Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
nice nice .. you dont seem as if you will have a problem then ... you have known each other for quite some time now .... great evidence you have got there

Do you use Skype to make your calls?

twinsmama

May 5, 2010
SVG
Category........
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain, Trinidad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-09
Doc's Request.
22-03-10
AOR Received.
19-02-10
File Transfer...
15-01-10
Passport Req..
18-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2010
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
Thank you guys/gals for the well wishes :-*. It was a quiet and rainy day here in St Vincent was raining all week.

WOW I missed a lot :eek: JUST WANNA SHARE A LITTLE MORE WITH YOU ALL.

I received my AOR 2 weeks after POS started processing, actually its 1 week I check at the post office late ::) Feb 3rd-Feb 19th
March 22, I received a letter for more proof and docs.......docs sent April 9th by snail mail.....as you said confuse it take a fortune to send via express.
May.....................nothing
June 30thARC fee and written submission.
July 13thARC fee and written submission sent via express mail service.

So far I've heard from POS every other month so I look forward to hear more news by September.
I was a bit surprised but happy to get the ARC request so soon within 4 months :eek:
It show that it depends on the IO who is reviewing your file,every case is not the same but there are a lot that are similar.

I PRAY FOR EVERYONE REGARDLESS OF THEIR CASE BECAUSE WE ALL ARE HERE FOR THE SAME REASON,TO REUNITE WITH OUR SPOUSE. AMEN

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

GTWifey

Star Member
May 24, 2010
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 27TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
Confused: I'm on a great long distance plan with the phone company. The print out of the bill has the date & duration of each call (usually daily); so you can just imagine the stack of pages we submitted to CIC. . .

Twins: Great to hear that POS is working on your file. I hope to hear from them soon! What does ARC stand for?

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
I use a Skype plan where I can make calls through my computer. It's similar to using a normal phone plan except that I have to call through my puter. Very great service. Unlimited calling and yea, I totally hear ya GT on the stacks of papers of phone records. Printed a few the other day and it was a lot from Jan to June.

The hardest part now is for me to go through each sheet of paper and highlight my partner's number and duration of the calls. I loveeee the unlimited portion of it cuz we talk for hours upon hours over the phone for one flat fee. The long hours make us don't feel far away from each other at all. It's really great.

Plus, I can't wait to reunite for the second time this year in Barbados in just two weeks. Gawddd, the countdown is slowly starting. Hope that after my interview in Sept there wouldn't be a long wait to get my ARC and VISA approved.

BTW, ARC stands for Authorization to Return to Canada. It's for those individuals who have been removed from Canada under a deportation and 2 other orders they use.

CIC treats deportations for people as if it's was enforced due to criminality and when most VOs see that an individual was deported their first instinct is the individual had a criminal record in Canada which makes the case a bit more suspicious and forces the VO to run further checks on the applicant. I tell ya, I am no where close to being a criminal or have any connections. I used to work for the Provincial government for crying out loud.

Very happy for ya Twins. I do hope you get some good news very soon. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you darling. Keep the high spirit and positive vibes going.

I have been told and also read that ARC processing time for POS is 3-6 months which isn't bad compared to Mexico and other countries that take close to a year+

Peace out all :)

ENJOY THE WEEKEND!

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
Hi, I am a new bie ;) and I have been reading this forum over the last couple of days and decided to join.
I am a trini with a canadian hubby and our application was sent and received in Mississigua on June 24th. We have not had any feedback, and I came looking on line for other people's stories and found this forum.

For now, I have to say I am a bit worried, I never thought PoS was this slow based on what I have read. I was hoping that it would be all done and over with by the end of the year. Now I have to get refocused on work and just come here for some support. :)

CDNGirl

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2011
Welcome Honeybird to our family :D

How's your case like? Is it a straight forward one? (e.i; first marriage, no criminal background, no kids etc)
Seeing that your application was sent June 24th, you should get a response before August 2nd week from Canada, which than will be transfer to POS which you'd have to wait another 3months for their letter of receipt.. THAN the file REALLY starts processing.

POS is very slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Even more slow now because their updating the database. :'(

Don't worry Dear, every day past is a day closer to your spouse. ;D

All the best, in this very frustrated wait...... Trust me, if you started with NO patience, you'll endup with ALOT of patience.

:)

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Welcome aboard HoneyBird :)

I bet you will be hooked on this forum in no time. It becomes an addiction once you get a grip of it.

Don't be too stressed about POS guys. Remember that each case is very different and good can come out of them in no time.

Also, don't do like me and think about the roads ahead and calculate all those long months of waiting into days and go crazy. I have done this and I am still doing it ladies. Take it easy and things will work out in no no time.

I think so far, I have been the longest applicant in this forum for POS unless there is someone else.

Honey, it usually takes 3 months or more after POS gets your file to acknowledge that it's in process. Don't worry my friend ... you be just fine.

