14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Thanks Twins,

I heard from my IO at the interview that they hate doing them and in the end its a piece of crappy paper with writing .. LOL .. I guess it was true then.

My IO wasn't sure if I needed an ARC. He said he will check into it but he will either way approve it and if I do get the paper work started for that. He's given me a guess that by December it should all be sorted and finalized.

When are you going to land in Canada? You are prolly super excited, eh?

Mancrab

Sep 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2010
AOR Received.
14-09-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
Sent with initial application package
Interview........
Non requested
Passport Req..
15-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2011
LANDED..........
Soon
Honey,
you asked on Monday, if there was a similar message on the Trinidad website, and
no there isn't, but when you call the contact number ( 1-868-622-6232 ) however,
and you go through the options, it informs you that speaking to a live operator is
not an option, and the key point that they made, is that anyone inquiring about a
status for permanent residence if it was transferred within the past five months, should
not try to contact them. So in not to many words, five months is ok with them.
I cannot understand this, these ppl are insane. I am in the same boat with you, we are at their mercy. Still however keeping my hopes up, we have come this far.

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
Mancrab said:
Honey,
you asked on Monday, if there was a similar message on the Trinidad website, and
no there isn't, but when you call the contact number ( 1-868-622-6232 ) however,
and you go through the options, it informs you that speaking to a live operator is
not an option, and the key point that they made, is that anyone inquiring about a
status for permanent residence if it was transferred within the past five months, should
not try to contact them. So in not to many words, five months is ok with them.
I cannot understand this, these ppl are insane. I am in the same boat with you, we are at their mercy. Still however keeping my hopes up, we have come this far.
I know I could not believe it. I mean at least Jamaicans are lucky enough with 2 months. I find 5 months unreasonable considering people who sent in their applications with me (like from the UK etc) got through already and are buying tickets to go Canada!). I am a bit depressed about it but then you hear some really sad stories from people in other countries like Africa and then you think okay you are not so bad. I have basically just trying to not be depressed this week as i am looking forward to visit my hubby in October...once you have trips to look forward too, your mind can ease for a while.

twinsmama

May 5, 2010
SVG
Category........
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain, Trinidad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-09
Doc's Request.
22-03-10
AOR Received.
19-02-10
File Transfer...
15-01-10
Passport Req..
18-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2010
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
Hello room,
@ confused i,m so happy, excited you name it. I am trying to leave on the 9th or 10th of next month.

@ everyone who is still waiting, it seems like its taking forever but it will be your time soon. Trust God.
I thought I will have to wait a long time because I needed ARC and there were children involve but GOD is in control, with him All things are possible.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
okay i got a letter from the embassy.
my father claimed he was to busy to read it for me, but i finally got him to.
its a normal letter indicating that they received my documents on the 10 August and if i do not hear anything after three months from the date of this letter that I should let them know and include the letter as well.
So thats it.
I feel relieved.
I think I am on a normal timeline for Port-of-Spain.
Dunno however why the E-cas has not updated to show this new information.

CDNGirl

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2011
HELLO ROOM

LONG TIME!! WELL, IM STILL ON VACATION IN GUYANA WITH THE HUBBS..AND NOW HAVE THE TIME TO COME ONLINE AFTER 4WEEKS LOL..

WELL, AUGUST 12 MADE OUR 3MONTHS MARK SINCE APPLICATION WAS APPROVED.. AND WE'RE NEARLY DONE SEPTEMBER WHICH IS 4MONTHS AND STILL WE DIDNT RECEIVE ANY AOR FROM THOSE BLASTED FOOLS.

I EMAILED, CALLED... THAT RECEPTIONIST IS SO WASTLESS, IF I COULDA HOLD THAT WOMAN, OH LORD. SENIORS, DO ADVICE WHAT TO DO PLEASE?!?

CONGRATS TO TWINS AND CONFUSED,
GOD IS EXCELLENT. HOPING TO HEAR SOMETHING SOON.

Mancrab

Sep 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2010
AOR Received.
14-09-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Non requested
Passport Req..
15-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2011
LANDED..........
Soon
Honeybird,
congrats on the news, one more step forward. Because we
have the same timeline, hope to hear something soon too. Was the letter sent both
in Trinidad and Canada?

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
HONEY,

Gr8! That is your AOR ... very standardized but it's mainly BS from POS cuz they never stick up to their words in that letter.

However, you now have access to your B File number. It will still take a while for Ecas to show the update but you can try accessing Ecas with your new B number and see if it's up.

On another note, Ecas will only show something similar to the following:

We have started processing your application on XXX Date

Medical results have been received.

