Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
MissDominica said:
I made the mistake of checking out the August 2012 spreadsheet (from when I applied) to see how I compared to others that applied at the same time as me... There are only 4 of us left that have not received PPR/visa/landed out of soooooo many...

SIGH.

Someone needs to light a fyah unda sum bumpas at that POS office.
Imagine at least once per week, there is a PPR on the December thread.

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Well yesterday was our anniversary and I was stuck in bed sick with fever and vomiting smh. I am not sure if it was a virus or just STRESS!

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
Hi everyone!

So... Received our case file notes today. I will quickly summarize the notes... Ready... Everything says NOT STARTED, except the medicals are PASSED.
I will have to review everything when I get home from work but really I don't see much information. At the end of the file it summarizes our relationship (first marriage, 3 yr age difference, daughter together, our proofs and travel to see each other) and says transferred to an officer for review. Does that mean thy are determining eligibility or if we need an interview?
I didn't expect much from the notes and I didn't get much! Worth the 5$!

Hope everyone else is good.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Behopeful said:
Hi everyone!

So... Received our case file notes today. I will quickly summarize the notes... Ready... Everything says NOT STARTED, except the medicals are PASSED.
I will have to review everything when I get home from work but really I don't see much information. At the end of the file it summarizes our relationship (first marriage, 3 yr age difference, daughter together, our proofs and travel to see each other) and says transferred to an officer for review. Does that mean thy are determining eligibility or if we need an interview?
I didn't expect much from the notes and I didn't get much! Worth the 5$!

Hope everyone else is good.
Same as mine. It means that your file is being sent to a more senior office, who will make the final decision on whether he believes your case is genuine (and will issue PPR) or if he has questions/concerns (and will call for an interview). That's the same as mine... My notes have said that since January and I haven't heard anything yet. :'(

The senior officer will read the summary that the less senior office (haha) typed up, will probably quickly look at some of your proofs like pictures and stuff, and determine if you need interview/meds/police certs redone and then will make a decision or request interview or whatever else might be needed. Hopefully - just PPR!

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
MissDominica said:
Same as mine. It means that your file is being sent to a more senior office, who will make the final decision on whether he believes your case is genuine (and will issue PPR) or if he has questions/concerns (and will call for an interview). That's the same as mine... My notes have said that since January and I haven't heard anything yet. :'(

The senior officer will read the summary that the less senior office (haha) typed up, will probably quickly look at some of your proofs like pictures and stuff, and determine if you need interview/meds/police certs redone and then will make a decision or request interview or whatever else might be needed. Hopefully - just PPR!

Well I guess that is good and bad news. I was just re-reading the notes and it says 'everything looks okay' (kinda thought that was weird language) and requires Canada checks and ARC because 1 yr exclusion order not up. Looks like we are in this for the long haul... Wait I already knew that... We are dealing with POS. Guess I will go ahead and book my flight cause nothing is happening anytime soon.

The person writing the notes also said appears to be in a long relationship, 3+ yrs and many pictures of couple at various stages in relationship. Pictures appear real, not altered or staged.

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Hi Behopeful,

Wow nothing is started? How did u apply for ur notes online? Did the notes say how long it was transferred to senior officer?

'everything looks okay' is very weird language indeed.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Reply: Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

MissDominica said:
Congrats on AOR!
Thanks Miss D. It will be interesting to see if I get any kind of follow up letter (via e-mail) from them. From what I've read on the forum (in addition to one of your prior answers to an earlier post of mine :)) some folks do get that along with another file number. Either way, this will tide me over until the fall when I will order our first set of notes.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

fromadistance said:
Yay! Congrats CdnandTrini
Thanks FAD, one more exhale along the journey :)

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

Behopeful said:
MissDominica said:

Well I guess that is good and bad news. I was just re-reading the notes and it says 'everything looks okay' (kinda thought that was weird language) and requires Canada checks and ARC because 1 yr exclusion order not up. Looks like we are in this for the long haul... Wait I already knew that... We are dealing with POS. Guess I will go ahead and book my flight cause nothing is happening anytime soon.

The person writing the notes also said appears to be in a long relationship, 3+ yrs and many pictures of couple at various stages in relationship. Pictures appear real, not altered or staged.
Hello Behopeful it certainly sounds like your notes are very positive. Booking a flight is always a good idea as it gives us something to look forward to. Prices are not bad right now if you don't mind the "red-eye" on WestJet. :)

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
Hello again everyone!

