+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
fromadistance said:
I'm doing great thanks. Enjoying the heat for sure :) I know you might disagree lol
Nope PP isn't back yet. Still waiting patiently. Anxious to start our lives though.

How are you and hubs?
Great to hear....I am sick of the heat now I left Toronto end of July and hubby hates the heat he loves the cold. It should be returning very soon hun hang in there and enjoy the heat before your back in the cold. I hear you on anxious to start your life. My husband is good he is just getting a bit tired of this process and frustrated. His exclusion order ends in 11 days and usually what I have seen is people would hear something about their file around these times. I just hope its not a second x-mas in Jamaica.

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Hi everyone,

just checking in to say hello. We're still waiting to hear something... Since C&T has gotten ecas updates any time of day/week, i've begun obsessively checking that (1-3 times a day) :(. I really am starting to worry that time is running out for a Christmas/anniversary reunion. I know in terms of timelines, that is reasonable but in terms of our hopes, it isn't reasonable. I'm ordering our notes today (did you know you could do it online?!) and then this weekend I will be trying to put together a package to send down.

This is all slowed by the fact that I broke my elbow (Miss D... it is a non-displaced intra articular fracture of the left radial head.... does this help your studying??) the night after I got back from my trip while I was curling (talk about a Canadian sports injury). So yea... I'm a bit of a one-armed bandit right now (typing is difficult but I wanted to check in b/c I was going crazy). The injury made me depressed b/c if my hubs were here with me... he would be spoiling me and taking good care of me... but instead, I'm cooking "one-arm" meals and have a serious laundry build-up. Of course it is sending him over the edge because he hates that he can't do anything to help me with this from there. Luckily it is not a severe injury (no cast, just a sling).

I just wanted to send thoughts and prayers to everyone travelling, waiting and landed... there are peaks and valleys through all stages of the process.

Take care everyone.

éloveutsavoir

Oct 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2013 with all docs completed to mississauga
Doc's Request.
CSQ for québec got it 9 may 2013
AOR Received.
7 sept 2013 POS confirme with a email they received the file
File Transfer...
8-03-2013 mississauga sent all docs completed to POS comfirme with a letter
Med's Done....
28-02-2013
someone can tell me how is the inverview? i mean what kind of question they ask? when they call you for the interview if they precise what proff you must to bring to show them? how many time its take? if généraly they give the visa direclty or you must wiat again...my man come from saint lucia they don t call him yet cauz we don t have news yet but if he must to go do interview in Trinidad is there a hotel next to ambassy of canada he can go before the interview? or he can come early in trini pass interview and go back to lucia at night for exemple? ;)

Dadzin

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 22 2012
AOR Received.
May 23 2012
File Transfer...
May 16 2012
Med's Request
October 25 2013 re-do
Med's Done....
May 25 2012
Interview........
October 25 2013. PASSED
Passport Req..
October 25 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26 2013
LANDED..........
So we did the medicals today for my wife and daughter which was a. Whopping 2000$ttd. We should have our visas in 6 weeks. I'll attach a strongly worded letter to the VO and cc to the high commissioner. I'll also attach the receipts for this medical and show how it took them 15 months to schedule an interview and how much it cost us. Not fair at all.

ItsMePrincess

Mar 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 27. 2012
File Transfer...
October 2012
Med's Done....
March 2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 4TH 2013 :)
Passport Req..
May 14th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 20th 2014
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 2014
hey everyone,

just trying to get my husband's last minute paper work together before his interview on November 4th. I was just wondering if anyone thinks it will be a good idea if I was to write a letter on behalf of myself since I will not be going to the interview with him..

Dadzin

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 22 2012
AOR Received.
May 23 2012
File Transfer...
May 16 2012
Med's Request
October 25 2013 re-do
Med's Done....
May 25 2012
Interview........
October 25 2013. PASSED
Passport Req..
October 25 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26 2013
LANDED..........
Not a bad idea at all. I was going to do this but didn't end up doing it. My wife said the VO didn't even go through all our stuff. Mostly questions about us.

ItsMePrincess

Mar 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 27. 2012
File Transfer...
October 2012
Med's Done....
March 2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 4TH 2013 :)
Passport Req..
May 14th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 20th 2014
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 2014
Dadzin said:
Not a bad idea at all. I was going to do this but didn't end up doing it. My wife said the VO didn't even go through all our stuff. Mostly questions about us.
okay thanks. just making sure.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
samavril said:
Thank you so much oneandonly,i wish you and the JA folks all the best,CNDandTrini safe flight,carry you hubby back.:)
Thanks samavril, that is my plan!! :D Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
fromadistance said:
Oh how exciting!!!
I think POS sent out so many PPR's that now they have a backlog to PP stamping lol.
True......hubby did not get a call today either. Guess this means we will be together for that one! ;) ....hmmm the heat....I am glad you are enjoying it! Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Can-Vinc said:
Hi everyone,

just checking in to say hello. We're still waiting to hear something... Since C&T has gotten ecas updates any time of day/week, i've begun obsessively checking that (1-3 times a day) :(. I really am starting to worry that time is running out for a Christmas/anniversary reunion. I know in terms of timelines, that is reasonable but in terms of our hopes, it isn't reasonable. I'm ordering our notes today (did you know you could do it online?!) and then this weekend I will be trying to put together a package to send down.

