+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

Jul 14, 2015
needhimback said:
Welcome

Your package was strong ( sounds alot like what we prepared and sent in too) I still think people don't need lawyers and can do it all themselves. Your are so lucky you didn't have a interview and at this point now you won't you had no red flags, excellent !!!!

Your almost done, and I am extremely happy for you both

Like i said in my last post - it seems like we the Guyanese are going fast - I hope the same for me too
Congrats and happy landing

Thank you. I do agree it does seem like Guyanese are processing fast. My aunt and her husband from Trinidad got accepted in 6 months last December too.

Samaara

Oct 23, 2015
ericndarshanie said:
Hey everyone never posted before, but have read a lot of helpful information/tips posted in Port of Spain forum. And would just like to say thank you all. But also felt it is important to share my experience so far. I am a Canadian born of Guyanese decent. Married my wife in Guyana Jan 19th 2014, family arranged marriage. Waited to build evidence before submitting application and help make application stronger, ie. moneygrams, call history(200 pages), gmail(500 pages), detailed cover letter itemizing everything in application package, bank statements, receipts, pictures with full details and explanation using word(this was advise from a immigration lawyer who also gave a few needed tips on the already completed application etc.), letters from 5 different family members in Guyana and Canada. Our immigration lawyer did say also, our denied visitor visa attempt in September 2014 was only helpful for our PR application as it shows us in a genuine marriage and trying to be together, etc..
Application close to 1000 pages with evidence all completed by my wife and I. Our application was an outland family class, small simple wedding with close relatives in Guyana. Please be aware did spend 45 days living together in Guyana as husband and wife but did not travel back to Guyana since then. As I am waiting for my wife in Canada. Our timeline with details below,

Permanent Residence
1.received your application for permanent residence on July 13, 2015
2.started processing your application on September 14, 2015
3.passport, new medical(previous expired), and 2 visa pictures requested on 0ct 20th, 2015
4.re-medical submitted upfront and received November 7th, 2015
5.passport received by immigration Canada Port of Spain November 12th, 2015(new updated with name change) sent DHL Guyana
6. nov 21st, 2015 - status changed to decision made, with name change
7. waiting for return of passport
no interview requested

Any helpful tips with in Canada landing interview at the airport for my wife would be appreciated and we will share more from my experience as requested. Also will share more when received from Port of Spain and the landing experience. Please feel free to ask any questions too. Thank you :p
Congratulations to you and your wife. Soon you guys will be together ;D
I'm also waiting for my passport return from POS, so i guess we're in the same boat please update when she get hers back. Thanks and good luck :D

Jul 14, 2015
Samaara said:
Congratulations to you and your wife. Soon you guys will be together ;D
I'm also waiting for my passport return from POS, so i guess we're in the same boat please update when she get hers back. Thanks and good luck :D
:) :)Thank you Samaara, I will definitely update. Good luck also.

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Congratulations.

The airport interview will be short. The immigration officer asked about 5 questions to my hubby - what address are you going to? Is your daughter coming? Just really simple stuff.
Tell her not to worry. It will be an exciting day for her.

ericndarshanie said:
Hey everyone never posted before, but have read a lot of helpful information/tips posted in Port of Spain forum. And would just like to say thank you all. But also felt it is important to share my experience so far. I am a Canadian born of Guyanese decent. Married my wife in Guyana Jan 19th 2014, family arranged marriage. Waited to build evidence before submitting application and help make application stronger, ie. moneygrams, call history(200 pages), gmail(500 pages), detailed cover letter itemizing everything in application package, bank statements, receipts, pictures with full details and explanation using word(this was advise from a immigration lawyer who also gave a few needed tips on the already completed application etc.), letters from 5 different family members in Guyana and Canada. Our immigration lawyer did say also, our denied visitor visa attempt in September 2014 was only helpful for our PR application as it shows us in a genuine marriage and trying to be together, etc..
Application close to 1000 pages with evidence all completed by my wife and I. Our application was an outland family class, small simple wedding with close relatives in Guyana. Please be aware did spend 45 days living together in Guyana as husband and wife but did not travel back to Guyana since then. As I am waiting for my wife in Canada. Our timeline with details below,

no interview requested

Any helpful tips with in Canada landing interview at the airport for my wife would be appreciated and we will share more from my experience as requested. Also will share more when received from Port of Spain and the landing experience. Please feel free to ask any questions too. Thank you :p

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
Just out of curiosity, but does anyone know when medicals expire?

They are pretty expensive and I have seen on these threads people having to resubmit...

My husband and step-kids got theirs done in October and the application was sent and received Mississauga at the beginning of this month.

Samaara

Oct 23, 2015
Anxiouswifey said:
Just out of curiosity, but does anyone know when medicals expire?

They are pretty expensive and I have seen on these threads people having to resubmit...

My husband and step-kids got theirs done in October and the application was sent and received Mississauga at the beginning of this month.
Hi
Found this on cic website, hope this answers your question

Medical certificates for applicants who pass a medical examination in or outside Canada are valid for twelve months from the date of the last medical assessment of an applicant’s file by a medical officer and/or delegated staff.

