Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
OneLoveTwoHearts said:
Hey everyone, I am back. My last account had to be deleted due to email being hacked and I had to reset everything. Last time I was here, I was sent info for my final stage. Request was made for police certificates and FBI clearance since I lived in the US for sometime and passport. I sent everything in except my FBI clearance, it takes 14-16 weeks to get and I am in week 14 already and still waiting. Bad thing is POS said send everything in and I can send fbi report after, so I don't have my passport and my anniversary is coming. I can't travel to meet my wife :mad: we have great plans, but seems she will have to be the one to take time off and meet me for our anniversary. For now I am tracking two things, my FBI report to get to me and my passport to get to me. I really hope I can get this done before my anniversary, did I mention is end of March.
Hope you and your wife get to spend your anniversary together and if not you will soon be together in Canada :). Sounds like you are at the final stage and soon you can celebrate immigration no longer ruling your life!!! Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
keptis said:
HI,

I am new here. I got married recently. I am now looking into sponsoring my wife for permanent residency. I am presently downloading the documents and came upon this website while looking for forums on this subject of family class sponsorship. I would like someone to share their experience if they relatively new like me on the first stage or just put in their application.

Thanks.
Hi keptis and welcome to the forum. :) It is a really helpful place for most of us having to go through the roller coaster of spousal sponsorship. Because you are new, maybe you can confirm a few things so members can help guide you in the right direction.

This is the Port of Spain (POS) visa office (VO) thread for outland applicants. Meaning, your wife is living in one of the countries where her application would be processed by this office. If this is correct, what country is she from? This will give us a better idea of where to point you for other members that may also have been processed from that country.

If you read backwards on the pages of this thread you will probably get many of your questions answered. If you make some time to do this, it will pay off for both of you especially before you submit your application. Also there is a link to the POS VO spreadsheet underneath my timeline ticker below and you can click on that to see the timelines of some of the other members from different countries that have been processed over the past 5+ years. Note, that those of us on the forum only represent a fraction of the applications going through that office so it is just a snapshot. You will learn that many things about this process are unfortunately not that consistent or transparent.

Congratulations to you and your new bride on your marriage btw and hang on tight to each other during this part of the journey! Blessings.

OneLoveTwoHearts

Feb 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 30, 2014
AOR Received.
Sept-2014
File Transfer...
Sept-2014
Med's Request
Sept-2014
Med's Done....
Oct-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 2014 Passport Sent....: Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2015
LANDED..........
April 12, 2015
@ CdnandTrini, Thank you very much and we do hope things work out before our anniversary.

Here is an update of my timeline:
Category........: FAM
Visa Office ........MISSISSAGUA
App. Filed.......: June 30, 2014
File transfered & AOR Received to POS: Sept. 2014
Meds & PR Fee Requested....: Sept. 2014
Meds submitted.......: Oct. 2014
Police and FBI reports requested............: Nov 2014
Passport Req...........: Nov 2014
Passport and Police report sent...........: Feb 2015
FBI report sent............: still waiting on FBI
VISA ISSUED...:
LANDED..........:

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
OneLoveTwoHearts said:
@ CdnandTrini, Thank you very much and we do hope things work out before our anniversary.

Here is an update of my timeline:
Category........: FAM
Visa Office ........MISSISSAGUA
App. Filed.......: June 30, 2014
File transfered & AOR Received to POS: Sept. 2014
Meds & PR Fee Requested....: Sept. 2014
Meds submitted.......: Oct. 2014
Police and FBI reports requested............: Nov 2014
Passport Req...........: Nov 2014
Passport and Police report sent...........: Feb 2015
FBI report sent............: still waiting on FBI
VISA ISSUED...:
LANDED..........:
You are most welcome :). Hang in there.......even though all of our apps go first to the Mississauga office, CIC considers the overseas office that you are being processed through as your Visa Office (VO). So your VO is Port of Spain (POS).

Many spouses are in the difficult situation of only one spouse being able to travel. Normally if the other is from a non-visa exempt country but in your case it seems as though it is just the holding of the passport. Which seems to be so unfair. My husband and I also had to make many sacrifices and hard decisions about holidays, birthdays, anniversaries etc. as we were long distance for over 6 years before we married, submitted our app. and got approved for his PR. But it does sound like you are soooo......close to the end of the journey and with immigration I always say, hope for the best but prepare for the worst. Even if you cannot be together for your anniversary, plan for all of the fun you will have soon after. Oh....and also bring warm clothes!!! Spring is not here yet......Blessings

mox1989

Jul 11, 2014
Saint Lucia
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2015 and received 27-02-15. signed by H.Hunter. CIC stamped application on 02.03.15
AOR Received.
05-05-2015//SA received 13-05-2015
File Transfer...
03-06-2015
Med's Done....
20-11-2014 upfront
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
17-06-2015//SENT: 18-06-2015//RECEIVED BY POS: 22-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
keptis said:
HI,

I am new here. I got married recently. I am now looking into sponsoring my wife for permanent residency. I am presently downloading the documents and came upon this website while looking for forums on this subject of family class sponsorship. I would like someone to share their experience if they relatively new like me on the first stage or just put in their application.