And then you continue to wait wait wait wait and more wait .. there is hardly any information for you on ecas ... it's a pointless system

Mancrab

Sep 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2010
AOR Received.
14-09-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Non requested
Passport Req..
15-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2011
LANDED..........
Soon
Honeybird,
when I arrived home from work this evening, I called my wife in Trinidad, and she
also received her AOR letter today, basically saying the same things. They acknowleged that
they had recieved the file On Aug 3rd. Making some headways slowly but surely. Thank God, I'll
be seeing my wife in October and hoping soon thereafter, she is going to be with me in Canada.
Hope that your mate joins you soon also. Just a little bit again, God has been paying us small mercies.

Mancrab

Sep 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2010
AOR Received.
14-09-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Non requested
Passport Req..
15-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2011
LANDED..........
Soon
confusednscared,
do you have the link for the ecas, to place and search our file number?

thanks!!!

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Mancrab said:
confusednscared,
do you have the link for the ecas, to place and search our file number?

thanks!!!
OK, E-CAS is CIC's electronic system where they give updates, very minor, on the status of applications in process.

You have to first go to cic.gc.ca, follow the steps and once on the page you will see on the top right hand corner just below the Ads there is a section that has "Check Application Status" among a few other options. Well, you click on the Check App Status and follow the instructions.

You first need to get your wife's information such as her ten digit B file number, DOB, POB, Sirname to gain access to the information CIC has online. Or, you can also get this information by using your file number given to you from CPC-M at the time your application was approved using your information, because it's your filing number. Your file number should be something like 5987-0000.

Once logged into E-CAS it will have your or your wife's name. Yes, your names on the internet. At that time you put on a big smile on your face because your name's made it on the internet and call everyone to inform them ... LOL .. jkn ....

Just click on the underlined status which should show IN PROCESS and you will be about 1-2 sentences regarding the file. There isn't much updates on e-CAS but it helps to see that the file has been in process. Now, it updates each week on Tuesdays around 10am so you might want to check again next week or in the weeks to come if you don't see anything regarding your wife's application.

The AOR letter should be enough from POS stating the file has started processing.

The real wait now begins!

Good luck :D

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
confusednscared said:
HONEY,

Gr8! That is your AOR ... very standardized but it's mainly BS from POS cuz they never stick up to their words in that letter.

However, you now have access to your B File number. It will still take a while for Ecas to show the update but you can try accessing Ecas with your new B number and see if it's up.

On another note, Ecas will only show something similar to the following:

We have started processing your application on XXX Date

Medical results have been received.

And then you continue to wait wait wait wait and more wait .. there is hardly any information for you on ecas ... it's a pointless system

Oh i see. well in the letter they said that if i have any further information regarding my relationship i should submit within one month's receipt of the letter. so do you think that \i should send additional information? i have till the 16th October to do so. by that time i would have made three trips to canada ( i will be there for thanksgiving) and 1 trip to europe to see hubby and family. plus i have phone bills and about 500 emails from since we sent in the application plus numerous texts and emails from his mom and sister. So send or don't send! i don`t want to slow down the process but i feel that we need to submit more because we submitted our application just 2 to 3 weeks after we got married and basically it was like less than 2 pounds...everything fit in a normal legal envelope.

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
Mancrab said:
Honeybird,
when I arrived home from work this evening, I called my wife in Trinidad, and she
also received her AOR letter today, basically saying the same things. They acknowleged that
they had recieved the file On Aug 3rd. Making some headways slowly but surely. Thank God, I'll
be seeing my wife in October and hoping soon thereafter, she is going to be with me in Canada.
Hope that your mate joins you soon also. Just a little bit again, God has been paying us small mercies.
See i told ya we have the same time lines so we should definitely keep in touch! :) I am happy for you!

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
HoneyBird said:
Oh i see. well in the letter they said that if i have any further information regarding my relationship i should submit within one month's receipt of the letter. so do you think that \i should send additional information? i have till the 16th October to do so. by that time i would have made three trips to canada ( i will be there for thanksgiving) and 1 trip to europe to see hubby and family. plus i have phone bills and about 500 emails from since we sent in the application plus numerous texts and emails from his mom and sister. So send or don't send! i don`t want to slow down the process but i feel that we need to submit more because we submitted our application just 2 to 3 weeks after we got married and basically it was like less than 2 pounds...everything fit in a normal legal envelope.
If the letter says that well I would surely send in more .... go for it Honey .... you will be fine. Just do it ASAP though.

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
confusednscared said:
If the letter says that well I would surely send in more .... go for it Honey .... you will be fine. Just do it ASAP though.
did your AOR letter say that too....that if you had any more to submit....