Interview........
Non requested
Passport Req..
15-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2011
LANDED..........
Soon
Hey guys, I am new to this forum, but I have paid attention to all of your comments
over the past few months. I live in Toronto and I started my application to sponsor my
wife in Trinidad this past June. I received a letter from CPC-M in July indicating that I was approved as a sponsor, and that the file was sent to Trinidad as of July 25th. How long does it take before I receive a AOR?

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
Mancrab.
we have the same time line. We got approved on the 26 July if i remember rightly.
we have not heard AT ALL from the embassy in Trinidad.
Another forum member has indicated it could take 3 months to receive Acknowledgement.
It would definitely be interesting to keep in touch as we have the sametime line and same embassy.
If you have any updates don't hesitate to mail me here!

Mancrab

Sep 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2010
AOR Received.
14-09-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
Sent with initial application package
Interview........
Non requested
Passport Req..
15-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2011
LANDED..........
Soon
HoneyBird,
appreciate the feedback, just don't want to give myself and my wife
a unrealistic timeline. Every case is different, but it's nice to see different inputs
in here, that could provide a sense that things are flowing atleast. As things change,
I will provide timelines. Thanks!

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Mancrab said:
HoneyBird,
appreciate the feedback, just don't want to give myself and my wife
a unrealistic timeline. Every case is different, but it's nice to see different inputs
in here, that could provide a sense that things are flowing atleast. As things change,
I will provide timelines. Thanks!
Welcome aboard Mancrab.

Why have you called yourself Mancrab? It sounds so wicked .... LOL .... just my thoughts and you are most welcome to clarify :D

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
Confused,
How do you order Caips Notes?

Mancrab

Sep 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2010
AOR Received.
14-09-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
Sent with initial application package
Interview........
Non requested
Passport Req..
15-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2011
LANDED..........
Soon
confusednscared,
first of all congratulations, you have seen the light at
the end of your tunnel! Well, let see, why I choose mancrab, it's just such
an unlikely freakish thing to contemplate, living flesh and crustation combining
to form this mutation. I got the idea from a carnival costume from Trinidad many
years back by a band leader called Peter Minshall, and the top male costume
won that year was called mancrab. I also checked google and Peru has a diety
that is a mancrab. What stange imaginations eh?

:'(

GTWifey

Star Member
May 24, 2010
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 27TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
CONFUSED!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!! Youve reached the end of your journey. . well almost!!!

I havent been on for awhile but its nice to hear some good news. . .

impatient_queen

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
OMG CONFUSED!!!!!!! I'M SOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU :) CONGRATS TO YOU AND YOUR PARTNER :) ...long overdue I must say, but patience is a virtue!!!

As for my update, I ordered my Caips notes beginning of Aug and I got it this week, they are basically awaiting my hubby's FBI clearance an some minor doc, but I think things are looking good because at the end they summarized his interview with "relationship is deemed to be genuine" :) ..which I think that's the biggest thing they are looking for. He has a BF date of end of Sept, so i'm crossing my fingers that we've satisfied everything they asked for!!!

Quick Question to Everyone: His medical expired the beginning of Sept, do you think/know they'll ask him to re-do it??

Thanks a bunch room!! and once again.... CONFUSED, I'M SOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU :) CONGRATS TO YOU AND YOUR PARTNER :)

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
congrats to you impatient. how long did the whole process take for you?

impatient_queen

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Hey Honey,

Well our process is not fully complete as of yet... just need the confirmation basically. But it took us exactly a year, a little of that on our part because we did not do the FBI request until they asked us too (my hubby thought the single state ones were good enough for them...stubborn man). So we had to wait an extra 3 months for that. I think if we had them from the beginning or had sent it in whiles they were processing his stuff, we would of got through earlier. AND POS was sticking too, they had his apps since Nov, and in Jan they made a decision that he had to get an interview but they didnt notify us of that until may!!! so they are at fault too :S

How's your side looking up?

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
impatient_queen said:
OMG CONFUSED!!!!!!! I'M SOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU :) CONGRATS TO YOU AND YOUR PARTNER :) ...long overdue I must say, but patience is a virtue!!!

As for my update, I ordered my Caips notes beginning of Aug and I got it this week, they are basically awaiting my hubby's FBI clearance an some minor doc, but I think things are looking good because at the end they summarized his interview with "relationship is deemed to be genuine" :) ..which I think that's the biggest thing they are looking for. He has a BF date of end of Sept, so i'm crossing my fingers that we've satisfied everything they asked for!!!

Quick Question to Everyone: His medical expired the beginning of Sept, do you think/know they'll ask him to re-do it??

Thanks a bunch room!! and once again.... CONFUSED, I'M SOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU :) CONGRATS TO YOU AND YOUR PARTNER :)
Thanks much, dahling impatient ... YIPPIE

There is a 99% chance they will ask him for a new meds. He should have inquired about that at his interview and they would probably given the instructions to him. I would suggest trying to get in touch with the office and see if they can send the redo form to him. It's a different form from that of the original Meds form..

OK guys, I will msg you all later with more dets ... Honey I still owe you a msg but I will respond in a bit .. I am just so busy lately ...

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
impatient_queen said:
Hey Honey,

Well our process is not fully complete as of yet... just need the confirmation basically. But it took us exactly a year, a little of that on our part because we did not do the FBI request until they asked us too (my hubby thought the single state ones were good enough for them...stubborn man). So we had to wait an extra 3 months for that. I think if we had them from the beginning or had sent it in whiles they were processing his stuff, we would of got through earlier. AND POS was sticking too, they had his apps since Nov, and in Jan they made a decision that he had to get an interview but they didnt notify us of that until may!!! so they are at fault too :S

How's your side looking up?
Hmmm...well we submitted everything that they requested on time. But i have heard nuthing new from them and the file was send at the end of July. In October I plan to send more information re: phonecards, trips to hungary and canada, etc that happened since the applications been sitting at the embassy. AND in November I am gonna order CAIPS notes if i have no reply from them. I want to be in Canada at the end of the YEAR . i am sick and tired fo work and just want to be with my husband.