+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

LONELYGIRL

Nov 20, 2013
Hello everyone hope everyone is ok.I am farely new to this form but i have been coming here alot especially when the stress of this whole process and being away from my husband gets to me.I really just wanna find out what are the next steps in our application and what should be expected.My husband and I have been together for 5 years married for 3 and we have a two year old daughter.I came to canada in 2008 met the love of my life that same year october.I applied for refugee which did not end well for me.my huband and I found out we were expecting and soon my hb asked me to marry him:).I couldnt have been more excited as I know that there is no one out there for me but him.ok long story short I was given a removal order so we bought my ticket and I left with my daughter on april 2012.We were married on june 29 2011.application sent sept 2013,approved as sponser oct 2013,received in trinidad nov 1 2014..We are scheduled for an interview august 2014.We were asked to bring pictures of us before the birth of my daughter but its hard because what pictureS we did have my hb lost on his previous laptop and another thing he hatessss taking pictures and i am really nervous about that???Is that going to be a problem my hb thinks not.we send in evidence for joint account,western union receipts,skype records,letters from family members,trips that he takes every six months to see his family,pictures of wedding ,anniversary pics,family pics.Can anyone tell us what else we can take in as they have requested additional stuff..And can anyone tell us about the intervierview and what happens after????Thank you all for all your help so far

carberwhy

May 14, 2014
So I contacted POS. They told me that they did not receive a prepaid airway bill for the return, which DHL was suppose to put int he package. Can anyone help me with how to go about gettin this to them?

ItsMePrincess

Mar 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 27. 2012
File Transfer...
October 2012
Med's Done....
March 2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 4TH 2013 :)
Passport Req..
May 14th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 20th 2014
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 2014
carberwhy said:
So I contacted POS. They told me that they did not receive a prepaid airway bill for the return, which DHL was suppose to put int he package. Can anyone help me with how to go about gettin this to them?
WOW! :eek:

That's fucking crazy. I feel you pain. God only knows why my husband hasn't received his passport back cause he has a tracking number for the return of his passport. My lawyer said he was going to contact POS, but all now I haven't heard anything from them or him. This is getting really annoying now.

bajeinwaiting

Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2011
AOR Received.
03-26-2012
File Transfer...
02-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-27-2011
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
VISA exempt not required
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2012
LANDED..........
19-07-2012
Welcome lonelygirl...it seems like you have a lot of evidence. I would'nt worry. I can't tell you what to expect at the interview because I didn't have one. Just make sure that you both know each other really well and each other's family members as well

LONELYGIRL said:
Hello everyone hope everyone is ok.I am farely new to this form but i have been coming here alot especially when the stress of this whole process and being away from my husband gets to me.I really just wanna find out what are the next steps in our application and what should be expected.My husband and I have been together for 5 years married for 3 and we have a two year old daughter.I came to canada in 2008 met the love of my life that same year october.I applied for refugee which did not end well for me.my huband and I found out we were expecting and soon my hb asked me to marry him:).I couldnt have been more excited as I know that there is no one out there for me but him.ok long story short I was given a removal order so we bought my ticket and I left with my daughter on april 2012.We were married on june 29 2011.application sent sept 2013,approved as sponser oct 2013,received in trinidad nov 1 2014..We are scheduled for an interview august 2014.We were asked to bring pictures of us before the birth of my daughter but its hard because what pictureS we did have my hb lost on his previous laptop and another thing he hatessss taking pictures and i am really nervous about that???Is that going to be a problem my hb thinks not.we send in evidence for joint account,western union receipts,skype records,letters from family members,trips that he takes every six months to see his family,pictures of wedding ,anniversary pics,family pics.Can anyone tell us what else we can take in as they have requested additional stuff..And can anyone tell us about the intervierview and what happens after????Thank you all for all your help so far

bajeinwaiting

Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2011
AOR Received.
03-26-2012
File Transfer...
02-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-27-2011
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
VISA exempt not required
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2012
LANDED..........
19-07-2012
Hi POS family.. just tracked my docs sent canada post and all im seeing is out for delivery. Im kind of worried. This was express and Canada post csnt give me anymore info. I really hope my dics are there. Does anyone know how soon I csn check ecas to know?

mizzdanish

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 17th 2013
AOR Received.
Nov. 25th
File Transfer...
Dec 9 2013
Med's Done....
July 2013
Interview........
Aug 21st 2014
Wow lonleygirl, your story sounds a lot like mine. My hubby also has his interview in POS for Aug and they also requested MORE pictures on top of the 30 I already sent in with our application.