Thanks.
i would love to be of assistance to you. what country is your wife from?

Ravi Ryder

Feb 20, 2015
Hi all still no updates tuesday march 10 2015 will be 7 weeks since POS recived my wife and daughter passport still no decsion made still in process this very fustrating as i want to prepare and move and set new place up just not sure what to do dont want to move out from parent and go on own if i dont know they get visa i did not think will take thing long and was excpeting wife in april i already went and find a place and so and sign lease and give first and last month rent and buying furinture i hope POS issue visa soon i dont want to move on my own and live by my self for long period damn they so slow in processing 7 damn weeks just to stamp passport with visa i think they are under staff and i seen so many ppl here apply under family class was after me and already get visa so i dont know wat order they goin in i should be a priorty since i have child now am piss time to get lawyers and MP involved these ppl at pos can make couples break up ppl life on hold waiting for dem skunt i bet it not even canadian citzen who are working at POS it maybe local ppl they must have something against guyana application

guyanese24

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014 (return as cic updated 2 forms) resummited -Sept 09th 2014- All fees were paid, medical,police check,skype,photos etc summited with app.
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Oct 23, 2014- Sponsor Approved Letter
File Transfer...
Sept 09th 2014, Husband got email Nov 3rd,2014 from POS stating they have recieved his app.
Med's Request
Medical Recieved by POS Dec 2014-In Process Dec 11th 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
Dec-16-2014- Thank you God (CIC Receive passport dec 18th)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb -05-15, Passport in hand Feb 12th 2015
LANDED..........
Pending - March 07th 2015
Hubby have arrived, landing story soon ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Ravi Ryder said:
Hi all still no updates tuesday march 10 2015 will be 7 weeks since POS recived my wife and daughter passport still no decsion made still in process this very fustrating as i want to prepare and move and set new place up just not sure what to do dont want to move out from parent and go on own if i dont know they get visa i did not think will take thing long and was excpeting wife in april i already went and find a place and so and sign lease and give first and last month rent and buying furinture i hope POS issue visa soon i dont want to move on my own and live by my self for long period damn they so slow in processing 7 damn weeks just to stamp passport with visa i think they are under staff and i seen so many ppl here apply under family class was after me and already get visa so i dont know wat order they goin in i should be a priorty since i have child now am piss time to get lawyers and MP involved these ppl at pos can make couples break up ppl life on hold waiting for dem skunt i bet it not even canadian citzen who are working at POS it maybe local ppl they must have something against guyana application
Ravi, I know it is very upsetting to have to wait; however, just have a bit more faith that you are near the end. If you look at the spreadsheet you will see that most people do not wait longer than 8 weeks for their passports to be returned with visas and of the last 2 folks that got through POS, one was from Guyana.

FYI the visa offices employ both Canadians (the higher percentage) and what they call locally engaged staff (LES). I highly doubt that they have anything against Guyanese applicants because for the last year, the Guyanese applicants all got through the TOTAL process in 3-4 months!

So if you rented your place for April and there is nothing outstanding or unusual on your file, I would guess that your wife and child will both be landed here for April. If I was a betting woman, I would bet that you will hear something in the next week or 2. We all can sympathize with your frustration, but do not let them drive you mad :p It is in the final lap that we need to stay encouraged.........so as the saying goes, you can either curse the darkness or light a candle :)
Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
guyanese24 said:
Congrats G24!!!! Looking forward to the landing story and savour your time together. Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mox1989 said:
i would love to be of assistance to you. what country is your wife from?
Congrats on recently sending in your application mox1989 :)! That is a big relief and now the fun begins 8). At least the processing times have gone down a bit so that is always good news.

I was not around much in the summer and am offline more than on sometimes but I like to drop in from time to time to say welcome to the POS thread! This thread is a lot less active than when I was processed but there is still lots of good info. and support here.

Blessings for a speedy process.

