Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
THE REASON WHY THEY ARE PROBABLY SO SLOW!

For those that don't know what is going on at the Port of Spain office, here is the bulletin:

1. Applicants from French Guyana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Saba, St. Eustatius, St. Maarten, and St. Martin

The Embassy of Canada in Port-au-Prince normally processes visitor and immigration application for nationals or residents from French Guyana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Saba, St. Eustatius, St. Maarten, and St. Martin.

Until further notice, the Canadian High Commission in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, will process temporary resident visa applications from applicants from the above countries.

2. NOTICE

Members of the public are advised that the Visa Section of the High Commission of Canada in Port of Spain will be upgrading its database and processing systems this summer starting the week of June 28, 2010.

During this period, the Visa Section will remain open as usual, but processing times may be longer. For this reason, the High Commission would like to urge members of the public who want to travel to Canada during this period to submit their applications as early as possible. This applies also to individuals applying to work or study in Canada. Please visit our website at www.trinidadandtobago.gc.ca for instructions and application forms. Note that the Visa Section is closed to the public on Fridays, with no exception.

And normally this are the countries they process!
We are responsible for processing immigrant and visitor (including employment and student) applications made by residents of the following countries or territories: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, British Virgin Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Montserrat, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname and Trinidad and Tobago

So with summer in a run right now there are many many applicants, i took a drive by to the embassy and i saw like a hundred people waiting!WHYDO THEY HAVE TO FIX THEIR DATABASE IN SUMMER!

I am sooooooooooo disappointed! I hope some of the officers that were originally at Haiti moved to the Trinidad Office, but at the same time, I am wondering if these officers have a different mentality interms of giving hardship to those wishing to come to canada!

I ALSO WANT TO KNOW WHETHER ITS THE SAME VO THAT DO ALL THE IMMIGRATION VISAS OR IF THERE ARE SPECIFIC VO OFFICERS ASSIGNED TO JUST FAMILY SPONSORSHIP. SO FAR MANY PEOPLE ARE WAITING AND WAITING. Sad

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
TGIT everyone ... howdy?

CDNGirl

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2011
well hello confused, how are you dear?
I know, the work week is ALMOST over.. well, it's longweekend here (Caribana) so that's getting everyone all amped and busy busy.
Your probably preparing for your trip soon with the hubby eh? I still got over a month....... but I must say the time is going somewhat fast.
Oh yeah, I should be hearing something rather soon from POS, (AOR) next week is my 3months mark.

Hope all is well at your side, guess the rest of our forum family are busy busy.

God bless :-*

impatient_queen

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Hello all, it's been awhile :)

GTWifey and Confused, (and anyone else) what phone company/plan are you guys on?? Anyone in Canada with a great phone plan to call GT??? Please tell me as I'm missing my hubby tooo too much :(

Thanks.

GTWifey

Star Member
May 24, 2010
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 27TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
Hello Everyone!!!

HAVE A SAFE & HAPPY CARIBANA WEEKEND

Impatient: I understand your frustration!!! I started out buying phone cards which I went through like water. It was so annoying!!!! I then spoke to the local phone company explaining my situation and they were able to work out a competitive rate for us. I talk to hubby almost everyday now; but he also calls me from Guyana using calling cards. His friends in NY have also recommended that we start using SKYPE which will work out to be even cheaper. I will look into that when I have the time. . .

CDNGirl: We too hope to hear from POS for our AOR in August.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Impatient, GT, CDN ... you guys need to get on SKYPEEEEE

I am totally disliking this "not getting to talk to your hubbies very often" deal.

I have my Skype plan which I bought on my visa for around $17 unlimited to Canada for 3 months. I keep renewing my account after the three months time have relapsed but it doesn't hurt my heart to spend so little money to call my partner in Canada for unlimited calls. I even use it to contact my family and friends too. Very great plan.

My sister somehow managed to get a cheaper plan for under 8 bucks CDN which allows for calls to the US and Canada unlimited. Very great plans you guys.

