Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
July 30th 2018 applicant here,
Anyone else waiting for interview.like us?
Yes - we are. We have been waiting 3 months so far for a date. I don't know when you got notice that you needed an interview. We were told on October 4th. Our file still hasn't been officially received at the POS office from Mexico. Super frustrating. :-(

ImGuyanese

Dec 13, 2019
Guyana
Category........
FAM
Yes - we are. We have been waiting 3 months so far for a date. I don't know when you got notice that you needed an interview. We were told on October 4th. Our file still hasn't been officially received at the POS office from Mexico. Super frustrating. :-(
we got email saying it's in Trinidad from mexico VO In november an that we should give them two months time for them to give us a date for the interview. Smh they're so damn slow!! I mean holiday is over now,get it going for the 2018 applicants!! Its more than frustrating!

Reactions: laleona

Dann12

Aug 5, 2019
July 30th 2018 applicant here,
Anyone else waiting for interview.like us?
you need to send them an inquiry, it prompts them to start working on your file. It's really slow in Trinidad.

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Has anyone gotten any good news - or news at all - out of Trinidad this past week?

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
We've been waiting 3 months now just for an AOR that our file reached that office.

Dann12

Aug 5, 2019
Some update on my status. I am a July 2018 applicant. Had my interview in Port Of Spain back in October 2019. I took with me to the interview an updated police check and some other documents that they requested. A decision was made early January 2020 according to the online tool, however I am yet to receive my decision.

michyme

Mar 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City/Port of spain
AOR Received.
13 - 08 - 2018
File Transfer...
24 - 10 - 2018
Med's Request
19 - 01 - 2019
Med's Done....
03 - 2019
Interview........
10- 03 -2020
Passport Req..
16 - 09 - 2020
LANDED..........
25 - 09- 2020
Some update on my status. I am a July 2018 applicant. Had my interview in Port Of Spain back in October 2019. I took with me to the interview an updated police check and some other documents that they requested. A decision was made early January 2020 according to the online tool, however I am yet to receive my decision.
I dont understand the inconsistencies! We are waiting 17 months now and nothing... Is there a telephone number you/we can call in Trinidad to check on status of application?

michyme

Mar 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City/Port of spain
AOR Received.
13 - 08 - 2018
File Transfer...
24 - 10 - 2018
Med's Request
19 - 01 - 2019
Med's Done....
03 - 2019
Interview........
10- 03 -2020
Passport Req..
16 - 09 - 2020
LANDED..........
25 - 09- 2020
Goodnite guys
My wife's from guyana,I'm from canada,we're july 30 2018applicant also....our file has already left Mexico to go over to Trinidad,we got an email last month,so she's just waiting for a interview date,hope it happens soon
Our file was even misplaced when transfering to mexico in August,we had to re apply with half of the stuff really fast,
We were told it was sent to the US accidentally /lost in transit ,instead of mexico,because we were stuck an didnt heard anything for months, all they kept saying it was in mexico,when we pushed to get information I got the letter in Canada saying it's been misplaced,so above all this stress, I am finally happy its moving over to trinidad for an interview.
Is there a telephone number you/we can call in Trinidad to check on status of application?
Nothing at all,we are waiting on interview date,Trinidad taking their precious time.

Is there a telephone number you/we can call in Trinidad to check on status of application? we are at 17 months now and nothing waiting for an interview in Trinidad.

Dann12

Aug 5, 2019
Is there a telephone number you/we can call in Trinidad to check on status of application?

Is there a telephone number you/we can call in Trinidad to check on status of application? we are at 17 months now and nothing waiting for an interview in Trinidad.
As I have mentioned before, you need to send them an inquiry, requesting the status of your application. An email for some reason prompt's them to start working on your file. And to be honest I am a bit worried. According to the online tool I have decision made for approximately 2 months now and I haven't receive email or regular mail of the decision.... at this time I really don't know what to think.

Last edited:

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
As I have mentioned before, you need to send them an inquiry, requesting the status of your application. An email for some reason prompt's them to start working on your file. And to be honest I am a bit worried. According to the online tool I have decision made for approximately 2 months now and I haven't receive email or regular mail of the decision.... at this time I really don't know what to think.
Wow - you would think that that is a definite lapse in communication. May be time to get your MPs office involved? You should know what the decision is by now. That's heartbreaking!

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
We have been in the process for 16 months. Today my MP office got an update on our file - which was no update at all - except a Bring Forward date of February 21st.
February 21st is Carnival in POS. No one is going to be checking our file during Carnival! Sigh.

Dann12

Aug 5, 2019
We have been in the process for 16 months. Today my MP office got an update on our file - which was no update at all - except a Bring Forward date of February 21st.
February 21st is Carnival in POS. No one is going to be checking our file during Carnival! Sigh.
With that response your MP received from them, don't be surprised when they send you a correspondence email. You might get interview date pretty soon. And it's ok to message them on your own.

Reactions: laleona