+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

Jul 14, 2015
Samaara said:
Without a doubt we'll have the best Christmas this year. My passport is on its way via FedEx! And guess what I'm almost finish packing! And yes packed with guyana goodies and fresh fish lol. I'll be leaving very soon. I must mention that i have learnt a lot from this forum and everyone is so helpful and non judgemental. Best of luck to everyone and have faith.
Thanks and most definitely agreed!

Jul 14, 2015
needhimback said:
Thanks for all the information (awesome)!!!!
But I believe I have sometime before I can make any request for notes
I'm still early in the process and hoping to get my AOR next week (praying)
Once my file is transferred to POS then I can go from there ....I will take your advice then, along with other members who have educated me about these note. It will be real interesting to read these notes by the VO

Thanks again
Sounds good. Thanks also.

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/10/2015- CIC received my application 16/10/2015
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
Samaara said:
Awe... thank you so much. I'm feeling nervous and overwhelmed with happiness. our process took exactly 4 months i know it's really fast but i think my husband and i deserve the fast processing we been through a lot, my husband left me here in guyana and went back home in Canada less than a week after our marriage its cause of his job. being away is the most difficult time for Husband and wife and we know what its like for you guys too.

My husband lives in Toronto

And of course I'll keep you guys posted!

Can't wait to see my husband and that beautiful country

Good luck to you and your hubbie my dear

time will surely fly

;D
Awwwwweee that's sad and nice at the same time (britter/sweet) lol

Nice I live in Toronto too, this is where I came when I landed in 1971 lol as a landed immigrant from Guyana (donkey years, like we say in the Caribbean)

We are about to enter winter real soon, you will surely witness that. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I'm sure your hubby has your winter gears waiting lol

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
Samaara said:
Awe... thank you so much. I'm feeling nervous and overwhelmed with happiness. our process took exactly 4 months i know it's really fast but i think my husband and i deserve the fast processing we been through a lot, my husband left me here in guyana and went back home in Canada less than a week after our marriage its cause of his job. being away is the most difficult time for Husband and wife and we know what its like for you guys too.

My husband lives in Toronto

And of course I'll keep you guys posted!

Can't wait to see my husband and that beautiful country

Good luck to you and your hubbie my dear

time will surely fly

;D

Congratulations my dear! waw four months is really fast! I wish you all the best. Thanks again to everyone on the forum who have been good to me. Its been three weeks since wife and i mailed our app and and no slip under door or in mail box.... the wait begins..

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
KDS said:
congradulations canadaininlove!!!!!!!! im so happy for u and hubby.

My hubby has his interview the first week in december, i worried because he cannot read and write properly and i didnt mention this in the application form, and im not sure they will let me go in the room with him :(. I dont have any facebook clippings, skype or email to show that we are communicating. i do have some additional pictures that i will be taking though.

God is GR8, everything is in his hands now.
Hi KDS

Did your husband have his interview yet or when is it schedule ??

Samaara

Oct 23, 2015
tdguy said:
Congratulations my dear! waw four months is really fast! I wish you all the best. Thanks again to everyone on the forum who have been good to me. Its been three weeks since wife and i mailed our app and and no slip under door or in mail box.... the wait begins..
Thank you and good luck! :D

KDS

Jan 11, 2010
needhimback said:
Hi there this is from POS - it can get you prepared:

gehtrew

Ratings: +0
[Good] [Poor]

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: Port of Spain
App. Filed.......: 20/October/2014
Doc's Request.: 04/Febuary/2015
AOR Received.: 16/Febuary/2015
File Transfer...: 01/March/2015./SA
Med's Request: None
Med's Done....: 03/June/2014
Interview........: 2/9/2015
Passport Req..: In-Process/07/August/2015
VISA ISSUED...: Waiting
LANDED..........: In God Timing

Re: Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago
« Reply #8975 on: September 19, 2015, 04:54:08 am »
Reply with quoteQuote
Quote from: Canadianinlove on September 18, 2015, 10:13:34 am
thank you.
I am trying to remain calm. If I show any signs of being nervous or worried my hubby will start to get himself worked up and worried.

I just want to get it over with.
needhimback said:
Hey Canadianinlove, I can relate to what your husband is experiencing the feeling of having an interview.I had an interview recently in Port of Spain office which went pretty well,was nervous to be truthful.What he has to do is get all the info he can about you and your family members and just be truthful to the officer.

