December, 2012
Med's Done....
May, 2013
Passport Req..
19th September, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
26th September, 2013
Behopeful said:
Good evening to all! It's been a while. Just been browsing through messages. It's cold season and our daughter has had ear infections that don't seem to clear up. She has spent lots of time in my arms the last week.

We are still waiting for DM on our file. My husband dropped his PP off to the office in POS September 18 so 2 weeks is approaching. I hope the call to pick it up comes this week. I knew we wouldn't hear anything from POS before now because his exclusion order has just finished.

Louisfam... Huge congrats on the in process. Your PPR should be arriving shortly! Exciting times and so nice to finally see movement. The early 2013's may start hearing good news soon too. Hopefully POS stays on the roll.

Doc lady! PP is coming back soon. Did you address change to a Canadian address on ECAS? Let us know details whe you find out.

FAD... One step closer to the end. Your family is going to be together very soon.

KIAB we thought long and hard about adding additional proof to our file as well. It's hard to know what exactly goes on. Our file was transferred to POS early January and I sent additional proof in late April. The initial review of our file took place in May and you can see the additional documents were added to the file because the IO makes reference to that stuff. I had actually forgot to include beneficiary stuff and we had visited my husband so we submitted those documents. I (personally) would only send additional proof once if you thought it was needed. Don't leave anything to question, where you would say if only or I should have done this... I was really hoping to avoid an interview so this was my reasoning. Otherrwise I would collect everything and have it should they require. I don't think it can hurt your file and only you know the ins and outs of your application.

Welcome to our newest member QueenD! You're in the right spot so ask your questions away. We were all in your place once and know what it feels like to feel overwhelmed with the process. I would suggest focusing in your application and completing it and apply for TRV after. As Cndandtrini said it is unlikely (although not impossible) that your partner will get a VISA and especially since he has had a refusal previously. If things have changed and he can prove greater ties to Trinidad vs. Canada he may very well be one of the lucky ones. Many people on this forum have tried once, if not more, for TRV and have been denied. Keep your head high though and stay positive. Our application was submitted December 2012 and PP was requested nearly 2 weeks ago.

Cndandtrini always nice to see (read) your posts! Can-Vinc enjoyed reading your last post... Thanks for that! +1. Goodnight to everyone else. Take care of yourselves. Blessings!
Hi Behopeful. Thanks the address is still the same. The package isn't in transit as yet but I'll let you know as soon as it is. :D. About your daughter's ear infection, how long has she had it and is it recurrent?

DL

gigi_411

Jun 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2012
AOR Received.
03-12-2012
Med's Done....
August 2012
Interview........
16-05-2013
Hey guys. Quick question. Might sound dumb. But I'm not technical savy.
When u guys send your additional proof u all talk about sending text messages and stuff. How do u print copies of text messages and Skype conversations? Or even conversations from magic jack?
If anyone an help I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance

KIAB

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-AUG-2013
AOR Received.
02-SEPT-2013 [Stage 1], 18-NOV-2013 [STAGE 2]
File Transfer...
09-SEPT-2013
Med's Done....
11-JULY-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
27-NOV-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-DEC-2013
LANDED..........
12-MAR-2014
gigi_411 said:
When u guys send your additional proof u all talk about sending text messages and stuff. How do u print copies of text messages and Skype conversations? Or even conversations from magic jack?
Hey gigi for my skype converstations I screen print it (youtube wil give you directions for your opertating system) and for my textmessages I just do a screenshot and email them to myself then print. Majic jack I don't know sorry we haven't used it

LouisFam

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
02-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-01-2013
Med's Done....
1-10-2012, Meds extended
Interview........
Waived - ECAS In Process 23-09-2013
Passport Req..
17-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2014
LANDED..........
02-02-2014 landed on my birthday.God is good!
gigi_411 said:

I've never done it but this is how I'd do it...I'm using a smart phone so this would be a lil easier.. If u use whatsapp it allows you to email the conversation. Then you can print it out.. Most smart phones have a screenshot feature. I'd take screenshots of my text/skype messages..pretty sure it'll take forever to get those screenshots but you're doing it for the right cause.. Magicjack.. Hmm.. Pretty sure there's a way to get those call logs to print... give customer support a call.. Hope this helps granted ur using a smartphone (2013) :) hope someone else can give some feedback..

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 5, 2012 (Children's Meds)
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
MAY 8TH 2013 passed arc in process
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
to get any records from magic jack you have to log on to magic jack .com and log in and go to your account and you will see all your phone numbers called and received using magic jack and you can print it in excel account

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
gigi_411 said:
Hi gigi, I had 6 years worth of e-mails and SKYPE calls/messages so here is what I did. For the SKYPE I did a copy and paste directly from SKYPE into a word document. For me this was way faster than screen shots due to the volume of stuff we had. Then I fixed the formatting a bit and printed a copy. On the printed copy for immigration I went through and highlighted the duration of our video calls as they get listed on SKYPE i.e., 1:20:57, means one hour 20 minutes 57 seconds. Because my hubby did not own a computer until we were together for about 3 years, this document totalled about 40 pages. Once I did the original for immigration I made another hard copy for our files and I also now have an electronic copy in the word document.