First and foremost, congrats to CdnandTrini for getting a reply from POS and also on receiving your AOR. What great news... One step closer to the end. Congrats!

Not much else to say about the notes. It seems the file was reviewed by an IO in middle to late May and that is when the summary notes were completed. From the notes it doesn't seem like there is concern, but will wait and see.
FAD: I ordered my notes online. Fairly simple process. It appears there has been very little done in my file, however I think genuiness of our relationship needs to be decided before going to the next step.
I noticed for the medicals it says 'passed' and validity in until January 25/14 which is nearly 2 months after our initial medical was completed. So perhaps the year expiry is from when they were passed and not from completion day. Anyone else notice this?
Anyway, trying to stay as positive as I can. MissD what are your plans going forth? Wait and see? I guess there is little that can be done to get a senior IO to look at the file. I feel like sending a CSE but maybe should just sit and wait.

Have a good night. I'm thankful for all the people here and all the support. Thank you to everyone.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

Behopeful said:
Hello again everyone!

First and foremost, congrats to CdnandTrini for getting a reply from POS and also on receiving your AOR. What great news... One step closer to the end. Congrats!

Not much else to say about the notes. It seems the file was reviewed by an IO in middle to late May and that is when the summary notes were completed. From the notes it doesn't seem like there is concern, but will wait and see.
FAD: I ordered my notes online. Fairly simple process. It appears there has been very little done in my file, however I think genuiness of our relationship needs to be decided before going to the next step.
I noticed for the medicals it says 'passed' and validity in until January 25/14 which is nearly 2 months after our initial medical was completed. So perhaps the year expiry is from when they were passed and not from completion day. Anyone else notice this?
Anyway, trying to stay as positive as I can. MissD what are your plans going forth? Wait and see? I guess there is little that can be done to get a senior IO to look at the file. I feel like sending a CSE but maybe should just sit and wait.

Have a good night. I'm thankful for all the people here and all the support. Thank you to everyone.
Thanks behopeful and I am going to claim right now on the promises of God -no interview for your hubby!!! It sounds to me like they have already determined that your relationship is genuine. Also the VOs are allowed to extend the medicals themselves now, for up to 15 months past the original deadline if they can see that all of the other steps will be processed by the time they want to issue the PPR. So in my humble opinion, it all looks like good news. Good news until proven otherwise!! :D

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
Re: Reply: Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

CdnandTrini said:
Thanks behopeful and I am going to claim right now on the promises of God -no interview for your hubby!!! It sound to me like they have already determined that your relationship is genuine. Also the VOs are allowed to extend the medicals themselves now, for up to 15 months past the original deadline if they can see that all of the other steps will be processed by the time they want issue the PPR. So in my humble opinion, it all looks like good news. Good news until proven otherwise!! :D
Thanks CdnandTrini! I woke up with a smile on my face this morning. I'm happy that the file has at least been reviewed at this point and hopefully things keep processing. I would be glad for no interview. The notes didn't seem to really identify any concerns... Just age difference of 3 yrs (don't see that as a problem) and that he is Catholic but I'm not of any religious background (really not a big deal).
Anyways, I'm staying positive and any day I get through before 19 months is in my favour! Enjoy the day everyone!

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Behopeful said:
Hello again everyone!

Hey! So I wrote a huge long reply to this as I was walking to the clinic this morning... and my phone deleted it. Ugh.

Basically, congrats on the notes! They seem to be positive and it does not look like they have any major concerns. Mine were similar, as the only concerns were cultural difference (can't help where we were born!) and educational difference (as I'm in medical school). It may buy us an interview, but we did our best to let the VO know in our application that we didn't care about our differences like that and that it was actually kind of refreshing! LOL. We compliment each other. It's crazy how fast that big description the VO writes is finished once your file gets to POS. I would think that it would take a long time for some VO to go through every piece of paper we sent and summarize it. But it seems to happen fairly early. It seems the LONG wait is more waiting for a senior officer to review those notes and for background checks. I believe that what the VO writes in that summary has a lot to do with whether the senior officer a) calls your for an interview/closely scrutinizes your application vs. b) sees a positive summary and just takes a look at important parts of your application/proofs and sends your application to background checks and PPR. So I think it's a very good sign for you (and hopefully me too!)

