Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
fromadistance said:
I share that sentiment. Everybody is telling us its time for baby number 2! It is super annoying
:D families, the love that drives us crazy!! Glad to see all is well my dear, blessings.

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
fromadistance said:
I share that sentiment. Everybody is telling us its time for baby number 2! It is super annoying
Yes it gets tiring that everyone is always asking. I swear they keep an eye on what I'm drinking too. If I have a glass of wine they are quick to say not pregnant and if I simply don't want wine and pass that must mean we are having a baby!

Likely baby #2 won't be for a while! Just enjoying our little one now, and plus daycare fees are WAY too expensive to have 2 in daycare! :eek:

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ submitted 28-Apr-2014 & CSQ approved 12-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Spousal Approval
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26- June-2014, came in mail 01-July-2014!! :)
CdnandTrini said:
Hi MsRuby, what are the average processing times in the LA office? The good news is that CIC-M usually processes at stage one very quickly so hopefully you will know what office your file will go to fairly soon. It sounds like your lawyer is on top of things and that is always important as well. I forgot you also needed CSQ.....start practicing your French :p!! Blessings.
The average processing time for LA office is 26 months.
How would we be informed of stage one? What happens next? If my husband is approve to sponsor, when will we get file numbers and such to check E-cas? I'm not jumping the gun but I like to be informed and well in advance so I don't go into panic mood.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Behopeful said:
Yes it gets tiring that everyone is always asking. I swear they keep an eye on what I'm drinking too. If I have a glass of wine they are quick to say not pregnant and if I simply don't want wine and pass that must mean we are having a baby!

Likely baby #2 won't be for a while! Just enjoying our little one now, and plus daycare fees are WAY to expensive to have 2 in daycare! :eek:
lol :p.....thinking of all the celebrities who go through this too!!!

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
MsRuby said:
How would we be informed of stage one? What happens next? If my husband is approve to sponsor, when will we get file numbers and such to check E-cas? I'm not jumping the gun but I like to be informed and well in advance so I don't go into panic mood.
MsRuby... Someone may correct me if I am wrong but this is what I recall from the situation.

Basically 3 to 4 days prior to stage 1 approval you will (well the sponsor) will receive an email from CIC Mississauga stating your file has been received. This is a stage 1 AOR. This will include a file number for the whole application and the sponsor will receive a client ID which enables the sponsor to log in to check the status. Don't be concerned if the sponsor isn't able to log in right away. I wasn't able to log in until after we were approved for stage 1. A few days later or up to a week most people receive stage 1 approval. The letter will state your file is being transferred for stage 2 processing but I don't recall it stating which office but maybe it did and I just don't remember. These letters all came via email.

At that point the file is transferred and you should receive an AOR from the office where the file was sent. POS does not routinely send these though. The AOR will contain a unique client ID for the applicant and that is how you start checking ECAS... Well let's be real, you will start obsessing over ECAS!! ;D
I would suggest contacting CIC Mississauga to confirm where you application was sent if you don't receive an AOR at 2-3 months after stage 1 approval. You may want to contact Mississauga sooner though. I ended up contacting POS at the 5 month mark to confirm application was received. I wasn't overly worried about this though because my husband had a previous unique client ID because of his work permit so we were able to log in because your unique client ID number doesn't change. When approved as a PR your unique client ID ends up on your PR card.

Hope this was slightly helpful! Have a good night. Hoping for speedy approval for you.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
MsRuby said:
Yikes that is worse than the Caribbean offices!! :eek: Typically what happens is that all spousal apps. first go to CIC in Mississauga, hence the CIC-M (near Toronto and my hometown btw). CIC posts the average sponsor approval processing times on the website too (aka Stage One) and last time I checked it was about 30 days. Then the sponsor (your hubs) gets an e-mail with his (UCI) "Unique Client Identifier" number (if you folks checked off to communicate by e-mail, snail mail if you didn't) saying he has been "approved to sponsor, the applicant file will now be going to "X" office for further processing". Stage Two processing is when the applicant part of the file arrives at the VO abroad. When the VO abroad gets your part of the file they are supposed to send an Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR). Some visa offices do, some don't and if you have waited more than 90 days for an AOR (i.e. 90 days after sponsor approval (SA) you can e-mail the visa office directly. This happened to me and I got a reply within 24 hours saying that POS had my file but the actual AOR did not arrive until after I inquired. Some folks (i.e. Kingston) never get them but it is a part of their so called "service standard".

