AOR Received.
7 sept 2013 POS confirme with a email they received the file
File Transfer...
8-03-2013 mississauga sent all docs completed to POS comfirme with a letter
Med's Done....
28-02-2013
Can-Vinc said:
Hello éloveutsavoir,

Do you have any sort of concrete proof showing what would prevent you from travelling there to marry your partner? I'm very sorry that you've received this information from them. Unfortunately I think that the counsel you received prior to applying was not accurate and is the main reason that you're in this position.

I'm really not sure what your next step would be in terms of providing more information/documentation to them if you do not have a concrete reason preventing you from marrying your partner.

Another option would be to plan a wedding but I really don't know if you would have to reapply or if you could get married in the next two months and provide them with the proof (marriage certification, photos, etc.) they require.

I'm sorry I am not very helpful as I have not heard or researched the conjugal partner approach.
BUT I JUST THINK IF I PLAN A WEDDING THEY WIL SAY OH NOW THEY MARRIED FOR PAPER...SOOOOO

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
éloveutsavoir said:
BUT I JUST THINK IF I PLAN A WEDDING THEY WIL SAY OH NOW THEY MARRIED FOR PAPER...SOOOOO
Sorry to hear this. I think you are right - marrying now won't help you. Because you applied as a conjugal partner, they will process your application as such. Marrying and being processed as married would likely make them reject your application and tell you to reapply.

To be completely honest (and I'm sorry this sounds terrible right now), but you will not be approved under conjugal class. You will have to reapply. Paying an immigration lawyer right now to help you with this file will be wasted money, because you do not fit into the category and POS has already decided to deny you. As hard and sad as it is, you will have to either get married or go live with your boyfriend for over a year and apply as common-law. However, I applied as common-law and POS openly said they are not good at dealing with common-law and judge the applications more harshly (I've been told if I applied as married I would have gotten my visa a very long time ago.) So if I were you, married is looking like the best option.

As for conjugal, maybe this will help. A conjugal couple is a couple who CANNOT get married or live together for one year for very SPECIAL reasons no matter how much they want to. For example - if one person was from one country and the other person was from another country and the two countries absolutely did not allow each other to visit or enter countries (no visas allowed, no visits allowed, etc) - THEN it would be hard for them to marry or be common-law because they are BANNED from seeing each other. Another example is homosexual relationships in which dating or marrying someone of the opposite sex is illegal and can often be dangerous, then they would not be able to get married without going to jail/being harmed for their sexuality - that is an example of conjugal as well.
IF you can visit your boyfriend or your boyfriend is able to visit you - then you would be able to get married if you wanted and therefore you are not in need of this special category because you are choosing not to marry instead of being not allowed to marry. If you wanted to marry you could, therefore you will be denied under this category.

That is the rule. It is terrible and sad and I understand the terrible sadness you are feeling but you did not meet the criteria of this category when you applied. I am so sorry you were misinformed by whoever helped you.

As hard as it is, I suggest you write back to POS and say that you misunderstood the meaning of conjugal partner and thought you could apply. Then I would tell them that you do plan to marry and send in an application (assuming you plan to marry) and then when you apply again they will have this on record and not be suspicious of your second application.

Sorry for the hardship and good luck.

@everyone else - sorry I've been scarce... If I've missed any messages or anything I apologise. I've been doing lumbar punctures and studying all day. I just popped in for a second. Hope all of you are well xo

éloveutsavoir

Oct 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2013 with all docs completed to mississauga
Doc's Request.
CSQ for québec got it 9 may 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28-02-2013
MissDominica said:
Sorry to hear this. I think you are right - marrying now won't help you. Because you applied as a conjugal partner, they will process your application as such. Marrying and being processed as married would likely make them reject your application and tell you to reapply.

To be completely honest (and I'm sorry this sounds terrible right now), but you will not be approved under conjugal class. You will have to reapply. Paying an immigration lawyer right now to help you with this file will be wasted money, because you do not fit into the category and POS has already decided to deny you. As hard and sad as it is, you will have to either get married or go live with your boyfriend for over a year and apply as common-law. However, I applied as common-law and POS openly said they are not good at dealing with common-law and judge the applications more harshly (I've been told if I applied as married I would have gotten my visa a very long time ago.) So if I were you, married is looking like the best option.

As for conjugal, maybe this will help. A conjugal couple is a couple who CANNOT get married or live together for one year for very SPECIAL reasons no matter how much they want to. For example - if one person was from one country and the other person was from another country and the two countries absolutely did not allow each other to visit or enter countries (no visas allowed, no visits allowed, etc) - THEN it would be hard for them to marry or be common-law because they are BANNED from seeing each other. Another example is homosexual relationships in which dating or marrying someone of the opposite sex is illegal and can often be dangerous, then they would not be able to get married without going to jail/being harmed for their sexuality - that is an example of conjugal as well.
IF you can visit your boyfriend or your boyfriend is able to visit you - then you would be able to get married if you wanted and therefore you are not in need of this special category because you are choosing not to marry instead of being not allowed to marry. If you wanted to marry you could, therefore you will be denied under this category.

