File Transfer...
15-01-10
Passport Req..
18-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2010
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
THANK YOU VERY MUCH confusednscared,HoneyBird, CDNGirl and GTWifey.
@ GTWifey Amen to that!!! I post this letter with all of us in mind I know it will help if we all read it together.
It is much better than just writing I got my PPR 8) ;) :D

confusednscared said:
OMG TWINS ... are you for real? I am soooooo happy for you right now. Least you know by November you will be back in Canada as a landed PR.

Did you received this letter via email or post? How did you apply for your ARC? Was it through a Lawyer?

Did you get a Certificate of Departure from Canada too?

I am a bit worried about my case because e-CAS shows an interview for next month but I still haven't received any letters from the office. It's beginning to bother me seeing that my file has been with the office for over a year now.

Soooo happy for you tho and bigggggg CONGRATS to you my friend :)
@ confused I received this letter via email. I did not use a lawyer for my sponsorship application. I was advice by the chief immigration officer before I leave Montreal that I needed ARC, he told to include that I will be needing ARC in my written submission, which I did............I simply wrote that I WOULD LIKE TO APPLY FOR AUTHORIZATION TO RETURN TO CANADA (ARC).

I never received a Certificate of Departure.

I understand it will bother me too, maybe you will get that letter soon. YOU ARE NEXT DON'T WORRY, YOU WILL BE OK.
BTW.... My ARC was process within 29 days :eek: ???

I will be sending our passport via fedex tomorrow.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

GTWifey

Star Member
May 24, 2010
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 27TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
Welcome Vinnigurl!

Our timeline is very similar. . .I hope this means that hubby and I will hear from POS in the next week or so. (I was approved to sponsor on June 18th, 4 days after you were approved). Where is hubby's interview? Do you know why theyve pushed the interview all the way to January???? ???

Yes, it helps to encourge one another. This process is very emotionally draining. . . but keep in mind that there is an end to every beginning. Just have faith that you will succeed & be reunited with your loved one early next year. WE are here to help with advice on this forum. You can also find a lot of useful tips on 'the interview' from members who have been through it (or are preparing for it). ;)

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Vinnigurl said:
Hi everyone:
I stumbled across this forum today and i must say you all are very comforting...its nice knowing that there are others going through the same thing...dealing with that anxious impatient feelings, frustration with POS, missing your dear one, saying those dreaded goodbyes....

MY application was approved June 15th and my interview is set for January however I haven't recieved an official letter stating time of interview
Welcome aboard Vinnigirl,

Where are you applying from? How did you know that your interview was already scheduled for January? You have lots of time to get that letter. My interview is next month and I still haven't received my letter in the mail. It's beginning to freak me out but Gawwdddd I only can get a hold of this POS office and give them a good chunk of what's on my mind for them.

Give us a few more dets about your situation.

Thanks

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
GTWifey said:
Welcome Vinnigurl!

Our timeline is very similar. . .I hope this means that hubby and I will hear from POS in the next week or so. (I was approved to sponsor on June 18th, 4 days after you were approved). Where is hubby's interview? Do you know why theyve pushed the interview all the way to January???? ???

Yes, it helps to encourge one another. This process is very emotionally draining. . . but keep in mind that there is an end to every beginning. Just have faith that you will succeed & be reunited with your loved one early next year. WE are here to help with advice on this forum. You can also find a lot of useful tips on 'the interview' from members who have been through it (or are preparing for it). ;)
oh crap my hubby was approved the JULY 23 you guys! so i should be hearing from them soon too!!! (freaking out now... can't imagine waiting until january to have an interview! but at least we know pos is working! cause several ppl got responses..so it must be they do stuff in batches..)

Vinnigurl

Aug 19, 2010
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
July 2010
File Transfer...
June 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
JAN 26, 2011
Passport Req..
SAME DAY AS INTERVIEW
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 31, 2011
LANDED..........
FEB 4, 2011
thanks for the warm welcome everyone! ;D

Here is a little on my situation...My hubby is in canada and I am in the U.S. We originally sent the application to buffalo office but they forwarded it to port of spain since i am still waiting on green card in the states. My parents are getting their greencard now but i have aged out. the only way i can get my greencard is if they turn around and sponsor me, which i don't really need now since i am moving to canada. I guess i am just waiting until i get my letter to go for the interview. I am worried about going back to trinidad or guyana since i don't have anyone there. I left guyana when i was 13. I am wondering if they will interview me then tell me to go to guyana and wait there for the visa or they will let me wait in TRinidad.