When the applicant (you) part of the file arrives at the VO then the applicant usually gets a different UCI and file/application number. Both will work on ecas but once hubby is approved for sponsor no more ecas info. gets updated for him. At that point it will only be your side of ecas to be updated. What I mean is either one of you can log in and check it as long as you share with each other your UCI numbers (and if couples don't do that they should not get married :p!) but on his side he needs to put in his date of birth and country and on your side you need to put in yours along with the corresponding UCI. Honestly my hubs never bothered with it, I was more how shall we say ummm....OBSESSED!! Yes that is the right word :D.

Ecas is extremely limited and misleading as there are usually only about 4- 6 times during the entire process where it will actually change (and if your process is anywhere near 26 months it will be of little use). If I recall correctly they are - application received, sponsor approved, meds received, (mine showed both app and meds received once I was able to log in) not sure about interviews......in process, decision made and completed. The PPR request comes via e-mail. Also you only know your interview is waived if the file goes to "in process". They only notify people who have to come for interviews, there is no notification if you do not have an interview. I believe the only other spot where you would know if an interview is waived is the GCMS notes. Don't quote me on this (I think the ladies on the JA thread know for sure) but if the interview is waived and you are ordering your case notes every month or so it might say "eligibility passed".

Now in your case, because they have to determine which office to send it to, I do not know the impact of that or the CSQ on your timeline. So......your lawyer should also be advising you as to the steps in the process, timelines etc. The wait times now at POS are shorter so maybe CIC will route your app. there simply because of the volume that goes through the LA office?? These are things I wish I could help you with more, maybe another member will chime in. Also you can post some of your specific questions in the main thread or even via the LA office thread (if there is one) and you may get more info. that way. You can also start a new topic with the heading "Seniors Pls. Help" and some of the more experienced forum members will usually look at those. Last but not least there are a few seniors, you could PM, I am thinking of PMM, Leon, Sweden, Rob_TO (think that's his "handle"). Hope some of this helps a bit my dear. Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Behopeful said:
MsRuby... Someone may correct me if I am wrong but this is what I recall from the situation.

Basically 3 to 4 days prior to stage 1 approval you will (well the sponsor) will receive an email from CIC Mississauga stating your file has been received. This is a stage 1 AOR. This will include a file number for the whole application and the sponsor will receive a client ID which enables the sponsor to log in to check the status. Don't be concerned if the sponsor isn't able to log in right away. I wasn't able to log in until after we were approved for stage 1. A few days later or up to a week most people receive stage 1 approval. The letter will state your file is being transferred for stage 2 processing but I don't recall it stating which office but maybe it did and I just don't remember. These letters all came via email.

At that point the file is transferred and you should receive an AOR from the office where the file was sent. POS does not routinely send these though. The AOR will contain a unique client ID for the applicant and that is how you start checking ECAS... Well let's be real, you will start obsessing over ECAS!! ;D
I would suggest contacting CIC Mississauga to confirm where you application was sent if you don't receive an AOR at 2-3 months after stage 1 approval. You may want to contact Mississauga sooner though. I ended up contacting POS at the 5 month mark to confirm application was received. I wasn't overly worried about this though because my husband had a previous unique client ID because of his work permit so we were able to log in because your unique client ID number doesn't change. When approved as a PR your unique client ID ends up on your PR card.

Hope this was slightly helpful! Have a good night. Hoping for speedy approval for you.
All correct Behopeful!! Great minds obsess alike it seems ;). Blessings.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Behopeful said:
Hi MsRuby... Congrats on sending everything. The wait begins! Keep us updated on your file even if it goes to the LA office. Interesting that the lawyer picked the LA office. My thought or understanding was that you had to have legal status in the country or be a citizen in order to file via that country. I think CIC Mississauga will determine where exactly it gets sent from Mississauga. Great news that it is finally out of your hands! Any plans to see hubby soon?

Hi everyone else! Hope everyone is doing well. Always thinking of you can-Vinc and hoping news comes soon. Did you and hubby decide if you would email POS to follow up from interview? Any reply?

BIG SHOUT out to our girl Chickie from the JA forum. Finally got PPR today. Hubby and kids will be home soon. Chickie you are an amazing person! Thanks for all of your support and congrats!
thank you so much darling! You have all helped keep me sane thru this struggle. No good deed remains unseen! Thank u to everyone!

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Behopeful said:

Thank you Behopeful!

