Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
LouisFam said:
Ok cool.. Mills fingerprints don't change like character. it wasn't requested anywhere on app so I didn't send.. Be on top of things,I guess..

We were told 6wks to process fingerprints.. I'll go ahead and print the form,do the prints and send to POS before I get this mail?.. Just hope POS is the right destination. I'll probably do two copies one to POS and other to wife/RCMP.. still humbled that we don't have to wait 20months processing..
There was another member here and they were asked for fingerprints near to the end of the process as well and this added significant time to their application. I'm wondering if the 6 weeks processing refers to the time for CIC to process but doesn't include the time for RCMP to process. Anyways, all the best and the end is right there!

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
blessedone1 said:
Found out today I got my aor from pos during the week ;D

About the finger prints im a bit lost. I did the rcmp fingerprints in Canada and police clearance in st.lucia. Do i have to do finger prints also in st.lucia
Congrats in the AOR! Things are in the move!

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Can4Vincy said:
Well hello everyone, been ages. So much movement here (well at least since I've been on) I forget who was asking but RCMP checks are a nasty wait.

Hubby and I waiting as they process for the kids. Notified they started October 4th.

Good luck to all ;)
Hello Can4Vincy, long time no see :)......Glad to hear the kids are being processed. I will update the spreadsheet. Blessings and keep us posted.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mizzdanish said:
I am seriously getting so stressed and rather pissed ! Seems everyone is getting their SA's . . . people who applied after me! Why could this be??
mizzdanish, things do not always happen in order at POS or any other VO really. If you look at the spreadsheet you will see that. The sponsor approval is fast compared to the second stage, so if you think you are stressed and po'd now?? :p There is not always any rhyme or reason that we can see so hang on and be prepared to take lots of deep breaths. I will check the spreadsheet to see if I have got you on there and if not I will add/update. Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
millslu said:
hey louis let me get that straight they sent you your pp without a fingerprint request? if that is the case louisfarm you need to be on top of things,if you spent more than 6 monts in st lucia then automatically you will need the fingerprints, they dont even need to ask, the only thing you need to be uncertain is, is the medicals,its case by case but for medicals from what i heard they sturdy countries with high risk of comunicable dease like TB ect.

but with that being said from the begining i always said to provide documents before they ask for it, trust me it wont hurt, i set my ARC long before i knew i would have an interview but when my interview came the officer was explaining to me about submitting and ARC and was trying to explain to me about the ARC so i stopped her and said look in your document the ARC is right there, she was like OH ok there it is. that saved me 3 months of time.

so again let me urge people this forum is amazing and they give you a great sense of what is happening and what is expected, it wouldnt hurt to send everything immigration ask for before hand even if they didnt ask you for it, if you want to send more document to strenghten your case do so but dont do if often, if they ask for money or u know u have money for them send it in one go, attach a note to it and tell them what it is for, i know you might be jumping the gun, i jumped the gun from the begineing and it worked for me, except for when i sent the wrong amount for the ARC that delayed me, and i cursed so much about that, other than that, peeps try to be on top of things so you wont get delayed casue when u get delayed you really get delayed.

hi everyone sorry congrats on everyone who is close closer or closest, amazing pics @ behopful and congrats, hey louisfarm hurry with this ting man. hahah

anyone seen @ missd is she ok.?
Hi millslu, go back a few posts, Miss D. has 3 exams along with still waiting to hear back from POS so she is taking a break from the forum. Hope you and your wife are doing well. Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Behopeful said:
Hey LouisFam! What a terrible mix up with CIC. I am assuming they are requesting fingerprints to do RCMP checks because you've lived in Canada. My husband also lived in Canada, but we didn't send fingerprints or RCMP records with our file because it stated not to. However I panicked at one point and decided to send fingerprints off on my own to obtain the background checks from the RCMP.

My husband had fingerprints done in Trinidad and I sent them by mail to the RCMP June 18. Processing time for paper fingerprints is 120 days. CIC never asked for RCMP clearance and I think it's because my husband's name is so rare. My husband landed on October 11 and the report back from the RCMP was received to me November 4, so it takes a long time! I am not sure if it may be faster when it's done by CIC but I doubt it. I emailed the RCMP at one point and they said there was no way to process it faster. It took just over 4 months for me to get the RCMP clearance and my husband has no record and has never been involved with police, etc.

In my research of fingerprints and backgrounds checks, I found out it is possible to do paper fingerprints, take the paper prints to a place in Toronto or Ottawa (forget the name but I can get it for you off my labtop) and they convert the prints to digital. Digital prints are processed by the RCMP in 72 hours and record is sent back to you. It costs around 200$ but, in my opinion, well worth it as compared to waiting an extra 4 months.
Hi Behopeful, glad you can help on this one. LouisFam, I have no clue on this stuff, sorry to hear that this annoyance has to come up now!! :mad: Happy to see that you are still appreciating not having to wait 20 months though....that is so awful for people. Humbled is how I felt too, getting through so quick - and very grateful. Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
blessedone1 said:
Found out today I got my aor from pos during the week ;D

About the finger prints im a bit lost. I did the rcmp fingerprints in Canada and police clearance in st.lucia. Do i have to do finger prints also in st.lucia
Hey blessedone1 that is great news!!! Congratulations :D I better get to that spreadsheet. Happy for you. Blessings.