You must check them out on Skype. The good part too is you get a detailed copy of your phone records for CIC purposes. Have tons of those already in stack to go through and underline my partner's number for my CIC interview in Sept.

I must tell you that we spend hourssssssss talking over Skype. On a normal day, we prolly spend over 3-4 hours talking to each other at his work or home.

I think that your hubby will need to do the skype connection from Guyana. I tried doing it from Canada before I left and it didn't allow such options. Plus, your hubbys will have to make the calls but if it's true love they will be with you for hours over the phone.

If any of you is really into this stuff, I can surely looking into it more and help you walk through the process.

After I first came back to Guyana, my partner used Comwave to call from Canada and we thought it was a bit pricey. Skype took us out of that extra monthly bill payment.

God, I feel like I am a promoter for Skype. They should be giving me free services for this.

Best,
Confused :)

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
We got approval today in the mail! So now its on its way down to trinidad. I want to submit additional information so i am gonna do that next week as I now have a client number and so forth. Hope it does not slow down the process.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
I just made a comment to your topic in your new forum Honey ... I would wait until POS gives me that B file number.

The Client Number is only used for the IN-CANADA portion of the application which was successful on your hubby's end.

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Oh you guys, I have very good news to share with you all.

Are you ready to read it?

NEWS FLASHHHHHH ............

PROCESSING TIMES FOR POS HAVE INCREASED according to the stats from July 1, 2009 to June 30, 2010 on CIC's website.

Port of Spain 7 (30%) 11 (50%) 13 (70%) 17 (80%)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp#west

I am a little upset at this new stat.... arggghhhhsssss........... :'( :-\ :-[ :mad: ???

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
oh for f****sakes... :mad: I am really upset at the updated stats. Maybe they need more VOs! I am sure this processing times slower due to all the new islands they took that usually went to Haiti and now their database is being updated. :mad: :mad: :mad:

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Gawddd, ur telling me man.

Before, i think it was 6-14 months for the complete processing.

I should have known this before seeing that it took them 13 months from the date they received my application to schedule an interview. I am hoping to be done this process very soon. I am anticipating by year end it'll all be over and done with.

They are either short of staff which really doesn't surprise me for a Government Office or they are just slow at doing their jobs. Of course, you can't tell them that they are doing their jobs incorrectly. I guess we just have to sit our backsides down and wait pun dem fih tell us de nexx step.

Haven't even received my interview letter yet. E-CAS only has the update so far. I have been told too that they send the interview letter a month or sometimes a week or two before the interview.

Slackness beyond my imagination man :mad:

CDNGirl

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2011
I am not surprised.... :'(

GTWifey

Star Member
May 24, 2010
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 27TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
There should be more VOs in that case. Well, hopefully they have hired some as part of this 'upgrade.'

After laughing & talking for over an hour from one topic to the next (one laugh story after another) -Hubby & I spent the wee hours of the morning in tears. . .This sponsorship process is so hard & unfair! We are longing for that day when we can finally reunite for good. Hubby even wants me to stay with him in Guyana until he gets the VISA.

I wish CIC really understood how difficult this process is for all of us. Provisions need to be made in order to speed up processing times for all of its applicants. (Especially when spouses & children are being sponsored).
:( :( :(

Anyhow, lets pray for GOOD NEWS next week. Enjoy the CARIBANA/LONG WEEKEND for those of you here in Canada!!!

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
GTWifey,

If you are going to make such commitment to live with hubby in Guyana be sure that you have enough evidence to show CIC that you will be returning to Canada (lease, accounts, mortgage, insurance)

I have read a few days back (sorry, can't remember where on this forum) that a couple was rejected by CIC because the sponsor was living with their spouse in the spouse's country and CIC was very well convinced that the sponsor can move to the spouse's home country and live as opposed to bringing the spouse back to Canada.

Just be careful darling if that is an option you are considering.

HAPPY CARIBANA TO YOU TDOTians .... LOL

SOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo missing out on that right now :(