As for what I will do for now, I don't think there's much I can do. I sent a CSE once I found out my file was sent to a office for review 6 MONTHS ago and I haven't heard anything yet. They just responded telling me it was with the officer and I had to wait. So I wouldn't bother sending CSE as you will likely get the same response (they won't tell you what the officer is doing/waiting for/of if he or she has even touched it yet) and since you're behind me, likely they may or may not respond yet. I'm going to keep ordering my notes every month or every 2 months to see what progress has been made, if any. It would be interesting to see things appear as time goes on! However, if I keep ordering them and seeing nothing happen, I might stop, as that would be depressing!

Right now I'm sitting at almost a year since we filed our application, so I'm really hoping there won't be that many months LEFT before we hear from them and I won't have to order too many notes hehe. Fingers crossed.

It's kind of weird. I went through a phase of massive depression the last little while because it was taking longer than I thought/nothing was happening/I'm almost 30 and just want to start my life with my hubby, why am I being denied that basic right!? And I figured as time went on, I would get more and more depressed. But as you near what you "expect" will be the time when you should hear SOMETHING (realistically 10-12 months), you 1) go crazy again just like at the start of the process, checking email every 2 minutes, checking e-cas, analyzing every detail BUT 2) start to feel HOPEFUL that your day to be together is really close. So while I'm READY to be done this whole process and depressed I'm still in it, I'm feeling more hopeful everyday because I know one of these mornings I will check my email and get a big surprise and that's a good feeling.

Much love to everyone here and I hope next week brings good news for all of us!

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

MissDominica said:
Hey! So I wrote a huge long reply to this as I was walking to the clinic this morning... and my phone deleted it. Ugh.

Basically, congrats on the notes! They seem to be positive and it does not look like they have any major concerns. Mine were similar, as the only concerns were cultural difference (can't help where we were born!) and educational difference (as I'm in medical school). It may buy us an interview, but we did our best to let the VO know in our application that we didn't care about our differences like that and that it was actually kind of refreshing! LOL. We compliment each other. It's crazy how fast that big description the VO writes is finished once your file gets to POS. I would think that it would take a long time for some VO to go through every piece of paper we sent and summarize it. But it seems to happen fairly early. It seems the LONG wait is more waiting for a senior officer to review those notes and for background checks. I believe that what the VO writes in that summary has a lot to do with whether the senior officer a) calls your for an interview/closely scrutinizes your application vs. b) sees a positive summary and just takes a look at important parts of your application/proofs and sends your application to background checks and PPR. So I think it's a very good sign for you (and hopefully me too!)

As for what I will do for now, I don't think there's much I can do. I sent a CSE once I found out my file was sent to a office for review 6 MONTHS ago and I haven't heard anything yet. They just responded telling me it was with the officer and I had to wait. So I wouldn't bother sending CSE as you will likely get the same response (they won't tell you what the officer is doing/waiting for/of if he or she has even touched it yet) and since you're behind me, likely they may or may not respond yet. I'm going to keep ordering my notes every month or every 2 months to see what progress has been made, if any. It would be interesting to see things appear as time goes on! However, if I keep ordering them and seeing nothing happen, I might stop, as that would be depressing!

Right now I'm sitting at almost a year since we filed our application, so I'm really hoping there won't be that many months LEFT before we hear from them and I won't have to order too many notes hehe. Fingers crossed.

It's kind of weird. I went through a phase of massive depression the last little while because it was taking longer than I thought/nothing was happening/I'm almost 30 and just want to start my life with my hubby, why am I being denied that basic right!? And I figured as time went on, I would get more and more depressed. But as you near what you "expect" will be the time when you should hear SOMETHING (realistically 10-12 months), you 1) go crazy again just like at the start of the process, checking email every 2 minutes, checking e-cas, analyzing every detail BUT 2) start to feel HOPEFUL that your day to be together is really close. So while I'm READY to be done this whole process and depressed I'm still in it, I'm feeling more hopeful everyday because I know one of these mornings I will check my email and get a big surprise and that's a good feeling.

Much love to everyone here and I hope next week brings good news for all of us!
Well said Miss D. Hope gets us through many hardships in life. You are approaching the final lap of a marathon so your adrenaline will kick in and get you across the finish line!! Have a great weekend.