she even told it made her feel my wife studied cuz she knew everything in details :D. But then told me that i spoke fluently and i brought the interview back the ball park. After that she check through the files to make sure our files are all up to date. she then told us the will need to review our files to make sure this is not fraud wedding and give us a reply after 7days on the next steps. After leaving that interview me and my wife was scared of what the next step we been on long distance for almost 5 yrs. So we were kinda heart broken after we left not knowing where we stand.

Good News:

7days later my wife and me received an email informing me that my spouse need to send her passport to trinidad with 2 passport pictures. We mailed the passport and pics and within 2 weeks she received her Visa. Thank God

She will be travelling after the new year to come to canada after spending the holiday with her family.

ADVICE:

When going for this interview make sure you and your spouse are on the same page. Know likes,dislikes,living info, salary, fav food and drinks, places and time spent together, families info on application form, wedding info, how you met etc. Also make sure any contact via, skype, phone, facebook or whatever means make sure u have it. Western union bills etc.

Overall: it a tough experience because these officers have to be harsh at times, so make sure you prepare and ready for them.

Good luck everyone.
Wow that was kinda of Scary I would say !! :eek:

And this is why I always encourage everyone to go with your spouse to their interview, you can save them if ask to attend a difficult interview

Thanks for sharing - good to know

Congrats and please do share your landing story !!

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
DSM said:
Hey all, I am back .... been following on another forum. I finally got my clearance from the FBI as requested from CIC. I submit this morning keeping my fingers cross they don't need anything else and ask me for my passport :) It took 6 months to get this FBI report the first application my fingers prints were not done properly waited 3 months and luckily on the second attempt it was fine, note the wait time was also 3 months.
Hey DMS

Welcome back

Sorry to hear about your nightmare with FBI, but glad to know It's in and the processing continues.

I'm sure you will be fine and hoping for your passport request soon!!

Keep us posted and good luck ......(glad your back lol )

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
tdguy said:
I could be wrong but I think sometimes they request an interview just to get to meet the person face to face to feel them out, who knows! Can you recall any of the questions that were asked? and did the woman tell you guys here name? BTW CONGRATS for you and your wife! all the best in your life ahead
Hey tdguy

Take a look into this thread (anyone can)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/study-results-from-actual-immigration-offices-deciding-if-couples-are-genuine-t266452.0.html;msg3946470#msg3946470

Take a look at this acticle :

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Canadian+visa+officers+and+the+social+construction+of+%22real%22+spousal...-a0360358193

Dec 17, 2015
Hey Tdguy,

The Agent did mention her name but i cant remember.
Questions that i could remember that was asked to me:
1: Please tell us how you met and how your relationship developed until your marriage?
2: How was i supporting my wife financially?
3: why i didn't find a match in canada?
4:how did i keep contact with my wife ( she was requesting facebook chat from since i met my wife but that was like 6years ago but i told her i couldnt retrieve that from that long back).

The pretty much for me.

As for my wife she asked her about

My Job, Mortgage, If I Own a property, What Job I do, Where I work, How much i make, Do I own a car, how long does it take for me to go to work, what are some of my good and bad traits, what food i like and if i drink and what i drink, my fav colour, how we spent our times i visited together, was my wedding a match wedding, what can you tell that will make me believe this marriage is genuine.

best of luck! prepare and know your spouse before you go.

Dec 17, 2015
needhimback said:
:eek:
Wow that was kinda of Scary I would say !! :eek:

And this is why I always encourage everyone to go with your spouse to their interview, you can save them if ask to attend a difficult interview

Thanks for sharing - good to know

Congrats and please do share your landing story !!

Hi needhimback,

thanks for the congrats will definitely share my landing story.

yes that a good advice to be with your spouse for the interview because with me being there helped my wife significantly and good to be on the same page and know your knows

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
hmm im a bit concerned, if i get an interview my wife may not be able to attend because of her isolated location in canada, work etc and the length of time it takes her to get to trini... so if i show up for an interview alone, will that be bad?

Dec 17, 2015
Hey Tdboy,

if you get a interview, the letter will state whether both of you have to attend. As long you think you are genuine you should be fine. feel free to ask me questions i am fresh off the interview

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Hey my fren Tdguy....... I went for a interview back in 2013 and I was turn down at my interview... I did my interview in the Kingston office and let me tell you this some ppl are lucky and some are not so lucky when it come to interview.. I remember my interview like it was yesterday. I was there answering questions for 45 minutes just to hear that I just wanted to get to Canada and then would run away from my wife but that how I was treated. I answer everything she ask me and the things I did not know I just told her I did not know.. if anyone need help with the interview I sure would be glad to help anyone out. just inbox me your questions and I will be glad to answer back in a timely manner..........

After my denial letter came from Kingston office, my wife filed for the appeal in Toronto IAD department. we waited also most 2 years got get an appeal hearing date. we got the date for oct.14,2015............We won our appeal so im just waiting to hear from the Ottawa office now but I think it will be in Jan. 2016 I will hear from them...So to let everyone here know it not an easy process or easy rd.. anyone that don't have to do do interview conceder yourself bless... Me and my wife been waiting 4 yrs. now but we stuck it out and god is there with us to open close doors.