+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

Brownbeauty

Oct 24, 2013
Yes I have the same thing and on E - Cas last Friday it changed to decision made. Okay we will wait and see what next week will have in store for us.

fromadistance said:
On my ppr letter stated 2-4 weeks before pp return. Did urs have that? I have decided that if after 4 weeks we don't get the pp back, we will be emailing them.

Brownbeauty

Oct 24, 2013
Thanks fromadistance. We r in the same boat. Hope our prayers are answered.

Brownbeauty said:
Yes I have the same thing and on E - Cas last Friday it changed to decision made. Okay we will wait and see what next week will have in store for us.

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Oh man where is CdnandTrini to calm us all down lol

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Hey Louisfam,

I am seeing some dirt cheap tickets from St Lucia for mid November because most likely we might be going through SLU. I am prayinggg that we get our pps before then.

LouisFam

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
02-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-01-2013
Med's Done....
1-10-2012, Meds extended
Interview........
Waived - ECAS In Process 23-09-2013
Passport Req..
17-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2014
LANDED..........
02-02-2014 landed on my birthday.God is good!
fromadistance said:
Hey Louisfam,

I am seeing some dirt cheap tickets from St Lucia for mid November because most likely we might be going through SLU. I am prayinggg that we get our pps before then.
I know right. I've been seeing the nice price of $197. 3 wks for us will be nov 14th. But at the end of the day I guess as long as hubby is here by the end of November it should be fine. Weirdly enough time seems to be moving fast when my mind is not on it! But just to stamp and send PP back really POS?? By next week you, cd&t and brown beauty should have ur PPs in hand so that we could get ours the following wk! Come On POS!!

Brownbeauty

Oct 24, 2013
POS just like to make life complicated lol and leave us in suspense.

LouisFam said:
I know right. I've been seeing the nice price of $197. 3 wks for us will be nov 14th. But at the end of the day I guess as long as hubby is here by the end of November it should be fine. Weirdly enough time seems to be moving fast when my mind is not on it! But just to stamp and send PP back really POS?? By next week you, cd&t and brown beauty should have ur PPs in hand so that we could get ours the following wk! Come On POS!!

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
fromadistance said:
Oh man where is CdnandTrini to calm us all down lol
Guess what??? lol..... :p FAD.....with my man right now in Trinidad (finally!!) lying in bed laughing and checking on my forum peeps. Hubby says hello and laughed at this post as HE is the calm one between us :D. So good to finally be with him. So as far as PP returns and decision made I think 5-6 of us are in the same boat....waiting and anticipating......news.

Hubby dropped off passport on Oct. 15th 2013, DM on ecas Oct. 27th and as of today 2 weeks and one day without the call. I think we will all hear next week and the following. Blessings to all and I will keep in touch. :-*

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
The prayers were answered C&T dropped in the POS and showed her love how sweet. Glad your enjoying your time in hubbies arms married life officially begins now for the both of you. Blessings

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
oneandonly said:
The prayers were answered C&T dropped in the POS and showed her love how sweet. Glad your enjoying your time in hubbies arms married life officially begins now for the both of you. Blessings
Thanks my dear :D.

éloveutsavoir

Oct 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2013 with all docs completed to mississauga
Doc's Request.
CSQ for québec got it 9 may 2013
AOR Received.
7 sept 2013 POS confirme with a email they received the file
File Transfer...
8-03-2013 mississauga sent all docs completed to POS comfirme with a letter
Med's Done....
28-02-2013
Got some news grrrrrrr :'(
my man recieve that last night froM POS
THIS refres to your application permanent residence trhough the family class ( conjugal partners)
Subsection 11 (1) of the immigration and refugee protection act provides that a foreign national must , before entering canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the régulations. The visa or document shall be issued if following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this ACT.
Subsection 12 (1) of the IRPA states that a foreign natinal may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their Relationship as the sponse, communlaw Partner, child,parent or other prescribeb family member of a canadian Citizen or permanent resident.
Subsection 117 (1) of the régulations states in part taht a foreign national is a memeber of the family class if with respect to a sponser, the forreugn national is
a) the sponsor's sponse, commun law Partner or conjugal Partner
b) a dépendent child of the sponsor
c) the sponsor' mother or father
d) the mother or father of the sponsor's mother or father