@confused, my status was updated online to "in process" and they listed the interview date
@gt, my husband was approved to sponsor in march but application was sent to buffalo who then reviewed it for a month, they then sent it back for me to prove that i have been in the US lawfully for at least one year. I had documents proving i was allow to be here for 11 months, i even got a lawyer to explain that while my greencard application is being process my parents and I are allowed to stay. They denied our request to process in buffalo. Buffalo office then mailed the application to Guyana and then send me a letter apologizing for sending it there instead of port of spain....so we lost like two months of processing time fooling around with buffalo office. Finally I got a letter in June from POS stating they have assigned a file number.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Vinnigurl said:
thanks for the warm welcome everyone! ;D

Here is a little on my situation...My hubby is in canada and I am in the U.S. We originally sent the application to buffalo office but they forwarded it to port of spain since i am still waiting on green card in the states. My parents are getting their greencard now but i have aged out. the only way i can get my greencard is if they turn around and sponsor me, which i don't really need now since i am moving to canada. I guess i am just waiting until i get my letter to go for the interview. I am worried about going back to trinidad or guyana since i don't have anyone there. I left guyana when i was 13. I am wondering if they will interview me then tell me to go to guyana and wait there for the visa or they will let me wait in TRinidad.

@ confused, my status was updated online to "in process" and they listed the interview date
@ gt, my husband was approved to sponsor in march but application was sent to buffalo who then reviewed it for a month, they then sent it back for me to prove that i have been in the US lawfully for at least one year. I had documents proving i was allow to be here for 11 months, i even got a lawyer to explain that while my greencard application is being process my parents and I are allowed to stay. They denied our request to process in buffalo. Buffalo office then mailed the application to Guyana and then send me a letter apologizing for sending it there instead of port of spain....so we lost like two months of processing time fooling around with buffalo office. Finally I got a letter in June from POS stating they have assigned a file number.
OK cool... this is going to sound a bit scary for you but they will interview you in Guyana if they have otherwise stated that they will conduct the interview in POS.

Some Guyanese applicants do get interviewed in Trinidad depending on that time of year POS assigns the interview. In your situation, I think you may first need to fly back to Guyana and then to POS with a return ticket to Guyana if that is where you will be interviewed, attend the interview and hoping that all goes well you will have to come back to Guyana and wait out the time. Immigration in Trinidad will only allow you to stay for about a month or less because you will be landing there only as a visitor. POS will not take your PP at the interview if you are from Guyana. They will make you come back to GT and submit your PP at the CHC-Georgetown which takes an average 4-6 weeks to be returned with Visa. Oh, regarding the passport, you will need the new Caricom Community machine readable passport from Guyana before they issue your visa. I am assuming you still have the old, ugly looking, outdated green passport which your picture glued in. Trust me, the new machine readable one is way much better. Makes you feel somewhat proud to travel with it.

Be sure to gather a lot of evidence proving your relationship with your hubby and most most most importantly, I strongly suggest applying for FBI clearance very soon (3-4 months prior to coming for your interview) because the processing time for that takes quite sometime and if you wait until the interview, it will definitely add additional time to the processing which means more waiting in Guyana. CIC will ask that you redo one eventually.

You have a lot of touching up to do in terms of getting all your documentation and such put together. Plus, you need to start arranging for accommodation for at least 6 months when you come to Guyana.

OK, I think this is my little advice for you now. I really wish I had found this forum before applying for my PR. It provides a great deal of information that do become useful in bypassing the little ''not know'' situations for CIC and their processing.

Have a great day!

Vinnigurl

Aug 19, 2010
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
July 2010
File Transfer...
June 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
JAN 26, 2011
Passport Req..
SAME DAY AS INTERVIEW
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 31, 2011
LANDED..........
FEB 4, 2011
thanks so much for the advice!
I completed the FBI clearance and mail it to them in July, I also completed my medical in april and got my new machine readable passport, yes it looks way better than the old ones.

