Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
sadandfrustrated said:
I am from St.Lucia and went through POS did all that was required send it through courier have the return tracking number send it out on jan 14 and have not received it yet.
Hmmmm....ok that seems to be about 6 weeks then which is not outside the realm of normal for POS. If I recall correctly we had 2 members on this thread from St. Lucia and their passport returns were the longest wait times vs. some of the other folks in Trinidad, Dominica, Guyana, Grenada etc.......not sure why. You can always send an e-mail to the POS office, I believe they only work a half day on Fridays though FYI.

Include your file/app. number, name, date of birth, and maybe even the PPR if you have scanner or are good enough on the computer to do a screen shot (or copy and paste) into the e-mail. Send it to the inquiry e-mail address they list for the POS office and at least you will have started a paper trail if you need it. Sometimes they respond quickly to e-mails, I only e-mailed them once and got a reply within a day so you may get lucky or at least hear something by next week. Sometimes we need to "prompt" them, nicely of course to follow up.

Did you check the tracking number to know that it actually arrived in POS? I am assuming you have no update from the courier only on the return part of the journey? Is that correct? Did you use DHL? I would not be too worried at this point if you provided everything they asked for. If you were past the 8 week mark I might get concerned but I think you will see something next week or the following. How long was your overall timeline?

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
oneandonly said:
Hello FAD, Behopeful and C&T how are the landed hubby's wife's doing?
Hey girl, doing good, how are you and your hubs? My guy is pretty tired these days, he works at a very physical job and he still loves his "early to bed, early to rise" ways so we are on opposite "circadian rhythms"!! And just starting to feel like OK winter, enough now, we need a break. I am sure hubby thinks I am making up the "really it is just as hot here in July as the Caribbean" stuff :p. Just waiting to get his OHIP card (should come next week - posted a few more details on that on the JA thread for Jamnic) and that is the last piece of the paperwork puzzle!

Is your man still working 2 jobs? He must be pretty tired too ::). Blessings my dear.

Mar 6, 2014
CdnandTrini said:
Hmmmm....ok that seems to be about 6 weeks then which is not outside the realm of normal for POS. If I recall correctly we had 2 members on this thread from St. Lucia and their passport returns were the longest wait times vs. some of the other folks in Trinidad, Dominica, Guyana, Grenada etc.......not sure why. You can always send an e-mail to the POS office, I believe they only work a half day on Fridays though FYI.

Include your file/app. number, name, date of birth, and maybe even the PPR if you have scanner or are good enough on the computer to do a screen shot (or copy and paste) into the e-mail. Send it to the inquiry e-mail address they list for the POS office and at least you will have started a paper trail if you need it. Sometimes they respond quickly to e-mails, I only e-mailed them once and got a reply within a day so you may get lucky or at least hear something by next week. Sometimes we need to "prompt" them, nicely of course to follow up.

Did you check the tracking number to know that it actually arrived in POS? I am assuming you have no update from the courier only on the return part of the journey? Is that correct? Did you use DHL? I would not be too worried at this point if you provided everything they asked for. If you were past the 8 week mark I might get concerned but I think you will see something next week or the following. How long was your overall timeline?
I started the process Nov 2012 the file was then transferred to POS office in Jan 2013 6mths later the requested more info about our relationship like corresponding spousal support and so on... interview was nov 2013 and passport was requested Jan 10 2014.... send it through DHL and tracking it was received the next day and sign by someone there.... i have been tracking the return part but nothing yet... i actually send them a email yesterday but i haven't received any response from them... getting a bit worried next week will be 8 weeks since i send it out...

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sadandfrustrated said:
I started the process Nov 2012 the file was then transferred to POS office in Jan 2013 6mths later the requested more info about our relationship like corresponding spousal support and so on... interview was nov 2013 and passport was requested Jan 10 2014.... send it through DHL and tracking it was received the next day and sign by someone there.... i have been tracking the return part but nothing yet... i actually send them a email yesterday but i haven't received any response from them... getting a bit worried next week will be 8 weeks since i send it out...
Hi again s&f well the good news is that it arrived in POS, right? :D. Have the Canadian sponsor call the MP's office in the areas where he/she is living and they will get right on it. I still feel like you will hear something next week, either a reply to your e-mail or the delivery of the PP with the nice shiny new visa!! But for your own peace of mind, the MP's office can call/e-mail the High Commission directly and at least ensure it has not gone missing. Keep us posted. Blessings.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
CdnandTrini said:
Hey girl, doing good, how are you and your hubs? My guy is pretty tired these days, he works at a very physical job and he still loves his "early to bed, early to rise" ways so we are on opposite "circadian rhythms"!! And just starting to feel like OK winter, enough now, we need a break. I am sure hubby thinks I am making up the "really it is just as hot here in July as the Caribbean" stuff :p. Just waiting to get his OHIP card (should come next week - posted a few more details on that on the JA thread for Jamnic) and that is the last piece of the paperwork puzzle!