Acoordind to section 2 of the régulations " conjugal Partner" means, in relation to a sponsor, a foreign national residing outside canada who is in conjugal Relationship with the sponsor and has been in that Relationship for a period of at least one year.
With regards to the conjugal partners category:
this category was created for execptional circumstances. in most cases, the foreign Partner and the sponsor are not able tolive together continuously for one year or to get married because of exceptionnal circonstances that are beyond their control. in all other respects, the couple is similar to commun-law couple or married couple, i.e, they have been in a bona fide conjgal Relationship for a period of at least one year. the conjugal Partner category is mainly intented for partners where neither commun law Partner status nor marriage is possible. it is not intended to be used to avoid the usual requirement to be a sponse or commun law Partner before immigrating. conjugal partners are not substitutes for fiancé.if the foreign Partner and the sponsor intend to apply as sponses, they are expected to be married the immigration process takes place i.e, the foreign national must be married to the canadian sponsor and apply to immigrate as a married sponse ( overseas processing manual 2, section 5.45)
Based on your application an ll documents and information submitted in its support, i ma not satisfied tha you and your sponsor demontrate exceptional circumstances that are beyong your control and that prevent you from bieng commun-law partners or getting married., Thereforem i an not satisfied that you meet the definition of "conjugal pertner"
Consequensly, i ma not satisfied that you are a member of the family class as indicated in section R117(1)
yOU NOW HAVE THE OPPORTUNity to respond to this information. i WILL afford you 60 days from the date of this letter to provide any additional information or supporting documents.
anyone can HELP ME???? pls so bad message i am crying :'(

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Hello éloveutsavoir,

Do you have any sort of concrete proof showing what would prevent you from travelling there to marry your partner? I'm very sorry that you've received this information from them. Unfortunately I think that the counsel you received prior to applying was not accurate and is the main reason that you're in this position.

I'm really not sure what your next step would be in terms of providing more information/documentation to them if you do not have a concrete reason preventing you from marrying your partner.

Another option would be to plan a wedding but I really don't know if you would have to reapply or if you could get married in the next two months and provide them with the proof (marriage certification, photos, etc.) they require.

I'm sorry I am not very helpful as I have not heard or researched the conjugal partner approach.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
éloveutsavoir said:
Got some news grrrrrrr :'(
my man recieve that last night froM POS
THIS refres to your application permanent residence trhough the family class ( conjugal partners)
Subsection 11 (1) of the immigration and refugee protection act provides that a foreign national must , before entering canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the régulations. The visa or document shall be issued if following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this ACT.
Subsection 12 (1) of the IRPA states that a foreign natinal may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their Relationship as the sponse, communlaw Partner, child,parent or other prescribeb family member of a canadian Citizen or permanent resident.
Subsection 117 (1) of the régulations states in part taht a foreign national is a memeber of the family class if with respect to a sponser, the forreugn national is
a) the sponsor's sponse, commun law Partner or conjugal Partner
b) a dépendent child of the sponsor
c) the sponsor' mother or father
d) the mother or father of the sponsor's mother or father

Acoordind to section 2 of the régulations " conjugal Partner" means, in relation to a sponsor, a foreign national residing outside canada who is in conjugal Relationship with the sponsor and has been in that Relationship for a period of at least one year.
With regards to the conjugal partners category:
this category was created for execptional circumstances. in most cases, the foreign Partner and the sponsor are not able tolive together continuously for one year or to get married because of exceptionnal circonstances that are beyond their control. in all other respects, the couple is similar to commun-law couple or married couple, i.e, they have been in a bona fide conjgal Relationship for a period of at least one year. the conjugal Partner category is mainly intented for partners where neither commun law Partner status nor marriage is possible. it is not intended to be used to avoid the usual requirement to be a sponse or commun law Partner before immigrating. conjugal partners are not substitutes for fiancé.if the foreign Partner and the sponsor intend to apply as sponses, they are expected to be married the immigration process takes place i.e, the foreign national must be married to the canadian sponsor and apply to immigrate as a married sponse ( overseas processing manual 2, section 5.45)
Based on your application an ll documents and information submitted in its support, i ma not satisfied tha you and your sponsor demontrate exceptional circumstances that are beyong your control and that prevent you from bieng commun-law partners or getting married., Thereforem i an not satisfied that you meet the definition of "conjugal pertner"
Consequensly, i ma not satisfied that you are a member of the family class as indicated in section R117(1)
yOU NOW HAVE THE OPPORTUNity to respond to this information. i WILL afford you 60 days from the date of this letter to provide any additional information or supporting documents.
anyone can HELP ME???? pls so bad message i am crying :'(
OUCH :mad:....so, so sorry to hear this :( and I am at a loss for the next steps. I think it might be time to find a GOOD lawyer quickly and at least evaluate your options. I suspect you will need to reapply in the spouse/common-law category.....hopefully another more experienced member will chime in soon. Sending big hugs for this bad news.

