04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Dadzin said:
Hey Folks,

It's been a while- I have some news...

So our application is now processing 20 months and we didn't hear anything after contacting CIC on numerous occasions. The case notes showed that the officer determined an interview was required July 2012...and 15 months later NO INTERVIEW DATE. I waitied patiently. I contacted my MP September 25, who responded in 2 days! and got a response from POS in about 2 days as well. POS lied and told my MP that the it was July 2013 an interview was determined when the GCMS clearly indicated that July 2012 this was done. I was enraged...my MP said we will just have to wait for the date according to what they sent to the MP. I started writing to the Minister of Cit & Imm when I see 2 emails pop in from POS with interview and docs required!!! Oct 25 is the date! Can you imagine these people though? All this time processing but only when my MP sends a note you lie then quickly give a date. That's because visa offices are not accountable to the people and do as they please when they please.

SO that's some good news guys!!!!! Hang in rest of ya!!!!!
Well, well, well. My ol' friend Dadzin. Wanna get together in POS and have a major bitch-about-POS fest?

I have a similar situation to Dadzin. After months of hearing nothing from POS and being ignored continuously, while people who applied after me heard news on their application, I decided it was time to get my MP involved. She replied almost immediately and contacted POS the same day. Hours later, I receive an email from POS requesting an interview - October 24. The day before Dadzin. I agree, that if I hadn't gotten my MP involved, POS would have been happy to let my application rot without a thought about me or hubby at all. I was rather pi**ed off to say the least.

There had been nothing in my notes, however, about an interview. My MP told me that the only "little red flag" that the officer she spoke to could see on our file was that "additional proof of co-habitiation is required" since we applied common-law.

I'm a little lost for what else they expect from us, but I spoke to my landlady (at the time we lived together) and she has offered to write a letter on our behalf. With our original application, we included copies of our lease with both of our names on it showing we lived together for over a year, monthly rent receipts in both our names (over a years worth). We did not have any bills or anything because they are included in our rent (which I stated in the application and is clearly stated on our lease itself) and our apartment was furnished (hence no purchasing of items together for the apartment because they were already present). We also submitted a letter from our landlord the first time stating we lived together.

This time we are going to submit a new letter from our landlord with her stating that everything is included in our apartment (hence no bills) and she is going to get it signed by a Justice of Peace to prove its her. Her husband and our neighbour at the time are also going to submit letters that we lived together for that amount of time. I'm not sure what else to provide, given that we submitted TONS of letters and leases/receipts when we applied and they want additional proof.. what else IS there in a situation like this!? We submitted a couple pieces of mail (in each of our names) to the same address, but I didn't get much mail there because I was a student and all my bills went to my address in Canada and there were no bills, etc to arrive at the apartment (as above). So there were only a couple of those.

Anyway, so we've heard as well. Maybe not what we had hoped for, but news none-the-less. Thank goodness for MP's though, because as Dadzin said, these people are not held responsible for anything and who knows how long both of us would have wondered how our application was processing, when clearly it "wasn't" processing AT ALL.

@Zouk, liquor request approved! lol

and I LITERALLY LOL'd at the IV of alcohol. Great minds think alike.

Thank you to everyone who has reached out to me lately.. I've been having a terrible time with all of this. I'm not happy about being called for an interview to provide the same proof again to these people.. but I'm happier to do that and be with hubby sooner instead of waiting and waiting while no one does anything (unless pressured by an MP, of course).

Dadzin

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 22 2012
AOR Received.
May 23 2012
File Transfer...
May 16 2012
Med's Request
October 25 2013 re-do
Med's Done....
May 25 2012
Interview........
October 25 2013. PASSED
Passport Req..
October 25 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26 2013
LANDED..........
MissDominica said:
Well, well, well. My ol' friend Dadzin. Wanna get together in POS and have a major *censored word*-about-POS fest?

I have a similar situation to Dadzin. After months of hearing nothing from POS and being ignored continuously, while people who applied after me heard news on their application, I decided it was time to get my MP involved. She replied almost immediately and contacted POS the same day. Hours later, I receive an email from POS requesting an interview - October 24. The day before Dadzin. I agree, that if I hadn't gotten my MP involved, POS would have been happy to let my application rot without a thought about me or hubby at all. I was rather pi**ed off to say the least.

There had been nothing in my notes, however, about an interview. My MP told me that the only "little red flag" that the officer she spoke to could see on our file was that "additional proof of co-habitiation is required" since we applied common-law.

I'm a little lost for what else they expect from us, but I spoke to my landlady (at the time we lived together) and she has offered to write a letter on our behalf. With our original application, we included copies of our lease with both of our names on it showing we lived together for over a year, monthly rent receipts in both our names (over a years worth). We did not have any bills or anything because they are included in our rent (which I stated in the application and is clearly stated on our lease itself) and our apartment was furnished (hence no purchasing of items together for the apartment because they were already present). We also submitted a letter from our landlord the first time stating we lived together.

