May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 27TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
Have a wonderful weekend everybody!!!!!!!

@ Confused, how is the vacation going??? I wish I could get some of that warm Caribbean breeeeeeze boy. . . :D

@ Impatient- Bell Canada. It might be because our LD bills were atroucious & they obviously saw that they were making a hell of a lot of money. The good news is that I submitted those same bills to CIC as evidence of our daily communication. (Bell clearly breaks down the date, times, & length of each call). Geeeez, I can't wait until these days are over. . .no more calling cards. . .no more credit. . .no more bad connections...no more "circuits are busy" messages. LOL :p

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
GTWifey said:
Have a wonderful weekend everybody!!!!!!!

@ Confused, how is the vacation going??? I wish I could get some of that warm Caribbean breeeeeeze boy. . . :D
@ Impatient- Bell Canada. It might be because our LD bills were atroucious & they obviously saw that they were making a hell of a lot of money. The good news is that I submitted those same bills to CIC as evidence of our daily communication. (Bell clearly breaks down the date, times, & length of each call). Geeeez, I can't wait until these days are over. . .no more calling cards. . .no more credit. . .no more bad connections...no more "circuits are busy" messages. LOL :p
In Trinidad, I use Digicel. Pay for 5 mins get 15 free. :) It works up to about 5.50TT. And you can get this after six every evening. on weekends its like 2.50 TT. I would normal spend 150 TT or 200TT a month. Which is great for me. Plus with Digicel you get back credit for making international calls. So for the month i would probably get back 15 dollars. Which is good. If my husband calls me, I get credit too! And they have specials and deals, buy a 100 card and get 100 free (very rare though..my estimation happens ever couple of months.)

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Honeybird, we use Digicel in Jamaica and purchase an international card. Costs about $20 cdn for a 1,000 minutes. They expire every month though if not used which typically never happens, run out of minutes first

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
canuck0469 said:
Honeybird, we use Digicel in Jamaica and purchase an international card. Costs about $20 cdn for a 1,000 minutes. They expire every month though if not used which typically never happens, run out of minutes first
i have never heard about any international digicel call cards...but i am going to enquire! you all have a way better deal!!!!

GTWifey

Star Member
May 24, 2010
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
waiting. . waiting. . waiting. ???

Any updates Port of Spain????

GTWifey

Star Member
May 24, 2010
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
HoneyBird said:
In Trinidad, I use Digicel. Pay for 5 mins get 15 free. :) It works up to about 5.50TT. And you can get this after six every evening. on weekends its like 2.50 TT. I would normal spend 150 TT or 200TT a month. Which is great for me. Plus with Digicel you get back credit for making international calls. So for the month i would probably get back 15 dollars. Which is good. If my husband calls me, I get credit too! And they have specials and deals, buy a 100 card and get 100 free (very rare though..my estimation happens ever couple of months.)
Thats awsome! I know that Digicel does a lot of good business in the Caribbean. (They are always running some promotion or giving away free minutes). ;)

CDNGirl

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2011
Hi room,

I'm guessing everyone doesn't receive an AOR.
I was told by the Receptionist at POS that my husbands's case is in process.
Strange guys?

GTWifey

Star Member
May 24, 2010
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
@ CDNGIRL

WOW! Thats great! The receptionist gave you that information??? I thought they didnt give case-specific information over the phone. :eek:

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
okay exactly what did you say that they provided that info!

GTWifey

Star Member
May 24, 2010
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
@ kenswife

Ive noticed the icommercials but never did any investigations. I somehow assumed that MagicJack would only work when calling to another North American destination.

Have a wonderful weekend forum family. Lets pray for good news next week out of Trinidad & Tobago. . . :D

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Hey you guys,

I am finally back after a week with my partner. It was indeed a fun week but time was too short as usual.

I had a long in transit wait at Piarco so the IMM guys were nice enough to stamp me into POS and I had some time to walk around the airport terminal to get a feel of what things were like in Trinidad. It's not a bad place at all. I think our next vacation will be in Tobago and I am going to count on you Trinis in this forum to provide me with some more Tobago information. We are thinking maybe around January if CIC doesn't work out for us by then.

Soooo .... big big bigggg update ....

My interview is in a month's time and still no damm interview letter from POS. I am beginning to get worried because I don't know what they will ask to bring and I am beginning to gather evidence for the interview. Gawddd, it's a lot of stuff I have to put together and it's soooooo confusing and takes up a lot of time.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing great.

Do keep us posted on any updates your way.

Take care everyone :)

impatient_queen

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Hi confused,

sooooo glad to hear your week went great :) (sukkkey sukkkey ;) lol. soooo jealous too :S can't wait to have some 1-on-1 time with my mista!!

as for the interview letter, don't stress it too tuff, my hubby got his 2 weeks before his actual interview, and some ppl said they got theirs even after the interview, regardless they'll give u more time to provide whatever docs are required.

good news on my end, i got my hubby's fbi clearance today, so i'll be sending out our (hopefully the last) package tonight :) ....and then they'll make a decision!!!

crossing my fingers, hoping for all the best, not only for me, but for all of us....dang, they let close to 500 tamils into canada the other day, what's a few west indians?? lol hehehe.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
impatient_queen said:
Hi confused,

sooooo glad to hear your week went great :) (sukkkey sukkkey ;) lol. soooo jealous too :S can't wait to have some 1-on-1 time with my mista!!

as for the interview letter, don't stress it too tuff, my hubby got his 2 weeks before his actual interview, and some ppl said they got theirs even after the interview, regardless they'll give u more time to provide whatever docs are required.

good news on my end, i got my hubby's fbi clearance today, so i'll be sending out our (hopefully the last) package tonight :) ....and then they'll make a decision!!!

crossing my fingers, hoping for all the best, not only for me, but for all of us....dang, they let close to 500 tamils into canada the other day, what's a few west indians?? lol hehehe.
I am sooo happy for you Impatient... least you and I both know that the end is nearing for you and only happy times are bound to come.

I am not going to stress too much about the interview letter. If you still have yours do you mind sharing the format of the letter and the things they had asked for your hubby to bring to the interview. I hope you kick arse and get that package sent out tonight so it gets to them by Wednesday.

Ayohhhhh (like the tamils would say) sooo many Tamils in at once? Gawd, I hope Canada doesn't make Tamil their 3rd official language now. That's just too many and I am pretty sure it wouldn't hurt for them to take in a few hundred West Indians including us :)