WifeOfGrenadian

Sep 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
18-01-2015
File Transfer...
29-01-2015 AOR2 Received:12-02-2015
guyanese24 said:
Congratulations Guyanese24!!! :)
Can't wait for our turn!!! ;D

guyanese24

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014 (return as cic updated 2 forms) resummited -Sept 09th 2014- All fees were paid, medical,police check,skype,photos etc summited with app.
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Oct 23, 2014- Sponsor Approved Letter
File Transfer...
Sept 09th 2014, Husband got email Nov 3rd,2014 from POS stating they have recieved his app.
Med's Request
Medical Recieved by POS Dec 2014-In Process Dec 11th 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
Dec-16-2014- Thank you God (CIC Receive passport dec 18th)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb -05-15, Passport in hand Feb 12th 2015
LANDED..........
Pending - March 07th 2015
HI all so here goes our landing story. This is hubby here and I will give a brief description on my experience. So the flight was very smooth coming from Guyana to Trinidad to Canada. I tried to sleep while flying but could not since I was calm but still full with excitement within…… Flight touched at Pearson Intl and here I am on Canada’s ground for the first time…… Went through customs without any questions being asked and straight to immigration. I must admit I was still calm but was still expecting a speed bump somewhere along the line. So I am at immigration and the female officer asked 4 questions. Who sponsored you, what’s your address, what’s your telephone # and how many dependants do I have. After answering her It was Welcome to Canada. I spent about 5 mins with immigration and that was the smoothest flight and interview process ever. So as I was heading out of the terminal I say lights flashing into my eyes and guess who it was……… WIFEY lol. Then and only then did I break into a smile as I was greeted with a big hug, kisses and flowers oh not forgetting a jacket for the cold.
Hi all wife here so as the day began I was already running late with everything. Even though I knew I was ahead of time it felt like I was rushing. I was tracking his flight before it even left Guyana and kept checking for updates. So as I arrived at the airport and anxiously / patiently waiting for hubby as my phone was blowing up with numerous messages from so many friends and family asking IS HE HERE IS HE HERE? I kept trying to give everyone an update but was just praying that they don’t ask him much questions and just send him out. After about 30mins wait there comes my tall dark and handsome chocolate. Lol as I flashed some pix of him to send as confirmation that he’s here. We hugged kissed and journeyed home where I had a welcome to Canada cake waiting for him along with family to greet him. Thus far the transition has been going smoothly and we will be looking after all necessary documentation during the week. After knowing each other for 19years plus and being together for 3 year we are very happy to start this journey in our life. It just feels so amazing that hubby is not here on a vacation and is here permanently. Thanks to all who have made this process so easy during our times of trials even though we know our processing time was fast compared to other. Cantrini,meljam, b, you all are awesome, I wish if I could mention all the names of everyone but you all know yourselves. Just know that we will be here to assist anyone with questions and those waiting “we will continue to add you to our prayers” NOTHING BUT LOVE AND SUPPORT….MR & MRS. H (aka Guyanese 24)

Will-i-am

Mar 9, 2015
Hello Everybody, im new here and i have been reading some these crazy stories abt this process, just think i should post my application process so far.info i got via email from visa office in Canada. im from Guyana and my wife is PR in Canada.so this is what they sent her.

We received your application to sponsor on December 4, 2014.

We started processing your application on February 25, 2015.

We sent you a letter on February 25, 2015 about the decision(Sponsorship Approved!!!!) on your application.

the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing. February 26, 2015.

Now its off to T.T and from what i read in this forum im not expecting much if any updates from them, guess my ecas will have to do for the rest. Do they even let you know if they av receive ur app????????

chief3rd

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
Doc's Request.
25-10-2012
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
Med's Request
29-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
CPR 31-05-2013
LANDED..........
09-06-2013
Will-i-am said:
Hello Everybody, im new here and i have been reading some these crazy stories abt this process, just think i should post my application process so far.info i got via email from visa office in Canada. im from Guyana and my wife is PR in Canada.so this is what they sent her.

We received your application to sponsor on December 4, 2014.

We started processing your application on February 25, 2015.

We sent you a letter on February 25, 2015 about the decision(Sponsorship Approved!!!!) on your application.

the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing. February 26, 2015.

Now its off to T.T and from what i read in this forum im not expecting much if any updates from them, guess my ecas will have to do for the rest. Do they even let you know if they av receive ur app????????
Yes most times you will get another email (some people get a letter) from POS saying they have received your application for permanent residence, you will get another UCI number for that application which can also be used to check ECAS

Ravi Ryder

Feb 20, 2015
Hi all thanks for your support and advice am just missing my wife and daughter she is only 6 have not seen her like 9 months now really hoping pos made decsion soon and wifey and daughter get passport i done buy everything awaitng them i would like to thank CdnandTrini and guyanese24 for always advice me to remain calm and keep faith in my mind you ppl make me feel better even i dont kno you or meet it means so much to see others who went thru this process care about others thanks am just living life day by day waiting on day they get visa i hope pos can make that soon as it goin to be 7 weeks on march 10 2015 i just wanted to kno all is ok and once they get visa i will be able to sleep in peace at nite am kinda sad at same time am excited that it maybe any day now they get it thanks ppl for you support i does feel sad i talk my daught er on phone and asking me when she will see me and i dont have a answer for her