+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

Artsgie

Nov 7, 2013
fromadistance said:
Happy to announce that pp is en route to hubby.

It was picked up a while ago. My anxiety won't b gone until I see that visa sticker myself!

Hubby sent envelope but I'm seeing POS sent back a box. Can just imagine the bunch of stuff they are sending back.
Congratulations FAD...Jump for joy and give God thanks because ur waiting has finally paid off..
An other landing story in the making....
The clock is ticking faster because the year is coming to an end...Who will be next on the POS wait list? ;D

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Thank u all for your well wishes ;)

The package was 2 pounds. Anxious to reunite with all my pics lol

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Behopeful you guys make such a cute couple

mizzdanish

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 17th 2013
AOR Received.
Nov. 25th
File Transfer...
Dec 9 2013
Med's Done....
July 2013
Interview........
Aug 21st 2014
I am seriously getting so stressed and rather pissed ! Seems everyone is getting their SA's . . . people who applied after me! Why could this be??

LouisFam

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
02-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-01-2013
Med's Done....
1-10-2012, Meds extended
Interview........
Waived - ECAS In Process 23-09-2013
Passport Req..
17-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2014
LANDED..........
02-02-2014 landed on my birthday.God is good!
Hello POS FAM..here's what's going on as we wait on pp. Its been three weeks since POS got my pp and requested documents.(Oct 24th) Three weeks in and I found it weird DM hasn't reached. Told wifey something's up! Had her call the mp.. See what's really happening. News came back yesterday that POS sent a snail mail (7th Nov) requesting fingerprints..(why didn't they email..smh) why didn't they request it together with pp and police clearance? Maybe I somehow missed the part where I need fingerprints. How do you get to the final stage and request fingerprints? Maybe there's a conflict with my name? As I wait on this mail I came across Fingerprints Request Letter on CIC.. I'm wondering if I can just fill this form get the prints done or wait till I get this snail mail.. That's just delaying everything... Thoughts anyone??

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
LouisFam said:
Hello POS FAM..here's what's going on as we wait on pp. Its been three weeks since POS got my pp and requested documents.(Oct 24th) Three weeks in and I found it weird DM hasn't reached. Told wifey something's up! Had her call the mp.. See what's really happening. News came back yesterday that POS sent a snail mail (7th Nov) requesting fingerprints..(why didn't they email..smh) why didn't they request it together with pp and police clearance? Maybe I somehow missed the part where I need fingerprints. How do you get to the final stage and request fingerprints? Maybe there's a conflict with my name? As I wait on this mail I came across Fingerprints Request Letter on CIC.. I'm wondering if I can just fill this form get the prints done or wait till I get this snail mail.. That's just delaying everything... Thoughts anyone??
SMH! Expect the unexpected when it comes to CIC and more specifically POS!! You are correct-why didn't they request the fingerprints together with your Passport? Did you live in Canada before? Probably that is why they are requesting it. Going on a whim here.

LouisFam

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
02-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-01-2013
Med's Done....
1-10-2012, Meds extended
Interview........
Passport Req..
17-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2014
LANDED..........
fromadistance said:
SMH! Expect the unexpected when it comes to CIC and more specifically POS!! You are correct-why didn't they request the fingerprints together with your Passport? Did you live in Canada before? Probably that is why they are requesting it. Going on a whim here.

Well yeah I did.. The last 8yrs.. Clean record... My first attempt at PR I did fingerprints, RCMP clearance.. I even gave them police clearance from Canada and st.Lucia with this application..

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Wow the government sure works backwards. Go ahead and start those fingerprints I heard they take a bit of time to get back. Just when you think your at the end it's not. Blessings to you and your family maybe your name is common. Not everyone that has lived in Canada will need RCMP fingerprints it's just if they run your name in the system and it's common they have you do this step.