LONELYGIRL

Nov 20, 2013
bajeinwaiting said:
Welcome lonelygirl...it seems like you have a lot of evidence. I would'nt worry. I can't tell you what to expect at the interview because I didn't have one. Just make sure that you both know each other really well and each other's family members as well
Thank you,it really helps to ease my mind a little,we did send it enough evidence well atleast we thought we did but they are asking for more which we do not have.I am really panicking about that.like come on how much evidence do you really need to show that two people love each other,it is so damn frustrating.These people have no idea how hard is is being away from your spouse,he barely got to see our daughter go through the transition of being a baby to a bright smart 2 yeard old.We also had a quick wedding at city hall with only 10 family members.we really did not have the funds to do anything bigger at the time with a baby coming up,i ended up loosing my job that i worked so hard to get,:( and not to mention how expensive it is to have a baby in canada!!They also wanted evidence to show that we stayed together but only thing is i was not on the lease>What should i do about that?was maybe thinking we could just get our landlord to write up a letter but will that be enough?I preety much know all of his family members and im not to worried about that..Will they ask about they refugee stuff..lol im sorry lots of question,im always the one who tends to overthink things my husband is the cool collected one,lol..thanks in advance everyone you guys are great for sharing your stories.it gives us all hope

LONELYGIRL

Nov 20, 2013
Hello mizzdarnish.I see that your interview is before mine maybe you can let us all know how it went after.I wish you good luck.These people are unbelievable and need to learn to have more understanding and compassion for all those families that they help break apart!!

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
LONELYGIRL said:
Thank you,it really helps to ease my mind a little,we did send it enough evidence well atleast we thought we did but they are asking for more which we do not have.I am really panicking about that.like come on how much evidence do you really need to show that two people love each other,it is so damn frustrating.These people have no idea how hard is is being away from your spouse,he barely got to see our daughter go through the transition of being a baby to a bright smart 2 yeard old.We also had a quick wedding at city hall with only 10 family members.we really did not have the funds to do anything bigger at the time with a baby coming up,i ended up loosing my job that i worked so hard to get,:( and not to mention how expensive it is to have a baby in canada!!They also wanted evidence to show that we stayed together but only thing is i was not on the lease>What should i do about that?was maybe thinking we could just get our landlord to write up a letter but will that be enough?I preety much know all of his family members and im not to worried about that..Will they ask about they refugee stuff..lol im sorry lots of question,im always the one who tends to overthink things my husband is the cool collected one,lol..thanks in advance everyone you guys are great for sharing your stories.it gives us all hope
Hi everyone!

Been a while since I stopped by here. A little advise to those that have interviews is to request your case file notes as this can assist to identify concerns of the officer. For example in our notes it said things like couple appear to be natural and photos don't appear to be staged. The VO is looking at so many more thing then just the number if photos IE. Did you each smile, family members in pictures, places, clothes you wore as this can show pics were taken different times, etc. it is the quality of what the picture tells the VO versus the amount of photos you send. We sent likely 150 pictures (had more) but the pictures were very well detailed with our captions too IE. Who was in picture, date, where we were. We were not asked for an interview.

As for the notes the sponsor has to order them and requires a signature of the applicant. The notes are 5$ and can pay by credit card. The notes take 30 days to arrive by email, so it may not be enough time to order them. You can more info on the main page about notes.

Good luck with the interview! As someone else said just know each other well but if you don't have what they've asked for or if you don't know, don't make it up. Although this process is frustrating it will end soon.

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
LONELYGIRL said:
I would suggest being prepared for any and all questions. You can review interview questions on the main forum page. Remember the VO will try to throw you off or catch you up by asking the same question many time, but in different ways (that's why I suggest being very honest). If you are able to get a signed letter from the place where you lived, I would say good idea. You are in a place where they are giving you te opportunity to tell them about your relationship/ marriage. It's your opportunity to explain away any red flags.

I am sure they will question your refugee status and I (personal opinion) think that your file will be more heavily scrutinized because you applied and were a failed refugee. In the VO eyes they likely assume that you would do anything to remain in Canada (this is likely not true but it's how they view it). So in your case they require a lot more proof of the relationship being genuine and not that you met and married to return to Canada. Hope what I'm saying is clear and I think this is how VO's view things.

My husband too overstayed his time in Canada but we tried our best to put every question/ red flag to rest in our application that a VO might have about our relationship being real. The VO only knows what you tell them so be as detailed as you can in your interview, but take the time to be thoughtful in your answers too!

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
@Behopeful! Sooooo good to "see" you! We're still waiting away for the ARC to get processed. It's been with them for over a month now so trying to practice patience! How is your fam??

Pmarshall1

Jun 13, 2014
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
10-06-2014 Missisuaga 24-06-2014 POS
File Transfer...
12-06-2014
Med's Done....
26-02-2014
Interview........
In process July 9th
Passport Req..
July 15th
Hey guys just an update after like 3 months and a hlf my husband has been requested his passport!! God knows I couldn't be happier !!

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
PMarshall! Congratulations!!!!!!!! Another fast one!

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
I cant remember... how long do you have from the date your medical and police certificates are issued to get them to POS?

3 months? I used to know all of this...