5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
ericndarshanie said:
Good news my wife got her passport from DHL today. She picked it up around 11am. Just to book a nearby date to toronto, and we will share landing experience :p Thanks, and good luck to everyone. :p
Congrats ericndarshaine

Happy for you guys

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
congrats!! Hope we can celebrate landing story too :)

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Just continue to collect evidence of your relationship. Not to concern you but a large age difference is a red flag for the visa office. Hopefully they will not call you for an interview. We had an interview but we had several red flags.
Good luck

tdguy said:
Hmm I won't say worried is the word but we are a bit concerned. There is an 18 year age difference , I am 24 and she is 42. We provided a ton of evidence and front loaded very well. I just hope they believe us. We got engaged in 2014 and we even provided the engagement ring receipt from 2013 when I bought the ring for her.

Samaara

Oct 23, 2015
Hello everyone
Just wanted to update you guys
I checked my status online today and it has changed from "in process" to "DECISION MADE"
However im still waiting on my passport to be returned

tdguy

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-15
AOR Received.
6-Jan-16
File Transfer...
SA 15-Jan-16
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-Sep-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
9- Mar-16
LANDED..........
29-Jul-16
Canadianinlove said:
Just continue to collect evidence of your relationship. Not to concern you but a large age difference is a red flag for the visa office. Hopefully they will not call you for an interview. We had an interview but we had several red flags.
Good luck
Yeah, I understand that and Im actually very confident in our application. In the cover letter we actually invited them to an interview if they need additional information. Our package was over 6 pounds in evidence lol I think also that facts that I have a really good job in Trinidad, and wife and I also included receipts of confirmed tickets to Iceland for our vacation next year.

Jul 14, 2015
Samaara said:
Hello everyone
Just wanted to update you guys
I checked my status online today and it has changed from "in process" to "DECISION MADE"
However im still waiting on my passport to be returned
Congrats Samaara! Pretty sure that means you should be getting your passport back soon too, nice!

Samaara

Oct 23, 2015
ericndarshanie said:
Congrats Samaara! Pretty sure that means you should be getting your passport back soon too, nice!
Thank you :D
Hope ill get it this week cause i really want to be with my hubbie for Christmas :p
and i guess you'll be with your wife for Christmas too that's awesome ;D ;D ;D

Jul 14, 2015
Samaara said:
Thank you :D
Hope ill get it this week cause i really want to be with my hubbie for Christmas :p
and i guess you'll be with your wife for Christmas too that's awesome ;D ;D ;D
Thanks Samaara I have a feeling you will also be with you hubbie for christmas. She coming very very soon and bringing me some Guyana fish :p. Also I requested the GCMS notes, and just got it via email. A short summary to help others, just says there is a lot of evidence showing this is Genuine relationship, no doubts with details with why and what they thought. They appreciated 1000 pages roughly my wife and I put in on our own. I just wanted to see the process and what they thought. I think it beneficial and helpful too. Actually from this forum is where I even learnt about GCMS notes.

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/10/2015- CIC received my application 16/10/2015
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
ericndarshanie said:
Thanks Samaara I have a feeling you will also be with you hubbie for christmas. She coming very very soon and bringing me some Guyana fish :p. Also I requested the GCMS notes, and just got it via email. A short summary to help others, just says there is a lot of evidence showing this is Genuine relationship, no doubts with details with why and what they thought. They appreciated 1000 pages roughly my wife and I put in on our own. I just wanted to see the process and what they thought. I think it beneficial and helpful too. Actually from this forum is where I even learnt about GCMS notes.
Hi there

When would be a good time in the process to request GCMS notes

When did you request ??

Jul 14, 2015
needhimback said:
Hi there

When would be a good time in the process to request GCMS noes

When did you request ??
hey, I would say there nothing wrong with requesting it now, and again in two months as this is our rights. I was reading also it may trigger the VO to work on your file. I'm actually thinking to re-submit once more as its missing one detail after "decision made", as I applied just before that. I applied on Nov 3rd for the GCMS notes. My plan was to request this in 4 months. Reason being is that i was reading it would at least give the VO time to make some notes on my file. There a chance you request this now and they haven't started. But it might help and theirs nothing wrong with doing that now and again later when you felt it was right. For example a letter in a month from POS, might not be bad to request again there. Hope this info helps. Good Luck

Samaara

Oct 23, 2015
ericndarshanie said:
Without a doubt we'll have the best Christmas this year. My passport is on its way via FedEx! And guess what I'm almost finish packing! And yes packed with guyana goodies and fresh fish lol. I'll be leaving very soon. I must mention that i have learnt a lot from this forum and everyone is so helpful and non judgemental. Best of luck to everyone and have faith.

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
Samaara said:
Without a doubt we'll have the best Christmas this year. My passport is on its way via FedEx! And guess what I'm almost finish packing! And yes packed with guyana goodies and fresh fish lol. I'll be leaving very soon. I must mention that i have learnt a lot from this forum and everyone is so helpful and non judgemental. Best of luck to everyone and have faith.
Hello Samaara

Hip hip hurray!!!

Congrats and I'm extremely happy for you.

I wish I was getting some of that GT fish your bringing up, I will just have to wait until next year when I pay my husband a visit to Guyana

You will be having the best Christmas ever.

Is it Toronto Canada you are landing ??

You must have lots of butterflies in your stomach and very over excited lol

I agree about learning a lot in the forum, and everyone is so nice and understanding so true!!!

Don't forget us here samaara

Keep us posted on your landing story
And welcome to Canada in advance

Canada is such a beautiful country am so proud to be Canadian and you will too

Neehimback

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
ericndarshanie said:
hey, I would say there nothing wrong with requesting it now, and again in two months as this is our rights. I was reading also it may trigger the VO to work on your file. I'm actually thinking to re-submit once more as its missing one detail after "decision made", as I applied just before that. I applied on Nov 3rd for the GCMS notes. My plan was to request this in 4 months. Reason being is that i was reading it would at least give the VO time to make some notes on my file. There a chance you request this now and they haven't started. But it might help and theirs nothing wrong with doing that now and again later when you felt it was right. For example a letter in a month from POS, might not be bad to request again there. Hope this info helps. Good Luck
Thanks for all the information (awesome)!!!!
But I believe I have sometime before I can make any request for notes
I'm still early in the process and hoping to get my AOR next week (praying)
Once my file is transferred to POS then I can go from there ....I will take your advice then, along with other members who have educated me about these note. It will be real interesting to read these notes by the VO

Thanks again

Samaara

Oct 23, 2015
needhimback said:
Hello Samaara

Hip hip hurray!!!

Congrats and I'm extremely happy for you.

I wish I was getting some of that GT fish your bringing up, I will just have to wait until next year when I pay my husband a visit to Guyana

You will be having the best Christmas ever.

Is it Toronto Canada you are landing ??

You must have lots of butterflies in your stomach and very over excited lol

I agree about learning a lot in the forum, and everyone is so nice and understanding so true!!!

Don't forget us here samaara

Keep us posted on your landing story
And welcome to Canada in advance

Canada is such a beautiful country am so proud to be Canadian and you will too

Neehimback
Awe... thank you so much. I'm feeling nervous and overwhelmed with happiness. our process took exactly 4 months i know it's really fast but i think my husband and i deserve the fast processing we been through a lot, my husband left me here in guyana and went back home in Canada less than a week after our marriage its cause of his job. being away is the most difficult time for Husband and wife and we know what its like for you guys too.

My husband lives in Toronto

And of course I'll keep you guys posted!

Can't wait to see my husband and that beautiful country

Good luck to you and your hubbie my dear

time will surely fly

;D