Is your man still working 2 jobs? He must be pretty tired too ::). Blessings my dear.
Wonderful news C&T wish hubby luck with maybe a new job. Thanks darling were doing well so busy with us working. Hubby is working 2 jobs this will last a bit longer as we have to work hard to get where we want to be in life. His sin card arrived a few days ago can't believe he's been here 3 weeks today. He's getting tired for sure next week he has his g2 road test woo hoo.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Hi.. I am new to this forum....... hahahaha. well! I could be based on how long I have been away!!

Got my Canadian job in July so we are ready for round 2 with POS. *DING DING*

Things have been crazy with exams (passed!) and getting everything organized to graduate in a couple months. I am here in Dominica with hubby planning some nuptuals.

I prrrooommmiiisssseeee to respond to the messages in my inbox soon.

Mwah!!!!

Ps: who wants to give me a summary of what I have missed? Lol

LouisFam

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
02-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-01-2013
Med's Done....
1-10-2012, Meds extended
Interview........
Waived - ECAS In Process 23-09-2013
Passport Req..
17-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2014
LANDED..........
02-02-2014 landed on my birthday.God is good!
sadandfrustrated said:
I am from St.Lucia and went through POS did all that was required send it through courier have the return tracking number send it out on jan 14 and have not received it yet.
I'm not gonna read past post from you but if you sent in your pp to POS since Jan I think something is up. Just make sure you did your RCMP clearance. There might be a snail mail coming to you. Check your mail box in Lucia. Hope that's not the case tho.. All the best..

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
MissDominica said:
Hi.. I am new to this forum....... hahahaha. well! I could be based on how long I have been away!!

Got my Canadian job in July so we are ready for round 2 with POS. *DING DING*

Things have been crazy with exams (passed!) and getting everything organized to graduate in a couple months. I am here in Dominica with hubby planning some nuptuals.

I prrrooommmiiisssseeee to respond to the messages in my inbox soon.

Mwah!!!!

Ps: who wants to give me a summary of what I have missed? Lol
MISS DDDDD!!!!!! :D CONGRATULATIONS on passing, that is fantastic news ;D!! You get a +1 for that and coming back to share your good news. Your hubby, Momma, family and friends must all be so proud of you, as we are. When can we call you Dr. Miss D???? Graduation and a wedding? *DING DING* is right :p POS watch out, she's baaaaaaaack. I was hoping if I waited long enough you would return and take over the spreadsheet again :-* I think that is only fair seeing as you will have a vested interest in it soon enough (again).....lol......BLESSINGS.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
oneandonly said:
Wonderful news C&T wish hubby luck with maybe a new job. Thanks darling were doing well so busy with us working. Hubby is working 2 jobs this will last a bit longer as we have to work hard to get where we want to be in life. His sin card arrived a few days ago can't believe he's been here 3 weeks today. He's getting tired for sure next week he has his g2 road test woo hoo.
Hi O&O yes time flies when we're having fun ;)!! Next week my hubby will have been here for 3 months....hard to believe. Sending positive prayers for your man to pass his road test. Blessings.

blessedone1

Sep 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
pos
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september 2013
UPDATE: got an interview on April 28th

Looks like it difficult to convince POS that your relationship is genuine because we've been together for 7yrs married for one and we have a 4yr old with no previous kids. i wonder why they called the interview? Looks like I have to order my notes

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
OK - I really need to stop letting work get in the way and keep up here! :) so here goes... reaching back to Page 515 to catch up with everyone:

1. Update re Mr & Mrs Can-Vinc... NO UPDATE .....(still) two months after interview this week.
2. O&O back on pg 515 :) Yes! we are in GTA and yes this winter has been brutal... thanks again for the support
3. Ms Ruby - congratulations on getting your application in. That application will take the route it was intended to take... so hard to give it all up to the greater powers but that is what we have to do. it is a blessing to have it i submitted but a whole new agony awaits while you wait for news... that is why were are here!
4. Behopeful - so good to see you on here again...and i think you asked if we came to a decision regarding sending an inquiry... no we haven't but we're leaning closer to it each and every day we don't hear something!
5. Chickie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATU-FREAKING-LATIONS! You deserve all of this happiness and more.
6. Sad & Frustrated - so sorry you've been waiting on your passport for so long... it isn't easy thinking you're near the end only to be waitinggggggggggggg.
7. LouisFam - good to see you on here!
8. BlessedOne - congrats on the interview date! It isn't easy but for sure order your notes... We found them very helpful!
9. C&T - thank you again (for the millionth time for everything that you do on here)
10. MissD!!!!!! I've sent you a PM updating you on our situation and welcoming you back but it needs to be stated out here how nice it is to see you back on here (although we wish it were just checking in and not b/c you still have to battle POS... DING DING ;))