This time we are going to submit a new letter from our landlord with her stating that everything is included in our apartment (hence no bills) and she is going to get it signed by a Justice of Peace to prove its her. Her husband and our neighbour at the time are also going to submit letters that we lived together for that amount of time. I'm not sure what else to provide, given that we submitted TONS of letters and leases/receipts when we applied and they want additional proof.. what else IS there in a situation like this!? We submitted a couple pieces of mail (in each of our names) to the same address, but I didn't get much mail there because I was a student and all my bills went to my address in Canada and there were no bills, etc to arrive at the apartment (as above). So there were only a couple of those.

Anyway, so we've heard as well. Maybe not what we had hoped for, but news none-the-less. Thank goodness for MP's though, because as Dadzin said, these people are not held responsible for anything and who knows how long both of us would have wondered how our application was processing, when clearly it "wasn't" processing AT ALL.

@ Zouk, liquor request approved! lol

and I LITERALLY LOL'd at the IV of alcohol. Great minds think alike.

Thank you to everyone who has reached out to me lately.. I've been having a terrible time with all of this. I'm not happy about being called for an interview to provide the same proof again to these people.. but I'm happier to do that and be with hubby sooner instead of waiting and waiting while no one does anything (unless pressured by an MP, of course).
That's great news! Our appointment is actually on the 24 too! So yes we will meet up!! Lol

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Dadzin said:
That's great news! Our appointment is actually on the 24 too! So yes we will meet up!! Lol
LOL how ironic.

Let's meet up AFTER both of our interviews are done.. for BEER or VODKA or both. LOL. I will be too jet-lagged to meet before. Hopefully after, we'll feel more relaxed and ready for a drink to celebrate our families being reunited!

Happy you've heard something :)

Dadzin

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 22 2012
AOR Received.
May 23 2012
File Transfer...
May 16 2012
Med's Request
October 25 2013 re-do
Med's Done....
May 25 2012
Interview........
October 25 2013. PASSED
Passport Req..
October 25 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26 2013
LANDED..........
MissDominica said:
LOL how ironic.

Let's meet up AFTER both of our interviews are done.. for BEER or VODKA or both. LOL. I will be too jet-lagged to meet before. Hopefully after, we'll feel more relaxed and ready for a drink to celebrate our families being reunited!

Happy you've heard something :)
Wait you'll be there for the interview too? Aren't you the sponsor?

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
As per my situation above,

Anyone have any suggestions of what else to bring to inteview given that we've really already sent everything we had and are sending 3 additional new letters, one from the landlord and certified by JOP stating that we really lived together?

Open to suggestions lol ???

(Also, I realize I am behind on updating the spreadsheet, just give me a few days to organize. My bad. This becoming a doctor thing is a lot of work.. who knew?!)

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Dadzin said:
Wait you'll be there for the interview too? Aren't you the sponsor?
Indeed I am.. but I wanna be there to support the hubz. And he might need a hand carrying the BAZILLION pages of photos, Skype convos, bbm convos, facebook convos, trip receipts, etc that we're gonna drop on their desks. :p

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 5, 2012 (Children's Meds)
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
MAY 8TH 2013 passed arc in process
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
Yayyyyy go missd its your birthday. This is amazing.news 10 months and post.finally moving. @admin and post@ missd i have you'll spot on.the xmas table . Missd just bring.everything.with u make sure your hobby knows u in.case.they interrogate him and for both of xmas landing.is.eminent. Contracts again. Yahoo

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

POS is on the move... even if it is only interviews.

Dadzin glad things have worked out for you. It is shocking how fast POS can move when they want/ have to, especially when they are answering to the higher powers. I truly believe there is little to no accountability therefore things move at a dog speed (and only a little faster when a firer is lit under the arses of these people). I have heard one of the famous lines being, "It's not an emergency, we will get to it in due time" and I believe this shows little motivation and respect. ANYWAYS... CONGRATS to you and your wife. You will do great. Let us know what the interview is like. Are you still spending time in Trinidad?

AND MISSD... Absolutely wonderful news for you. I know it wasn't what you were hoping for, nor does it seem fair but it is movement no the less. My personal opinion is that POS is scrambling and calling an interview just because they can and are grasping for strings because your application has been in the line for processing for so long. They had to pull themselves together and "do" something because records show they have done very little. Still prepare and hubby will do great. It is good you will have notes prior to your interview and again you can see if any other concerns are identified.
In terms of providing more support for the "red flag", I would say you have everything and there is really nothing more to provide them. I was thinking about this and maybe having something that shows why you have not been continuously living together since you came back to Canada. IE. your enrollment in school and that you have to be in Canada for this portion of the schooling, your husbands enrollment in school (think you said he was in school) and making it very clear you applied for TRV's but were denied therefore it was little option to continue to be together. I am wondering if the issuse is that you haven't continued to live together versus not showing enough information that you are common law. Just my thoughts and another way of looking at it.

... and by the way... MISSD... I am putting the alcohol IV on hold... you have big things happening and you can't be hung over for the next few weeks!!!