Some of the Questions was asked
1) What is your wife name and birth date? (2)When did you get married? (3)where did you get married? (4)Why Spouse is not present at interview? (if not present) (5) Why did you get married? (6)How long have you been married? (7) what is the purpose of your marriage?(Cool Did you get married soley for the purpose of gaining Canadian Citizenship? (9) 10)Did you have a marriage ceremony? (11)When and what address the marriage ceremony was held? (12)What date was the marriage held? (13)How many people family members of yours and hers was present at the marriage ceremony? (14) Did you have a marriage reception? (15) Where and what date and place? (16)How many people family members attended the reception from your family and hers? (17)Did your parents attend the wedding ceremony? (18)Did her parents attended the wedding Ceremony? (19)Did any one accompany her to the wedding?(Depend on if the spouse had to travel from Canada to the wedding and family members or friend accompanied her) 20)Did you go on a honeymoon? (21)Where and when did you go on your honeymoon? (22)How many children your wife have? (23)What are their names and how old are they? (24)What country were they born? (25)How many kids do you have? (26)What are their names and how old are they? (27)What country they were born? (28)I have noticed you have such and such on you application why did you omitted that? (just be truthful in your explanation) 29)How many brothers and sisters your spouse have? (30)What are their names? (31)Do you have any relatives that lives in Canada and where do they live? (32)How often do you and your spouse communicate? (33) How do you communicate by phone e mails etc? (34)When you talk what are some of the things you will talk about? (35)What are some of the things she has told you that she has not told anyone else about herself? (36) What would you say is her favorite color? (37)What your spouse does for a living? (38)Where does your spouse Work? (39)How much does your spouse make P/Yr? (40) What do you do for a living and what does your job entails? (41)How much money do you make P/Yr? (42)What is the address of place of employment? (43)Do you send her money? (44)How do you send the money to her ?(45) Do she send money to you? (46)How do she send the money to you? (47)Did your spouse visited you? (48)How many times you think your spouse visited you? (49)Where are some of the places you go when your spouse visits you? (50) Have you ever applied for a Canadian visa or been rejected for a Canadian visa? (51)When did you applied for the Visa? (52)Have you ever lived in any other country other than your country? (53)Where are (address)you going to live if granted P/R to Canada? (54)What type of work are you going to seek when you go to Canada? (55)Did you check the job market in Canada? (56) How did you check the job market? (57)what type of educational background do you have? (58)Would you say that your spouse education is comparable to yours? (59)Are you going to attend school and further you education? (60) If I deny this application what are you going to do?(The officer would like to you to respond by saying that I would appeal this denial and if possible have my wife return to country where I reside to live with me). Now bear in mind that all the questions posed here may not be in sequence. There may be additional questions but I believe these are the make or break questions.

P.S. Do not worry about all that fancy folders they are going to have you remove all of your documents and place them in a big clear zip lock plastic bag.

With God all things are Possible

Report to moderator Logged
Good morning, just want to share my news with u guys, my hubby had his interview on Wednesday, it went pretty well...btw the immigration officer was so nice, he was approved of his PR, he needs to send his passport and 2 pictures and i have to pay the fee over here.

his questions were mostly about me, my work, school, why he coming to live in canada, how much im paid hourly, wht course im taking, where im living etc. He spent about 30 mins and then she interview me.

God is Gr8

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
KDS said:
Good morning, just want to share my news with u guys, my hubby had his interview on Wednesday, it went pretty well...btw the immigration officer was so nice, he was approved of his PR, he needs to send his passport and 2 pictures and i have to pay the fee over here.

his questions were mostly about me, my work, school, why he coming to live in canada, how much im paid hourly, wht course im taking, where im living etc. He spent about 30 mins and then she interview me.

God is Gr8

OMG amazing KDS

I'm so excited for you and things went well
So it wasn't so bad after all, it really does depend on who you get as the IO, in your case you seem to have gotten a real nice women

I'm glad things went well for your husband, your the second person I know that was given an interview while they are there with their spouse. I think they like to see that too.

So can you share some of the questions they asked you as his wife. - am curious because if my husband gets a an interview i plan to be there too

And how did the immigration officer know you were there - like did you walk into the room together or is there like a application form to fill out , that perhaps asking the question "is your spouse present at your interview"

Thanks and congrats

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
KDS said:

God is Gr8

Congratulations!!! and good evening to everyone on the forum :D

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
Anxiouswifey said:
Thanks for the info!
Hello Anixiouswifey

The moment you've been waiting for:

I got my AOR today, YEAP on a Saturday!! :p :p

Regardless keep checking even on Saturdays

Just want my SA now so I can feel more relief

Good luck friend and to all those who are waiting that means you too tdguy !!

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
wooohoo!!! congrats on passing hurdle number one... I am hoping to get mine soon too.. when was your app received?

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
tdguy said:
wooohoo!!! congrats on passing hurdle number one... I am hoping to get mine soon too.. when was your app received?
My application was received october 16, 2015 and AOR today
I think I would feel 100 percent better when I get my SA

So now I wait for SA , hopefully soon, I need to breathe again lol !!

Yours will come my friend looks like there getting through the October 2015 applicants fast
Keep me posted

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
So who will receive the aor email? wife or I? or both of us? and how long after aor does sa usually come?

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
tdguy said:
So who will receive the aor email? wife or I? or both of us? and how long after aor does sa usually come?
The sponsor (your wife) will receive both the AOR and SA
You will receive AOR2 which happens after your wife receives her SA. At that time the file is transferred to TT
and you will get a email to your email address with your AOR2

This is why I have access to my husbands email so I know everyhing that's going on. Because after they are finish with the sponsorers the communication is now based to the sponsored person. I am also my husband representative so either way I don't miss any emails!

Normally you should receive your AOR in 30 days after you submitted your application and then the SA Follows, but right now we can see CIC. Is behind and the October 2015 applicants are now receiving AOR I am hoping i will hear by next week

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
Ah, I see. Thanks for the info...... wishing you and the hussie a speedy re - union, red flag or not we will be fine.