This is all slowed by the fact that I broke my elbow (Miss D... it is a non-displaced intra articular fracture of the left radial head.... does this help your studying??) the night after I got back from my trip while I was curling (talk about a Canadian sports injury). So yea... I'm a bit of a one-armed bandit right now (typing is difficult but I wanted to check in b/c I was going crazy). The injury made me depressed b/c if my hubs were here with me... he would be spoiling me and taking good care of me... but instead, I'm cooking "one-arm" meals and have a serious laundry build-up. Of course it is sending him over the edge because he hates that he can't do anything to help me with this from there. Luckily it is not a severe injury (no cast, just a sling).

I just wanted to send thoughts and prayers to everyone travelling, waiting and landed... there are peaks and valleys through all stages of the process.

Take care everyone.
Poor Can-Vinc, a sore elbow :'( and I have contributed to your ecas obsession :(.......I have been thinking about you though as you submitted your file a month before me so I am watching for your next post to say "in process" :D.

Nice to have such a caring hubby. I think that is one of the top 10 things (out of maybe a hundred) that is so frustrating about this process. When we really need our spouses or they need us and we cannot get to each other, this is definitely the valley category. Hoping and praying with you for lots of Christmas/Anniversary reunions. Don't go crazy alone, that's what we are all here for :p. Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
éloveutsavoir said:
someone can tell me how is the inverview? i mean what kind of question they ask? when they call you for the interview if they precise what proff you must to bring to show them? how many time its take? if généraly they give the visa direclty or you must wiat again...my man come from saint lucia they don t call him yet cauz we don t have news yet but if he must to go do interview in Trinidad is there a hotel next to ambassy of canada he can go before the interview? or he can come early in trini pass interview and go back to lucia at night for exemple? ;)
Bonjour éloveutsavoir and here is a link below to a variety of interview questions. If you do get an interview they will send you a letter indicating if they want to see more proof and they will usually specify what they want. The interview can last anywhere from 30 - 90 minutes (according to what I have read). If you search back on this thread you will see some of our own members recent interview experiences (Miss Dominica, Dadzin and even millslu back in May I believe). You can also search this topic in the main thread and get some other perspectives.

There is a guest house very close to the High Commission and they have good rates, it is called Alicia's. You can find their contact info. online. Millslu stayed there and was back home the next day, he is also from St. Lucia. I do not think you will get the visa the same day. Usually after your man returns home, if the interview is passed they will e-mail him a passport request (PPR). Then he will courier his passport, another photo, copy of the PPR and a return courier bag. It will take a few weeks from that point to have the passport couriered back to him. Hope this helps. Blessings and au revoir!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/what-kind-of-questions-do-they-ask-in-the-interview-t47091.0.html;msg345377#msg345377

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Dadzin said:
So we did the medicals today for my wife and daughter which was a. Whopping 2000$ttd. We should have our visas in 6 weeks. I'll attach a strongly worded letter to the VO and cc to the high commissioner. I'll also attach the receipts for this medical and show how it took them 15 months to schedule an interview and how much it cost us. Not fair at all.
Good!! Go Dadzin, go Dadzin......let them know how it affects people....we need to have our voices heard. ;)

éloveutsavoir

Oct 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28-02-2013
CdnandTrini said:
Bonjour éloveutsavoir and here is a link below to a variety of interview questions. If you do get an interview they will send you a letter indicating if they want to see more proof and they will usually specify what they want. The interview can last anywhere from 30 - 90 minutes (according to what I have read). If you search back on this thread you will see some of our own members recent interview experiences (Miss Dominica, Dadzin and even millslu back in May I believe). You can also search this topic in the main thread and get some other perspectives.

There is a guest house very close to the High Commission and they have good rates, it is called Alicia's. You can find their contact info. online. Millslu stayed there and was back home the next day, he is also from St. Lucia. I do not think you will get the visa the same day. Usually after your man returns home, if the interview is passed they will e-mail him a passport request (PPR). Then he will courier his passport, another photo, copy of the PPR and a return courier bag. It will take a few weeks from that point to have the passport couriered back to him. Hope this helps. Blessings and au revoir!
oh i took notes thanks a lot CDnandtrini i will tcheck that today.... ;)
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/what-kind-of-questions-do-they-ask-in-the-interview-t47091.0.html;msg345377#msg345377

éloveutsavoir

Oct 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28-02-2013
CdnandTrini said:

thanks a lot CDnandtrini i took notes and go now tcheck the site you gave me.....

Brownbeauty

Oct 24, 2013
Oh Dear, No news upto now. Tomorrow will be a week and hubby still don't hv his passport or nothing have been sent out. POS is very slow.... Keeps me anxiously awaiting. The week is almost done anyways hope to hear something by next week. :-X