My positive thoughts are with both of you fas you prepare and attend the interview. Remember they won't ask anything you don't already know, well they might but just be honest and be yourself. I know you will do great and PPR's will follow shortly after. Congrats again, your files are moving forward. You both deserve it.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Behopeful said:

Dadzin glad things have worked out for you. It is shocking how fast POS can move when they want/ have to, especially when they are answering to the higher powers. I truly believe there is little to no accountability therefore things move at a dog speed (and only a little faster when a firer is lit under the arses of these people). I have heard one of the famous lines being, "It's not an emergency, we will get to it in due time" and I believe this shows little motivation and respect. ANYWAYS... CONGRATS to you and your wife. You will do great. Let us know what the interview is like. Are you still spending time in Trinidad?

AND MISSD... Absolutely wonderful news for you. I know it wasn't what you were hoping for, nor does it seem fair but it is movement no the less. My personal opinion is that POS is scrambling and calling an interview just because they can and are grasping for strings because your application has been in the line for processing for so long. They had to pull themselves together and "do" something because records show they have done very little. Still prepare and hubby will do great. It is good you will have notes prior to your interview and again you can see if any other concerns are identified.
In terms of providing more support for the "red flag", I would say you have everything and there is really nothing more to provide them. I was thinking about this and maybe having something that shows why you have not been continuously living together since you came back to Canada. IE. your enrollment in school and that you have to be in Canada for this portion of the schooling, your husbands enrollment in school (think you said he was in school) and making it very clear you applied for TRV's but were denied therefore it was little option to continue to be together. I am wondering if the issuse is that you haven't continued to live together versus not showing enough information that you are common law. Just my thoughts and another way of looking at it.

... and by the way... MISSD... I am putting the alcohol IV on hold... you have big things happening and you can't be hung over for the next few weeks!!!

My positive thoughts are with both of you fas you prepare and attend the interview. Remember they won't ask anything you don't already know, well they might but just be honest and be yourself. I know you will do great and PPR's will follow shortly after. Congrats again, your files are moving forward. You both deserve it.
Thanks !!!!!!! :)

Dadzin

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 22 2012
AOR Received.
May 23 2012
File Transfer...
May 16 2012
Med's Request
October 25 2013 re-do
Med's Done....
May 25 2012
Interview........
October 25 2013. PASSED
Passport Req..
October 25 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26 2013
LANDED..........
Behopeful said:

Yes miss d and I will give you guys the run down on the interviews and drinks after. The fam and I are in tt until Feb 2014. Anyone knows how long you have to leave the country after you receive the visa?

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Until your meds expire.

On that note, they asked for a new police certificate because ours is expired. But so are our meds and they did not say to re-do them?

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 5, 2012 (Children's Meds)
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
MAY 8TH 2013 passed arc in process
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
So.missd you.haven't gotten interviews letter. I think you sgould prepare your.police certificate as long as he is in the country for 6 months. More than his.last police cert. Its preparation time its a good thing you don't need an arc so he should go up there with his passport and expect to get his passport stamped right away.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
millslu said:
So.missd you.haven't gotten interviews letter. I think you sgould prepare your.police certificate as long as he is in the country for 6 months. More than his.last police cert. Its preparation time its a good thing you don't need an arc so he should go up there with his passport and expect to get his passport stamped right away.
I have actually gotten my interview letter. It was sent almost immediately after my MP contacted POS. The interview letter states to bring the usual stuff that pertains to any application (generic list that everyone gets) but highlighted is that we bring proof of our common-law status/on-going relationship (generic but highlighted because they specifically are interested in our co-habitation) and it also has highlighted that we bring a new Dominica police certificate.

That is no problem, as we already have a police certificate that is not expired, as we were hoping to hear something and we knew our police certificate was expired. However, our medicals are also expired (expired end of May 2013) and are now past the point of extension (past 15 month mark), so will need to be re-done. However, they did not ask to re-do those. They only asked for police certificate.. why ask for one and not the other?

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
MissDominica said:
Until your meds expire.

On that note, they asked for a new police certificate because ours is expired. But so are our meds and they did not say to re-do them?
Are you thinking to do your meds ahead of time?

That's a hard call. I personally would re-do them so that he can say to the officer they have been done but he may not require them. Actually since the interview is now being called, it would be unlikely they have extended them because it's the last thing they do and can only be extended up to 3 months post expiration. Just thinking aloud...

Can you do the medicals in Dominica?

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
MissDominica said:
I have actually gotten my interview letter. It was sent almost immediately after my MP contacted POS. The interview letter states to bring the usual stuff that pertains to any application (generic list that everyone gets) but highlighted is that we bring proof of our common-law status/on-going relationship (generic but highlighted because they specifically are interested in our co-habitation) and it also has highlighted that we bring a new Dominica police certificate.

That is no problem, as we already have a police certificate that is not expired, as we were hoping to hear something and we knew our police certificate was expired. However, our medicals are also expired (expired end of May 2013) and are now past the point of extension (past 15 month mark), so will need to be re-done. However, they did not ask to re-do those. They only asked for police certificate.. why ask for one and not the other?
The silly things these people do. I would go ahead and re-do it and it's done. Might piss them off but it shouldn't. You could always contact the MP and have him/ her ask if you should have them done again prior to the interview. Couldn't hurt.