That is the rule. It is terrible and sad and I understand the terrible sadness you are feeling but you did not meet the criteria of this category when you applied. I am so sorry you were misinformed by whoever helped you.

As hard as it is, I suggest you write back to POS and say that you misunderstood the meaning of conjugal partner and thought you could apply. Then I would tell them that you do plan to marry and send in an application (assuming you plan to marry) and then when you apply again they will have this on record and not be suspicious of your second application.

@ everyone else - sorry I've been scarce... If I've missed any messages or anything I apologise. I've been doing lumbar punctures and studying all day. I just popped in for a second. Hope all of you are well xo
thank a lot miss dominica.. i try with my man write a letter for them to explain we just follow the indication of the woman who helps us and its the first time i do sponsorind and i was confidence about her and eventualy ask them what i must to or my man do to change the term or give me what term i must to put cauz seriouly IF I do all again mEANs for us MONEY TO SPEND =TIME WITHOUT MY MAN=FRUSTRATION=MO MORE COURAGE=TIME LOOSE JUST CAUZ I TERM...SOOOOO if i anderstood sponsoring is only for married or commun-law wtf..................................

bellaqas

Oct 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
Meds-16-08-2012,ARC-26-06-2013
File Transfer...
06-09-2012
Med's Done....
30-08-2012
Interview........
24-04-2013
hi everyone, new on here and still trying to figure out to post
MissDominica said:

@ everyone else - sorry I've been scarce... If I've missed any messages or anything I apologise. I've been doing lumbar punctures and studying all day. I just popped in for a second. Hope all of you are well xo

smokijoe

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PoS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
14-02-2012
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
01-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not needed
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2012
LANDED..........
12/06/2012
Miss Dominica is right. You cannot be accepted for conjugal if there is no legal, moral or exceptional circumstances why you can't be legally married or living together.
Conjugal is mainly for persons who's country does not allow divorce.
Your only option is now to get married and reapply or move to applicant's country and live with him for the 12 months as required by common law.
Sorry for your disappointment and lost of finance, but you were badly advised as the applicant cannot be classified as a member of the 'family class' .

bellaqas

Oct 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
06-09-2012
Med's Done....
30-08-2012
Interview........
24-04-2013
I would like to wish everyone a quick final decision so they can head onto meet their love ones. As you guys can see I am new to this forum, still trying to find my way around on here and would really appreciate some help with the way it works.

bellaqas

Oct 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
06-09-2012
Med's Done....
30-08-2012
Interview........
24-04-2013
I am being sponsored by my husband. App was sent in January 2012, interview in April 2013, ask to make ARC payment and fill form out in June and has been waiting since for a final decision, today my ecas changed to decision made and I am really nervous about the result. It said they will contact me concerning the decision. Can someone please let me know what they think. Thanks

éloveutsavoir

Oct 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28-02-2013
smokijoe said:
Miss Dominica is right. You cannot be accepted for congural if there is no legal, moral or exceptional circumstances why you can't be legally married or living together.
Congural is mainly for persons who's country does not allow divorce.
Your only option is now to get married and reapply or move to applicant's country and live with him for the 12 months as required by common law.
Sorry for your disappointment and lost of finance, but you were badly advised.
thank a lot but i am waiting lawyer call to tell me what i must to do exactly cauz i told me if its just wrong apply if i can change it i don t know.. maybe they will see i did mistake cauz all my things proov opposit cauz i did not know its not something i hide...we don t married cauz its was not a proirity for us...we did the sponsoring with love and sincerity....

éloveutsavoir

Oct 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28-02-2013
smokijoe said:
Miss Dominica is right. You cannot be accepted for congural if there is no legal, moral or exceptional circumstances why you can't be legally married or living together.
Congural is mainly for persons who's country does not allow divorce.
Sorry for your disappointment and lost of finance, but you were badly advised.
i want to add to i cant leave Montréal cauz my daughter at school, may bb in a daycare and me work and my man if he want to come must to apply to a visitor visa maximum 6 months i think not sure...so