For e-mails I went through them and selected a variety of samples from each month of each year. I even included a few of our "fights" :D so the IO could see the "REAL"! This document was about 30 pages. I wrote a cover letter explaining my reasoning for not sending each and every single item; however, I also specified that if they wanted more, we could certainly provide it. I did a bit of editing of extra private jokes and comments ;) but left most of it as is. Hope that helps. Blessings.

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
millslu said:
Am so wishing.we can do a thanksgiving landing dinner food drink.with family. Goodnight forum
Great, thanks for hosting the Thanksgiving dinner Millslu. I will send a memo to POS and tell them to make sure you are home by Thanksgiving because you are having all of us over for dinner!! This will be your way of returning the love to all of us!!!
I was just saying to my husband last night, 'I hope you are home for Thanksgiving dinner'. He has been truly living the bachelor lifestyle and rarely cooks. When I ask him what did you have for dinner... More often than not the answer I get is.... 2 slice of bread!

That's brutal that St. Lucia only has 2 flights out per week. Hopefully the flights correspond with when you receive your PP. My husband will be flying same day or next day. WestJet flies fairly early in the morning, as does Carribean Air so likely would be next day.

Have a nice evening Millslu... it is nice to have you and your sense of humour back!

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
doc.lady said:
Hi Behopeful. Thanks the address is still the same. The package isn't in transit as yet but I'll let you know as soon as it is. :D. About your daughter's ear infection, how long has she had it and is it recurrent?

DL
Hi doc.lady... She has had 2 ear infections since she was born (currently 19 months). The first infection took 2 rounds of antibiotics to clear up. She has had the current ear infection for about 13 days. I am finding it is now responding the treatment. She was started on Amoxicillin and changed after 3 days. She was in tons of pain up until about yesterday. Even if her shirt lightly touched the ear, she would scream. I thought maybe her ear drum ruptured, but luckily it wasn't so! She is still guarding the ear but seems like things are improving! I am starting to wonder if maybe she needs tubes inserted (as CndandTrini mentioned). The pediatrician is saying to wait and see if the infections continue... so we wait... hoping she doesn't get anymore! Thanks for asking!

Does anyone know at what point does ECAS update the applicants address to the Canadian address? If it when they return the passport or after landing? Just wondering out of curiousity.

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 5, 2012 (Children's Meds)
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
MAY 8TH 2013 passed arc in process
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
Oh yes @behhopeful the table is all set we gonna have a party all you have to bring is your imm papers so we can burn them burn them baby. But i do have to ask nissd first.haha hey make sure we make some noise when u get your passport.thanksgiving here we come yahoo.

Slice bread huh i.hope its whole wheat. But he will be ok he might need some fattening up. Westjet is twice a week but i think we get Caribbean airline and air.Canada so the.say after or the same day. We have the tracking so we will be able to know when it arrives.

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
millslu said:
Oh yes @ behhopeful the table is all set we gonna have a party all you have to bring is your imm papers so we can burn them burn them baby. But i do have to ask nissd first.haha hey make sure we make some noise when u get your passport.thanksgiving here we come yahoo.

Slice bread huh i.hope its whole wheat. But he will be ok he might need some fattening up. Westjet is twice a week but i think we get Caribbean airline and air.Canada so the.say after or the same day. We have the tracking so we will be able to know when it arrives.
The papers are in the suitcase along with my matches! All set and ready to go!

... and I am more then 99% positive hubby is eating well. I'm sure he is just pulling my leg and this is his way of letting me know he misses my cooking. What a jokster her is!

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
doc.lady... how soon do you think you will travel once you have your PP in your hands? What area will you be settling in once you arrive (hope that isn't too personal of a question)?

smokijoe

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PoS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
14-02-2012
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
01-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not needed
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2012
LANDED..........
12/06/2012
gigi_411 said:
When u guys send your additionalproof u all talk about sending text messages andthe talk uff. How do u print copies of text messages and Skype conversations? Or even conversations from magic jack?
Hi all. Congratulations to those of you who have had positive responses from POS. Keep the faith to the others.
To print magic jack call history you need to login to your account. Select account, select contacts & call logs. Select export call logs. This will generate a popup with 3 options, open, save or cancel. Select open. Once you have a spreadsheet package on your pc it will generate the required file. Just arrange the column width to see the info. Then you can save your file.
Good luck.

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
Behopeful said:
Anytime after issuing PPR or returning the passport, it can vary.

Nice to see you again Smokie! Hope all is well on your end *waves*

Millslu Am I invited to this thanksgiving dinner or is it for newly landed only? ;D

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
http://www.cheapoair.ca/newsletters/flights/cheapflights1?fpaffiliate=eenl-flight&fpsub=transactional_60527_t8_flight-oct0213&utm_source=emailmkt&utm_medium=manual&utm_campaign=wednesdaynl&utm_content=mixdeal&cmpid=60527&audid=6824337

ticket sale to Port of Spain

doc.lady

Star Member
Aug 30, 2013
Guyana
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November, 2012
AOR Received.
March, 2013
File Transfer...
December, 2012
Med's Done....
May, 2013
Passport Req..
19th September, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
26th September, 2013
Behopeful said:
doc.lady... how soon do you think you will travel once you have your PP in your hands? What area will you be settling in once you arrive (hope that isn't too personal of a question)?
Most likely at the end of November. We did not make any definite plans because we were not sure what was going on with POS. Also, both of us are still working full time here so November, will give us enough time to wrap up our projects and to pack up our things to ship out. We will be in Scarborough for a bit while we sort out our plans :)