Med's Done....
03 - 2019
Interview........
10- 03 -2020
Passport Req..
16 - 09 - 2020
LANDED..........
25 - 09- 2020
How long are people waiting to get news of an interview date, these days? We heard from Mexico that we needed an interview on October 4th. We are 6 weeks in to waiting for a date and assuming it will be December before we hear anything. What are others' experiences? Anyone else waiting?
We have being Waitting since August for interview date . Hoping to hear something in December too . Wishing us all good luck

michyme

Mar 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City/Port of spain
AOR Received.
13 - 08 - 2018
File Transfer...
24 - 10 - 2018
Med's Request
19 - 01 - 2019
Med's Done....
03 - 2019
Interview........
10- 03 -2020
Passport Req..
16 - 09 - 2020
LANDED..........
25 - 09- 2020

michyme

Mar 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City/Port of spain
AOR Received.
13 - 08 - 2018
File Transfer...
24 - 10 - 2018
Med's Request
19 - 01 - 2019
Med's Done....
03 - 2019
Interview........
10- 03 -2020
Passport Req..
16 - 09 - 2020
LANDED..........
25 - 09- 2020
How long are people waiting to get news of an interview date, these days? We heard from Mexico that we needed an interview on October 4th. We are 6 weeks in to waiting for a date and assuming it will be December before we hear anything. What are others' experiences? Anyone else waiting?
We were told we needed an interview in August and no date as yet!

Dann12

Aug 5, 2019
Guys be prepared for the wait, it is very slow in Trinidad. I had my interview almost 2 months now, and I am still waiting to get a response from them. My entire process is now in its 17 month.

Reactions: laleona

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Guys be prepared for the wait, it is very slow in Trinidad. I had my interview almost 2 months now, and I am still waiting to get a response from them. My entire process is now in its 17 month.
Oh that's depressing. I was hearing that some people were getting visas on the spot. It really seems unreasonable to wait 2 months after an interview. But yes, they must be overwhelmed with all the Cuban interviews as well as managing the Trinidadian interviews and processes.

Dann12

Aug 5, 2019
Oh that's depressing. I was hearing that some people were getting visas on the spot. It really seems unreasonable to wait 2 months after an interview. But yes, they must be overwhelmed with all the Cuban interviews as well as managing the Trinidadian interviews and processes.
Yes it is depressing and stressful. Yes some people were bless to get their visas on the spot, and I guess that can happen depending on how less complicated your case is.

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Has anyone been getting any interview dates from POS lately? For the new year? It seems that this office has been fairly quiet. I imagine it is overwhelmed right now but it's hard to hear nothing!

ImGuyanese

Dec 13, 2019
Guyana
Category........
FAM
Goodnite guys
My wife's from guyana,I'm from canada,we're july 30 2018applicant also....our file has already left Mexico to go over to Trinidad,we got an email last month,so she's just waiting for a interview date,hope it happens soon
Our file was even misplaced when transfering to mexico in August,we had to re apply with half of the stuff really fast,
We were told it was sent to the US accidentally /lost in transit ,instead of mexico,because we were stuck an didnt heard anything for months, all they kept saying it was in mexico,when we pushed to get information I got the letter in Canada saying it's been misplaced,so above all this stress, I am finally happy its moving over to trinidad for an interview.

Last edited:

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
I know someone else whose file was lost going to Mexico so I really feel for you. Unfortunately the wait list for interviews in Trinidad is months long. I know people that have been waiting 4 months just for a date already and we've all been told we won't even know the dates until early 2020. It's a long wait, I'm afraid. I wish I had better news.

ImGuyanese

Dec 13, 2019
Guyana
Category........
FAM
I know someone else whose file was lost going to Mexico so I really feel for you. Unfortunately the wait list for interviews in Trinidad is months long. I know people that have been waiting 4 months just for a date already and we've all been told we won't even know the dates until early 2020. It's a long wait, I'm afraid. I wish I had better news.
I understand.....well mexico told us to give them 2 months to get us a date for interview. So our 2 months will be up in January, so realllly hope Trinidad respond really fast to us.

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
We have already been waiting more than 2 months for an interview date. Last week I got correspondence to say that we would not know a date until early in 2020.

Dann12

Aug 5, 2019
Oh wow that's sad I hope something happens fast in january for all these 2018 applicants.
Sorry to hear that your file was misplaced. I trust that all go well for you and your wife. I had my interview back in October and I am still waiting for a response. My advice to you, is while you are waiting make sure you gather all your evidence that you are going to need for your interview. Such as updated photos, proof of communication between you and your wife ( text messages or calls) proof of travel to see each other. Photos with family members. And make sure y she study the letters you guys submitted. A lot of questions are going to come from those letters.

ImGuyanese

Dec 13, 2019
Guyana
Category........
FAM
Sorry to hear that your file was misplaced. I trust that all go well for you and your wife. I had my interview back in October and I am still waiting for a response. My advice to you, is while you are waiting make sure you gather all your evidence that you are going to need for your interview. Such as updated photos, proof of communication between you and your wife ( text messages or calls) proof of travel to see each other. Photos with family members. And make sure y she study the letters you guys submitted. A lot of questions are going to come from those letters.
Oh yes thanks for the heads up, she already has gotten up those things,she's pretty much prep already just awaiting the day now to go on the interview