Hope everyone else is doing great in here and HAPPY MONDAY :)

Can't wait for next Friday when I will be jumping on two planes and heading off to Barbados to spend a week with my partner ... wooo hooooooooo :D

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
CDNGirl said:
Welcome Honeybird to our family :D

How's your case like? Is it a straight forward one? (e.i; first marriage, no criminal background, no kids etc)
Seeing that your application was sent June 24th, you should get a response before August 2nd week from Canada, which than will be transfer to POS which you'd have to wait another 3months for their letter of receipt.. THAN the file REALLY starts processing.

POS is very slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Even more slow now because their updating the database. :'(

Don't worry Dear, every day past is a day closer to your spouse. ;D

All the best, in this very frustrated wait...... Trust me, if you started with NO patience, you'll endup with ALOT of patience.

:)
my case is straightforward, first marriage, no kids, no criminal activities for both of us. Plus, and i am hoping its a plus, i am a skilled worker (masters/government job/7 years experience). But every time i spend time with him and we go back to our respective homes, all i want to do is just resign my job and run straight back up to him...so right now i am going through withdrawal!

all i do now is think of all the things i need to do for canada, i have a to do list to keep me busy and focused! And i even have my fall and winter clothes already! ;D :p

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
confusednscared said:
Welcome aboard HoneyBird :)

I bet you will be hooked on this forum in no time. It becomes an addiction once you get a grip of it.

Don't be too stressed about POS guys. Remember that each case is very different and good can come out of them in no time.

Also, don't do like me and think about the roads ahead and calculate all those long months of waiting into days and go crazy. I have done this and I am still doing it ladies. Take it easy and things will work out in no no time.

I think so far, I have been the longest applicant in this forum for POS unless there is someone else.

Honey, it usually takes 3 months or more after POS gets your file to acknowledge that it's in process. Don't worry my friend ... you be just fine.

Hope everyone else is doing great in here and HAPPY MONDAY :)

Can't wait for next Friday when I will be jumping on two planes and heading off to Barbados to spend a week with my partner ... wooo hooooooooo :D
I am just disappointed it takes so long. Don't they know how much pain and pressure being apart puts on people!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: I want to start my life so badly with him. :'( I thought it would of been quicker this way through outland...

RoyalT

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
AOR Received.
07-05-2010
Med's Done....
10-11-2009
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
11-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2010
LANDED..........
07-09-2010
Hey Everyone,
Its been a while since I've posted in here. I just wanted to give an update... My husband got a call on Friday (July 23) to come and pickup his passport. He's actually going to pick it up this morning... Finally it is all over!!! I must say I thank God that my process wasn't very long and complicated but not matter how short it was it still felt like a lifetime being apart from him.

This site has been a real great help and a source of comfort throughout this waiting process...Thanks everyone.

confused - you're one of the first people I met on this site, I know your wait has been a while and I haven't been able to read back through all the post but i hope everything is moving much faster for you now. I hope the end is in site.

Good luck to EVERYONE else that is already in the process and is now starting. I will still check back every now and then...it is always good to give back when you have received!!

****GOD BLESS!!!!****

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
RoyalT said:
Hey Everyone,
Its been a while since I've posted in here. I just wanted to give an update... My husband got a call on Friday (July 23) to come and pickup his passport. He's actually going to pick it up this morning... Finally it is all over!!! I must say I thank God that my process wasn't very long and complicated but not matter how short it was it still felt like a lifetime being apart from him.

This site has been a real great help and a source of comfort throughout this waiting process...Thanks everyone.

confused - you're one of the first people I met on this site, I know your wait has been a while and I haven't been able to read back through all the post but i hope everything is moving much faster for you now. I hope the end is in site.

Good luck to EVERYONE else that is already in the process and is now starting. I will still check back every now and then...it is always good to give back when you have received!!

****GOD BLESS!!!!****
Congrats!

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
YAY to RoyalT ... big congrats to you and I do wish you and your hubby a happy life together.

Best of luck in all your future endeavors friend :)

I am sure that we will bump into each other at some point in Toronto (if you are living there) and may exchange salutations to each other without even knowing :)

Take care :D

GTWifey

Star Member
May 24, 2010
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 27TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
Congratulations RoyalT!!! Your wait is now over. . .Praise the Lord! God is GOOD! Your story gives the rest of us still waiting so much hope. . .All the best! I told you all that POS finalizes many of its spousal sponsorships in 5-6 months. Congratulations to you both again!!! ;)

Thank you for joining the POS forum Honeybird! Welcome! You should hear from CIC in the next few days. . .no worries!

Confused. . . :D

Hello everybody else. . .Lets pray for more good news this week! ;D

CDNGirl

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2011
Congrats RoyalT.

Hello forum family ;D

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
YIPPIEEEEE ........ another day closer to reuniting with the loves of our lives :D :-*