I've done a review but I'm SO sorry if I missed anyone... work has been crazy and I haven't had a chance to sneak away to respond on this although I do check in often... but I've learned my lesson... much easier to keep in touch on an ongoing basis then catch up after a week of news and posts! Talk to you all soon -- hopefully providing good news and congratulating it!

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Can-Vinc said:
OK - I really need to stop letting work get in the way and keep up here! :) so here goes... reaching back to Page 515 to catch up with everyone:

1. Update re Mr & Mrs Can-Vinc... NO UPDATE .....(still) two months after interview this week.
2. O&O back on pg 515 :) Yes! we are in GTA and yes this winter has been brutal... thanks again for the support
3. Ms Ruby - congratulations on getting your application in. That application will take the route it was intended to take... so hard to give it all up to the greater powers but that is what we have to do. it is a blessing to have it i submitted but a whole new agony awaits while you wait for news... that is why were are here!
4. Behopeful - so good to see you on here again...and i think you asked if we came to a decision regarding sending an inquiry... no we haven't but we're leaning closer to it each and every day we don't hear something!
5. Chickie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATU-FREAKING-LATIONS! You deserve all of this happiness and more.
6. Sad & Frustrated - so sorry you've been waiting on your passport for so long... it isn't easy thinking you're near the end only to be waitinggggggggggggg.
8. BlessedOne - congrats on the interview date! It isn't easy but for sure order your notes... We found them very helpful!
9. C&T - thank you again (for the millionth time for everything that you do on here)
10. MissD!!!!!! I've sent you a PM updating you on our situation and welcoming you back but it needs to be stated out here how nice it is to see you back on here (although we wish it were just checking in and not b/c you still have to battle POS... DING DING ;))

I've done a review but I'm SO sorry if I missed anyone... work has been crazy and I haven't had a chance to sneak away to respond on this although I do check in often... but I've learned my lesson... much easier to keep in touch on an ongoing basis then catch up after a week of news and posts! Talk to you all soon -- hopefully providing good news and congratulating it!
Thank you hon! I hear ya on the crazy at work thing...i am just heading home now from work and got here 12 hours ago grrrrrr Blessings

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
blessedone1 said:
UPDATE: got an interview on April 28th

Looks like it difficult to convince POS that your relationship is genuine because we've been together for 7yrs married for one and we have a 4yr old with no previous kids. i wonder why they called the interview? Looks like I have to order my notes
Awww.....so sorry to hear this blessedone1.....it is another step in the process none of us likes to hear :mad:. But on the bright side, it seems that POS is a bit random with interviews. What I mean is that their interview requests do not always make sense from what I have seen on this thread for over a year now. So they might pick one from St. Lucia, one from Dominica, one from St. Vincent, one from Trinidad etc. just so their statistics appear a certain way.

I have not yet seen a married couple with a child in common get refused. Interviewed yes. One of our other members from Trinidad (Dadzin) had 2 kids with his wife and they were interviewed!! They were also approved and found out at the interview. So stay hopeful and positive, at least you know and have time to order the notes and prepare. If you go into the main thread and search "interview", you will find lots of info. You can also search specific member's posts or send them PMs. If you look at our spreadsheet (bottom of my signature line) you can see who was interviewed from POS, the date of the interview and you can "date search" their posts to see the feedback they provided after their interviews.

Our most recent interview in POS was Can-Vinc and as she just posted (her hubby is the applicant, she is the sponsor FYI) their interview was 2 months ago and they are still waiting to hear back. If I recall correctly, normally it does not take that long but we never know with any of the VOs as they are not always consistent. We are here to support you. Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Can-Vinc said:

:D Good job girl!! You should see what my poor brain has to go through to update the spreadsheet if I do not keep up :p. Ughhhh....so frustrating that you have not heard from POS yet but, in that case it is good that your work is busy to keep you distracted. You are waaaaaay more patient than I would be - POS - get a move on!!!! Keep us posted Can-Vinc we are cheering you on and sending positive thoughts and prayers your way and hubby's. Blessings too of course ;).