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
CdnandTrini said:
Yikes that is worse than the Caribbean offices!! :eek: Typically what happens is that all spousal apps. first go to CIC in Mississauga, hence the CIC-M (near Toronto and my hometown btw). CIC posts the average sponsor approval processing times on the website too (aka Stage One) and last time I checked it was about 30 days. Then the sponsor (your hubs) gets an e-mail with his (UCI) "Unique Client Identifier" number (if you folks checked off to communicate by e-mail, snail mail if you didn't) saying he has been "approved to sponsor, the applicant file will now be going to "X" office for further processing". Stage Two processing is when the applicant part of the file arrives at the VO abroad. When the VO abroad gets your part of the file they are supposed to send an Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR). Some visa offices do, some don't and if you have waited more than 90 days for an AOR (i.e. 90 days after sponsor approval (SA) you can e-mail the visa office directly. This happened to me and I got a reply within 24 hours saying that POS had my file but the actual AOR did not arrive until after I inquired. Some folks (i.e. Kingston) never get them but it is a part of their so called "service standard".

When the applicant (you) part of the file arrives at the VO then the applicant usually gets a different UCI and file/application number. Both will work on ecas but once hubby is approved for sponsor no more ecas info. gets updated for him. At that point it will only be your side of ecas to be updated. What I mean is either one of you can log in and check it as long as you share with each other your UCI numbers (and if couples don't do that they should not get married :p!) but on his side he needs to put in his date of birth and country and on your side you need to put in yours along with the corresponding UCI. Honestly my hubs never bothered with it, I was more how shall we say ummm....OBSESSED!! Yes that is the right word :D.

Ecas is extremely limited and misleading as there are usually only about 4- 6 times during the entire process where it will actually change (and if your process is anywhere near 26 months it will be of little use). If I recall correctly they are - application received, sponsor approved, meds received, (mine showed both app and meds received once I was able to log in) not sure about interviews......in process, decision made and completed. The PPR request comes via e-mail. Also you only know your interview is waived if the file goes to "in process". They only notify people who have to come for interviews, there is no notification if you do not have an interview. I believe the only other spot where you would know if an interview is waived is the GCMS notes. Don't quote me on this (I think the ladies on the JA thread know for sure) but if the interview is waived and you are ordering your case notes every month or so it might say "eligibility passed".

Now in your case, because they have to determine which office to send it to, I do not know the impact of that or the CSQ on your timeline. So......your lawyer should also be advising you as to the steps in the process, timelines etc. The wait times now at POS are shorter so maybe CIC will route your app. there simply because of the volume that goes through the LA office?? These are things I wish I could help you with more, maybe another member will chime in. Also you can post some of your specific questions in the main thread or even via the LA office thread (if there is one) and you may get more info. that way. You can also start a new topic with the heading "Seniors Pls. Help" and some of the more experienced forum members will usually look at those. Last but not least there are a few seniors, you could PM, I am thinking of PMM, Leon, Sweden, Rob_TO (think that's his "handle"). Hope some of this helps a bit my dear. Blessings.
Thank you C&T! I started a March US Outland thread but I guess it's still early in March for people to join. You guys are very informative! I don't see the need at this point to ask for help unless more complicated issues spring out from the clouds that you guys are not knowledgable abt, which I highly doubt! : )

Mar 6, 2014
Hi everyone!
I'm new to this forum and i was wondering how long it takes to get your passport back after it has been requested?
its almost 2 months and i have not receive mine:(

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
MsRuby said:
Thank you C&T! I started a March US Outland thread but I guess it's still early in March for people to join. You guys are very informative! I don't see the need at this point to ask for help unless more complicated issues spring out from the clouds that you guys are not knowledgable abt, which I highly doubt! : )
You are most welcome my dear and hopefully people will join your outland thread/party soon :D. We're here for you. Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sadandfrustrated said:
Hi everyone!
I'm new to this forum and i was wondering how long it takes to get your passport back after it has been requested?
its almost 2 months and i have not receive mine:(
Hi s&f.....good name :D but soon you will be finished and you will be "relievedandglad"!! :p Did you apply through the POS office with a spousal sponsorship? If so, what country is the applicant from? Generally speaking it does not take POS this long to return the passport (they usually turn them around in 4-6 weeks) but without a few more details from you (i.e. are there kids involved, do you need any additional documents etc.) we may not be able to give an informed answer. If you sent it by courier with a pre-paid return envelop you should have a tracking number. Was all of this done? Also it has been Carnival season in Trinidad and the fiscal year end for the visa offices so they may be a bit behind. If you have any more details or other questions let us know. Blessings.

Mar 6, 2014
I am from St.Lucia and went through POS did all that was required send it through courier have the return tracking number send it out on jan 14 and have not received it yet.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Relica said:
Hey guys, I picked up my package from POS yesterday and the first thing I checked was my passport, which now contains a new shiny visa :D.
They also included confirmation of permanent residence(COPR) and some information about the visa.
POS was also kind enough to return my school papers.
Now all I require is my plane ticket and ill be on my way!
Congrats