LouisFam

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
02-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-01-2013
Med's Done....
1-10-2012, Meds extended
Interview........
Waived - ECAS In Process 23-09-2013
Passport Req..
17-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2014
LANDED..........
02-02-2014 landed on my birthday.God is good!
Thank you.. I'm gonna get the digital fingerprints. It takes 72 hours for RCMP processing instead of 4months. I will send the requested fingerprints to POS along with the RCMP clearance. Hope this works.

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ submitted 28-Apr-2014 & CSQ approved 12-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Spousal Approval
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26- June-2014, came in mail 01-July-2014!! :)
Congrats FAD!!!!!

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ submitted 28-Apr-2014 & CSQ approved 12-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Spousal Approval
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26- June-2014, came in mail 01-July-2014!! :)

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Devicka said:
Does anyone know how long it take to hear from immigration after the interview process
Hi Devicka, it is always hard to tell, we can only give our best guesses based upon the information you provide us. As the other member said it's a bit hit and miss with Port of Spain. We may (no promises!!) be able to help a bit more if you can provide some additional information.

When did you submit your application originally to CIC? When did you receive sponsor approval? Is your ecas showing "in process" or "decision made?. When was your interview? How long have you been married/common-law and what country is each spouse from i.e. who is Canadian and who is the applicant?

What kinds of questions were asked? Did you feel that the immigration officer was acting positive, negative or neutral? Did you receive any documents prior to the interview indicating what additional proof or clarification immigration was seeking? Are there any issues that you or spouse are aware of in terms of past criminality and/or misrepresentation?

Let us know what you feel comfortable with sharing. This wait is a hard time, several of our members have had interviews recently. Hang in there. Blessings.

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Hey everyone... I wish I had something useful to provide with regards to the RCmp/fingerprints fiasco but truth be told it is actually just freaking me out. I cannot fathom what you're feeling Louisfam... They can't actually expect you to be without your passport so long?! Sheesh.

I don't understand why this is happening. It makes me sad, scared and frustrated. It seems like they pick someone and throw every technicality at them that they can... But for no specific reason that I can tell. Needless to say, I'm really bummed out now that we got called for an interview because I am scared they'll try to pull this "just one more thing" business with us....

Oh well, we'll prepare our proof as much as we can and wait for the notes and go from there. I still do not know what to do abt the fingerprints & rcmp clearance... If it is something we need then how come they don't just ASK for it outright? It is like they keep it in their back pocket just to stall people.

Feeling angry and sad tonight

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
Can-Vinc said:
Hey everyone... I wish I had something useful to provide with regards to the RCmp/fingerprints fiasco but truth be told it is actually just freaking me out. I cannot fathom what you're feeling Louisfam... They can't actually expect you to be without your passport so long?! Sheesh.

I don't understand why this is happening. It makes me sad, scared and frustrated. It seems like they pick someone and throw every technicality at them that they can... But for no specific reason that I can tell. Needless to say, I'm really bummed out now that we got called for an interview because I am scared they'll try to pull this "just one more thing" business with us....

Oh well, we'll prepare our proof as much as we can and wait for the notes and go from there. I still do not know what to do abt the fingerprints & rcmp clearance... If it is something we need then how come they don't just ASK for it outright? It is like they keep it in their back pocket just to stall people.

Feeling angry and sad tonight
Hi can-vinc! I recall feeling the exact same way at points during the process. I hated not having clear answers, hated that no matter what I (we) did the process wouldnt be clear or be figured out and most of all that feeling of fear and what if they come and ask for an interview, RCMP checks or something else random. It's hard to turn all that off.
As for the RCMP checks, it's a tough call. I was of the thought, it can't hurt or hinder the process by doing them and at least they are started (and this was before I found out I could convert paper prints to digital prints). Whereas waiting for them to request can slow the process down if they come and request them. It costs no money to have the RCMP do the checks. Just my 2 cents and it was a way for me to turn some of the constant worrying thoughts OFF!

Can-Vinc

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2013
Doc's Request.
Mar-2014 (updated police check/fingerprints) // May-2014 ARC
AOR Received.
June-2013
File Transfer...
Feb-2013
Med's Request
2nd Meds Request May -2014
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Interview........
Jan-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-2014
LANDED..........
November 7, 2014
Hi Behopeful.... this is why this forum is so amazing... just when you're feeling the worst, someone can totally relate and it makes you feel better (if only a little bit).

I would like to note that I wasn't just said for us (my hubby and I) but also everyone living it right now in all steps... especially those who have had their interview and/or PPR and are STILL waiting. It is frustrating... I just wish there was a clear directive from the gov't saying what we need and what we don't need. No surprises.

So if we were to do them in advance, would the process would be :

1. to get the fingerprints from St. Vincent,
2. my hubby would send them to me,
3. I would get them "digitized" (is that the right word?);
4. the clearance/fingerprints would get sent directly to POS by the RCMP? or I would send it?

Am I missing something or totally in left field? He has an extremely unique name and this process will be pricey... I'm so torn now.