Confused: do you think they will ask for another FBI clearance?

thanks again for all the help

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Vinnigurl said:
thanks so much for the advice!
I completed the FBI clearance and mail it to them in July, I also completed my medical in april and got my new machine readable passport, yes it looks way better than the old ones.

Confused: do you think they will ask for another FBI clearance?

thanks again for all the help
They probably will seeing that the last time you did one was in July this year and by the time your interview that one may have already been expired. I think once you live in the country 6 months after the first report was issued they will make you redo one.

GTWifey

Star Member
May 24, 2010
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
HoneyBird said:
oh crap my hubby was approved the JULY 23 you guys! so i should be hearing from them soon too!!! (freaking out now... can't imagine waiting until january to have an interview! but at least we know pos is working! cause several ppl got responses..so it must be they do stuff in batches..)
Yes, the prospect of POS in action does bring a sigh of relief. Hubby and I are hoping to hear something by month end. ;D

Vinni, sorry to hear about your delay with the Buffalo office. I trust in God that everything will work out for you soon. I'm glad youve already completed your medical & FBI clearance. Youre right, the new passports do look 100% better.

Have a great weekend everyone. . Good news from CIC-Port of Spain coming next week!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Vinnigurl

Aug 19, 2010
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
July 2010
File Transfer...
June 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
JAN 26, 2011
Passport Req..
SAME DAY AS INTERVIEW
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 31, 2011
LANDED..........
FEB 4, 2011
thanks GT....we all have to trust in God and just hope and pray that things go smoothly. I have like 4mths more to wait for the interview, I just want to pick up and go, I am getting so anxious these days. I am trying to occupy myself with work and family here and preparing clothes for the winter in canada....but I just can't wait to be with my hubby and start our lives in Canada. I am sure you guys are feeling the same....

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Vinnigurl said:
thanks GT....we all have to trust in God and just hope and pray that things go smoothly. I have like 4mths more to wait for the interview, I just want to pick up and go, I am getting so anxious these days. I am trying to occupy myself with work and family here and preparing clothes for the winter in canada....but I just can't wait to be with my hubby and start our lives in Canada. I am sure you guys are feeling the same....
Nah worry pickney, yuh time ah soon coame :D

Vinnigurl

Aug 19, 2010
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
July 2010
File Transfer...
June 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
JAN 26, 2011
Passport Req..
SAME DAY AS INTERVIEW
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 31, 2011
LANDED..........
FEB 4, 2011
Confused: Do you think they would ask for a police certificate from guyana too? ...I left there when I was 14

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Vinnigurl said:
Confused: Do you think they would ask for a police certificate from guyana too? ...I left there when I was 14
No, they only will if you have lived in GEO for 6 months or more after turning 18yo. If you do come back and you have to wait out your whole interview decision and what's not then yea, you will need a PC if waiting out the process takes you 6 months or more before CIC grants a decision to your application.

In my situation, it's over 6 months since I have returned from Canada so I am 99% certain they will ask for one. From past experiences while needing one done while in Canada, it takes about 1-2 days to process. It's very fast.

RoyalT

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
AOR Received.
07-05-2010
Med's Done....
10-11-2009
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
11-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2010
LANDED..........
07-09-2010
GTWifey said:
ROYAL T,

How is it going? Has hubby landed? I am so excited for you. Those of us in the POS forum can only dream of the happiness you are experiencing now. Please update us. . .

Showers of Blessings,
GT
Hey All, sorry i haven't been on in a long while. No my hubby hasn't landed as yet. We have a wedding to go to on the weekend (in Trinidad). Its a long time friend of mine and actually his cousin so we waited to be able to support her and he'll be coming back home with me. So our return flight is on Sept. 7th. I'm leaving this week Friday and this week feels like its moving in SLOW MOTION!!!!

How is everyone else doing? who else has gotten through over this last month or so?

GTWifey

Star Member
May 24, 2010
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
So nice to hear from you RoyalT!!!! I certainly hope you have a wonderful stay in Trinidad & a safe arrival back in Canada with hubby! :D

There has been little update out of CIC- POS. We are all hoping that September will bring some more VISAS issued out of Trinidad.

Good luck to all!!! ;)