There is no expiry date of medical validity for applicants who are inadmissible.

Starting Date for Calculating the 12 Month Validity Period of a Medical Certificate: the last medical assessment on file is the starting date for the 12 month validity of a medical certificate.

Jul 14, 2015
Canadianinlove said:
Congratulations.

The airport interview will be short. The immigration officer asked about 5 questions to my hubby - what address are you going to? Is your daughter coming? Just really simple stuff.
Tell her not to worry. It will be an exciting day for her.

Thank you Canadianinlove.

Anxiouswifey

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/2015
AOR Received.
22/01/16
File Transfer...
28/01/16
Med's Done....
23/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
05/17/2016
LANDED..........
05/27/2016
Samaara said:
Hi
Found this on cic website, hope this answers your question

Medical certificates for applicants who pass a medical examination in or outside Canada are valid for twelve months from the date of the last medical assessment of an applicant’s file by a medical officer and/or delegated staff.

There is no expiry date of medical validity for applicants who are inadmissible.

Starting Date for Calculating the 12 Month Validity Period of a Medical Certificate: the last medical assessment on file is the starting date for the 12 month validity of a medical certificate.
Thanks for the info!

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/10/2015- CIC received my application 16/10/2015
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
ericndarshanie said:
Thank you. I do agree it does seem like Guyanese are processing fast. My aunt and her husband from Trinidad got accepted in 6 months last December too.
EXCELLENT

Jul 14, 2015
hey just wanted to update everyone. Checking online and the return waybill number from DHL is active today with my wife passport. So today, Tuesday, November 24, 2015 at 12:55pm, as it reads online,

Origin Service Area:
PORT OF SPAIN - TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
Destination Service Area:
GEORGETOWN - GEORGETOWN - GUYANA (BRITISH)
1. Shipment picked up PORT OF SPAIN - TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO 12:55."
So any day we should be getting It, I heard that DHL is 2-3 days. Good news. Will post when she receives it. Thanks everyone. :p

Samaara

Oct 23, 2015
ericndarshanie said:
hey just wanted to update everyone. Checking online and the return waybill number from DHL is active today with my wife passport. So today, Tuesday, November 24, 2015 at 12:55pm, as it reads online,

Origin Service Area:
So any day we should be getting It, I heard that DHL is 2-3 days. Good news. Will post when she receives it. Thanks everyone. :p

Wow!!! Thats great news I'm so happy for you guys! :D :D :D
This might sound crazy but i had a feeling that your wife would get back her passport this week!

Chris101

Jan 31, 2011
Hello guys,
I am a Canadian PR landed for about 6 months. I have a permanent/full-time job and living on my own. My girlfriend and I have been dating for over 5 years and we have decided to marry in coming months. She is in Guyana where I will return for marriage. Can someone clarify the following for me:
1. Is there a minimum time requirement which I must satisfy before I can sponsor her as my wife?
2. As part of the sponsorship process I will need to show support for her, would my pay stubs be sufficient or do I need a NOA from CRA?
3. Any idea of the processing time pertinent to my situation?

Thanks a bunch,
Cheers,

Chris

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
Chris101 said:
Hello guys,
I am a Canadian PR landed for about 6 months. I have a permanent/full-time job and living on my own. My girlfriend and I have been dating for over 5 years and we have decided to marry in coming months. She is in Guyana where I will return for marriage. Can someone clarify the following for me:
1. Is there a minimum time requirement which I must satisfy before I can sponsor her as my wife?
2. As part of the sponsorship process I will need to show support for her, would my pay stubs be sufficient or do I need a NOA from CRA?
3. Any idea of the processing time pertinent to my situation?

Thanks a bunch,
Cheers,

Chris
Hello Chris101

Welcome to POS

Number one, how did you become a PR (reason asked is because if you were married before and sponsored by your previous spouse there will be a 3 or 5 year waiting period before you can sponsor your new wife)

If not by all means - yes you can go back to Guyana and marry your girlfriend.
In regards to proof of accommodations you will be required to show your Option C from CRA and no pay stubs are required.(but can still submit if you wish, your choice)

Processing time in POS is approx 17 months, but keep in mind people are finished earlier than 17 months, which of course depends on those with red flags to their case or you can have a real smooth sail through which requires no interview.

Start gathering up all your proof and supporting documents pertaining to before marriage etc. - you will find this forum very helpful as well as answers right here in POS

Like I mentioned in my last post, I am finding the Guyanese applications getting through real fast, but again it all depends on each individual case.

You have a lot ahead of you, what I did was I joined the forum 1 year before i got married and spent a lot of time learning and educating myself with this crazy long Imirgration process ( so pretty much I've been here since 2013 and recently just submitted my completed huge immigration application ,to be exact I send it October 14th, 2015 and now I am patiently waiting for my AOR and SA

GOOD LUCK

We are here to assist you - see you around
Let us know of the big wedding day

Ps: nuff smiling in them wedding pic please and take lots of family photo with you both in ther if possible !!!
Immigration officer on your case will be looking at everything

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
ericndarshanie said:

Origin Service Area:
congrats - so happy for you guys

Let us know when it comes