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 5, 2012 (Children's Meds)
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
MAY 8TH 2013 passed arc in process
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
LouisFam said:
hey louis let me get that straight they sent you your pp without a fingerprint request? if that is the case louisfarm you need to be on top of things,if you spent more than 6 monts in st lucia then automatically you will need the fingerprints, they dont even need to ask, the only thing you need to be uncertain is, is the medicals,its case by case but for medicals from what i heard they sturdy countries with high risk of comunicable dease like TB ect.

but with that being said from the begining i always said to provide documents before they ask for it, trust me it wont hurt, i set my ARC long before i knew i would have an interview but when my interview came the officer was explaining to me about submitting and ARC and was trying to explain to me about the ARC so i stopped her and said look in your document the ARC is right there, she was like OH ok there it is. that saved me 3 months of time.

so again let me urge people this forum is amazing and they give you a great sense of what is happening and what is expected, it wouldnt hurt to send everything immigration ask for before hand even if they didnt ask you for it, if you want to send more document to strenghten your case do so but dont do if often, if they ask for money or u know u have money for them send it in one go, attach a note to it and tell them what it is for, i know you might be jumping the gun, i jumped the gun from the begineing and it worked for me, except for when i sent the wrong amount for the ARC that delayed me, and i cursed so much about that, other than that, peeps try to be on top of things so you wont get delayed casue when u get delayed you really get delayed.

hi everyone sorry congrats on everyone who is close closer or closest, amazing pics @behopful and congrats, hey louisfarm hurry with this ting man. hahah

anyone seen @missd is she ok.?

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
LouisFam said:
Hey LouisFam! What a terrible mix up with CIC. I am assuming they are requesting fingerprints to do RCMP checks because you've lived in Canada. My husband also lived in Canada, but we didn't send fingerprints or RCMP records with our file because it stated not to. However I panicked at one point and decided to send fingerprints off on my own to obtain the background checks from the RCMP.

My husband had fingerprints done in Trinidad and I sent them by mail to the RCMP June 18. Processing time for paper fingerprints is 120 days. CIC never asked for RCMP clearance and I think it's because my husband's name is so rare. My husband landed on October 11 and the report back from the RCMP was received to me November 4, so it takes a long time! I am not sure if it may be faster when it's done by CIC but I doubt it. I emailed the RCMP at one point and they said there was no way to process it faster. It took just over 4 months for me to get the RCMP clearance and my husband has no record and has never been involved with police, etc.

In my research of fingerprints and backgrounds checks, I found out it is possible to do paper fingerprints, take the paper prints to a place in Toronto or Ottawa (forget the name but I can get it for you off my labtop) and they convert the prints to digital. Digital prints are processed by the RCMP in 72 hours and record is sent back to you. It costs around 200$ but, in my opinion, well worth it as compared to waiting an extra 4 months.

LouisFam

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
02-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-01-2013
Med's Done....
1-10-2012, Meds extended
Interview........
Passport Req..
17-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2014
LANDED..........
Ok cool.. Mills fingerprints don't change like character. it wasn't requested anywhere on app so I didn't send.. Be on top of things,I guess..

We were told 6wks to process fingerprints.. I'll go ahead and print the form,do the prints and send to POS before I get this mail?.. Just hope POS is the right destination. I'll probably do two copies one to POS and other to wife/RCMP.. still humbled that we don't have to wait 20months processing..

blessedone1

Sep 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
pos
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september 2013
Found out today I got my aor from pos during the week ;D

About the finger prints im a bit lost. I did the rcmp fingerprints in Canada and police clearance in st.lucia. Do i have to do finger prints also in st.lucia

Devicka

Nov 16, 2013
I am new here n I am lookin for some answer my husband went in for an interview n he was told they would contact him before the week is up n never did does anyone know if that means he pass or fail

smokijoe

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PoS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
14-02-2012
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
01-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not needed
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2012
LANDED..........
12/06/2012
Devicka said:
I am new here n I am lookin for some answer my husband went in for an interview n he was told they would contact him before the week is up n never did does anyone know if that means he pass or fail
No one can give you an answer to your question. Reason being that POS tells everyone this and then does the complete opposite. If you read through the post by Miss Dominica you will see that the same happened (is happening) to her. There is no way that we can second second guess them. Just hang in there. Things will be fine.