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ submitted 28-Apr-2014 & CSQ approved 12-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Spousal Approval
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26- June-2014, came in mail 01-July-2014!! :)
éloveutsavoir said:
Got some news grrrrrrr :'(
my man recieve that last night froM POS
THIS refres to your application permanent residence trhough the family class ( conjugal partners)
Subsection 11 (1) of the immigration and refugee protection act provides that a foreign national must , before entering canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the régulations. The visa or document shall be issued if following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this ACT.
Subsection 12 (1) of the IRPA states that a foreign natinal may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their Relationship as the sponse, communlaw Partner, child,parent or other prescribeb family member of a canadian Citizen or permanent resident.
Subsection 117 (1) of the régulations states in part taht a foreign national is a memeber of the family class if with respect to a sponser, the forreugn national is
a) the sponsor's sponse, commun law Partner or conjugal Partner
b) a dépendent child of the sponsor
c) the sponsor' mother or father
d) the mother or father of the sponsor's mother or father

Acoordind to section 2 of the régulations " conjugal Partner" means, in relation to a sponsor, a foreign national residing outside canada who is in conjugal Relationship with the sponsor and has been in that Relationship for a period of at least one year.
With regards to the conjugal partners category:
this category was created for execptional circumstances. in most cases, the foreign Partner and the sponsor are not able tolive together continuously for one year or to get married because of exceptionnal circonstances that are beyond their control. in all other respects, the couple is similar to commun-law couple or married couple, i.e, they have been in a bona fide conjgal Relationship for a period of at least one year. the conjugal Partner category is mainly intented for partners where neither commun law Partner status nor marriage is possible. it is not intended to be used to avoid the usual requirement to be a sponse or commun law Partner before immigrating. conjugal partners are not substitutes for fiancé.if the foreign Partner and the sponsor intend to apply as sponses, they are expected to be married the immigration process takes place i.e, the foreign national must be married to the canadian sponsor and apply to immigrate as a married sponse ( overseas processing manual 2, section 5.45)
Based on your application an ll documents and information submitted in its support, i ma not satisfied tha you and your sponsor demontrate exceptional circumstances that are beyong your control and that prevent you from bieng commun-law partners or getting married., Thereforem i an not satisfied that you meet the definition of "conjugal pertner"
Consequensly, i ma not satisfied that you are a member of the family class as indicated in section R117(1)
yOU NOW HAVE THE OPPORTUNity to respond to this information. i WILL afford you 60 days from the date of this letter to provide any additional information or supporting documents.
anyone can HELP ME???? pls so bad message i am crying :'(
So sorry to hear this éloveutsavoir. I myself have no knowledge about this situation. I forum member had once told me to post on the main forum thread and see if anyone outside the POS forum an answer your question. Best of luck!

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ submitted 28-Apr-2014 & CSQ approved 12-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Spousal Approval
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26- June-2014, came in mail 01-July-2014!! :)
Good night guys! Happy Halloween! :p

I'm feeling bitter sweet. As soon as I signed in I was greeted with éloveutsavoir sad news. Hubby left today for a business trip and there will be lack of communication for the next week ( + 7 hrs time difference) god help me! Anyways, I picked up my police certificate of good conduct and it said NO " criminal offenses". That was great news. I knew it would say that because I know I wasn't in "police situations" before, but given my situation, I still had my fingers cross. The FBI clearance is still in process.

éloveutsavoir

Oct 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28-02-2013
MsRuby said:
So sorry to hear this éloveutsavoir. I myself have no knowledge about this situation. I forum member had once told me to post on the main forum thread and see if anyone outside the POS forum an answer your question. Best of luck!
yeah just to bad for me :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( but god is with us we will find a solution......

smokijoe

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PoS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
14-02-2012
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
01-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not needed
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2012
LANDED..........
12/06/2012
bellaqas said:
I am being sponsored by my husband. App was sent in January 2012, interview in April 2013, ask to make ARC payment and fill form out in June and has been waiting since for a final decision, today my ecas changed to decision made and I am really nervous about the result. It said they will contact me concerning the decision. Can someone please let me know what they think. Thanks
This should be good news and the end of your process. There are 2 reasons for me saying this. 1. You had your interview in April and then in June you were requested to pay for your ARC.
You should soon be on your way to see your man in Canada.
Good luck

bellaqas

Oct 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
06-09-2012
Med's Done....
30-08-2012
Interview........
24-04-2013
smokijoe said:
This should be good news and the end of your process. There are 2 reasons for me saying this. 1. You had your interview in April and then in June you were requested to pay for your ARC.
You should soon be on your way to see your man in Canada.
Good luck
We weren't ask to pay the RPRF or to send my PP, so am worried.

smokijoe

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PoS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
14-02-2012
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
01-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not needed
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2012
LANDED..........
12/06/2012
bellaqas said:
We weren't ask to pay the RPRF or to send my PP, so am worried.
I took it for granted that you had already paid your RPRF. Are you from a visa exempt country? Also has your mailing address been changed to your sponsor's address?