éloveutsavoir

Oct 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28-02-2013
Can-Vinc said:
Hello éloveutsavoir,

Do you have any sort of concrete proof showing what would prevent you from travelling there to marry your partner? I'm very sorry that you've received this information from them. Unfortunately I think that the counsel you received prior to applying was not accurate and is the main reason that you're in this position.

I'm really not sure what your next step would be in terms of providing more information/documentation to them if you do not have a concrete reason preventing you from marrying your partner.

Another option would be to plan a wedding but I really don't know if you would have to reapply or if you could get married in the next two months and provide them with the proof (marriage certification, photos, etc.) they require.

I'm sorry I am not very helpful as I have not heard or researched the conjugal partner approach.
OK THANKS CAN VINC... in fact its not a avocat help me to do the file but a personn realy know about that and help people do sponsoring. yes i gave them all paper to prouv the Relationship with my man cauz in all paper of immigration they give category like married commun-law conjugal partenr and in my situation i am not married cauz its this period i was just met my man i mean 2010 and commun-law its not us cauz he leave st lucia and me live montreal so the last one was commun Partner.. i mean i just took the category correspondind at my profil it snot me invented that!!!!!and about all paper we sent for the application i got so much proof we are together etc... but i did' not know to be conjugal Partner its was so special the definition not clear and even that in the letter cic sent to me they don t precise what kind of proof they want more...after almost 4 years i am with my men he came 2 times to Montréal and me 3 times in st lucia he vist my family in Martinique too....how can i married after on year Relationship with my man and how can i commun law if he don t live with me yet...yes i can travel but when i did that i was with my daughter alone and save money and i was don t work so i mean have time my man too and its more difficult for him cauz when he don t work =no money 1 dollrs ec not the same than 1 dollras can....and 2012 thye put visa for people want to visit in canada so more difficulties again every people know do a simple visitor visa so long... i even can say during the process my man can come and me its so expensive to come often than before.....what i try to say when i met my man i did not know i will aks him do the sponsoring our Relationship grow up we have a nice baby and during all that process we communicat talk about everything learn each other so we talk etc....know my family know his family etc...when i ask my man concreat with the sponsonring cauz its something serious and distance Relationship its not good...we started....yes we talk about married longtime ago etc... but just talk its in our projet in a futur... :'( but now i don t know what i will do with that cauz i don t see what proof i can add again...when i see well all my proof show we travel we are in contact often bills card phone letters photos tickes of plane certificat of birth of my son etc.... so with that i represent which category finaly??????i am not married and not commun-law THATS CRAZY

éloveutsavoir

Oct 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28-02-2013
CdnandTrini said:
OUCH :mad:....so, so sorry to hear this :( and I am at a loss for the next steps. I think it might be time to find a GOOD lawyer quickly and at least evaluate your options. I suspect you will need to reapply in the spouse/common-law category.....hopefully another more experienced member will chime in soon. Sending big hugs for this bad news.
thank a lot ....but i ask me if its just the term i use wrong.....what term i must to use??? so cauz they give to my man 60 days=2 months and i call already i lawyer to nknow more about it if i get a chance to just tell them its the term i used not good but just change it and keep my file open and change the term they want and we done loool ::)

éloveutsavoir

Oct 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28-02-2013
now i want realy know if people know some CONJUGAL PARTNER AND DO THE SPONSORING JUST PERMIT ME TO COMPARE AND GET SOME EXEMPLES..............