Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2011
Oh god, I really do pray nothing happens to Haiti or no blasted other islands.......

I'm still waiting... POS seems quiet for real, wait; quiet news is the good news right?? ...lol

Happy pre-Diwali to my hindu family in hereee :D

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
HAPPY DIWALI EVERYONE!!!

GTWifey

Star Member
May 24, 2010
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 27TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
confusednscared said:
processing time decreased from 17 to 15 months now :S
Thats great news!

I woke up this morning and noticed a news 'update' about CIC-POS on facebook. It was posted by a demerarawaves.com.

Sad story, but heres evidence that the POS immigration office is busy. . .

SEVERAL Guyanese nationals, believed to be illegally in the country and who were currently residing in the Aranjuez area, were on Monday night detained by officers of the Immigration Department in the Trinidad Newsday newspaper reported recently.

According to sources, a party of officers from the Immigration Department went to a house at Satar Street and arrested several Guyanese nationals. The exercise occurred at about 7 pm.

Newsday was told by police sources of the Northern Division that they “found it strange” that they were not officially informed of the exercise and were not asked to accompany the Immigration Officers on the exercise.

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
GT i think its TNT Immigration officers and does not have anything to do with the Canadian Embassy as they were illegal in TNT.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Yea, same here. I think you have mistaken TNT Immigration for Canadian Immigration.

Thanks for the post. I don't 100% support illegal immigration unless I can come to understand a person's story, reasons for fleeing their homeland and overall life circumstance/s.

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
confused my e-cas is still not working with my id number.so now its been like two and half months since they had my file (they got it in August 10.) and why no update. i feel i get a lazy good fur nuthing officer lol.

GTWifey

Star Member
May 24, 2010
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 27TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
Ok, I thought they all worked simultaneously down there. I copied and pasted the story directly from the website. At this point, the whole immigration process in Trinidad confuses me!

After our file was sent to Trinidad, everything became so murky. With no clarity or direction, its been 7 months since we started this process. My husband hasnt even received an AOR from Port of Spain. I have not received a response to my inquiry either. (Although I received an email from CIC stating that POS would get back to me in 28 days).

I'm amazed at how some files are processed so quickly (even in the most notorious countries with absurd timelines), and other files take forever to finalize. SheeeShhhhhhh! :mad:

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Hey guys,

I am beginning to think it's slowly getting to B****ing season for everyone going through POS right now. I haven't heard anything from my VO since my interview and I am beginning to get sooooo blasted worried as to why de rass dem ah tek forever.

Honey, I guess they haven't entered your information into their online database but that shouldn't discourage you that nothing is going on with your file. It's still being processed and by "processed" I mean sitting in some dark room building up clusters of dust.

GT, I would start looking into getting my CAIPS notes to see what the hell is happening with my file.

If you look on CIC's website now they have one standard processing time for all applications. There is no longer the 20%, 50%, 70%, etc, of cases that are processed at different times.

I guess CIC has definitely changed up their policies now and I am beginning to think they are sending a message out to applicants that we must wait until that time stated on their website in order for your application to be processed. IOW, 15 months for POS.

Nov 8, 2010
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2009
File Transfer...
04-02-2010
Med's Request
with applicication
Interview........
Approved
Passport Req..
Dec/2010
VISA ISSUED...
feb/2011
LANDED..........
feb/2011
Hello To Everyone......

Let me first of all say I thank God for you guys for sharing what you guys are or were going through with the Port of Spain Office....

I too had have had some challenging times with them but its only God who is keeping me right now....

My history is I was born in Canada and I meet my husband about 4 years ago. He is from St. Lucia We got married in 2008 he basically
came to Canada in "2004" and has overstayed is time. After we got married we decided to put in his sponsorhip application. Before it
was put in he was detained and was at Rexdale holding Center. He was released the next day on a $2000 bond which I provided. With our first meeting with the Immigration officer I told him that I will be sponsoring him and was waiting for some additional info....

Anyways the immigration officer said he will give us some time to submit in the In Canada Application. I got all the required documents
and submitted it in. The second Interview with the immigration officer he told us that even though everything was submitted in we missed the dead line by one day...(I asked him where does it state that in our agreement he said it was an internal thing)...

Anyways to make a long story short I end up hiring a Representative who was excellent.... He educated us on the process for he use to
work in their.....and told us to pull the the In Canada Application and make him go home and we will do an overseas application for the process is faster. So that is what we did. While he was in Canada the application was submitted. Then we filled out a PRRA. that was
just to buy some time for him to still be in Canada but we all knew that it would of been rejected. My husband was then ordered to
to leave by End of Jan/2010.

My husband bought his own ticket to go home. Feb/10 my husband application was received from POS. also his medical...Aug/10 was
his interview. Where I went with him to Trinidad he was in their for almost 2hrs. When he came out I spoke to the Interview officer who
told me that they have no concerns with our relationship and handed him everything back (pics,basically what we sent in).....

Before my husbands interview we received a letter stating that things they required for the interview....So I packaged it up neatly and gave it to my husband to give them....

My husband had to do an ARC to come back before the year. They also requested to pay the Landing fees of $490. Everthing has been paid and processed. And now we are just waiting.....

But what I have learned from this experience is to be persistance.....And also know that providing more is actually better. When POS receives your application they file it away for three month because they want to know what is being done in the relationship with three month.... I was told by my rep to visit my husband. And I did I also send him money on a bi-weekly basis. As well I put credit on his phone through digicel top up. they send me email confirmation. cause it goes on my credit card so I had receipts.... So even though we use calling cards to call each other and their is no proof you have the digicel top-up as proof. As well if your workplace has benefits
add your spouse to it and provide proof. If their is Life insurance show proof that your spouse is listed beneificary...

When my husband had is interview they requested theses things and its a good thing I keep copies of everything... They basically wanted proof that I am supporting my husband. and they wanted boarding passes that I visit him... but when they seen I was their
with him to know that I travelled from Canada to Trinidad then going back on a plane to go to St Lucia. They were more surprised...(Oh and another thing send a barrel to your spouse things like that) sometimes its the little things....I am no expert or nothing like that but the best advice you can give is to be honest in the interivew if you are not sure of a question they ask do not guess. I told my husband to be honest... They may try to trick you in questions (here is an example. I have kids and none are for my husband, but their name is on the application for their are his step kids...So they asked him "do you have any kids" and he said "yes I have step kids and he told them their names..."he could of said NO because technically he does not have....but they were just watching out for his reaction and how he would answer.....)(another one "have you ever been in problems with the police?...he said.."No but their was a time when I was
arrested and detained for overstaying...blah blah blah...then you talk about the incident but then say you were never criminally charged so their is no record..." I was married before and I told my husband his name but you know men...very forgetful I told him that they will ask questions about him and I said if you do no remember his name do not guess just be honest and say you don't remember... Sure enought they asked about my ex-husband.../They asked if I was ever married and he said yes then they asked what was his name then he said he does not remember..Just so longs they know the basics of the ex-spouse...

I wonder does anyone know how they contact when you need send in the passport is it by mail of phone????

Star apple

Nov 8, 2010
Hi

I'm new to the forum & I wanted to know what I should do in this case, my husband has received a letter from Port of Spain stating that his file is in process & if he needs to forward anymore info he can do so by including his file # that can be found at the top of this letter. However his file # was not included in the letter & I had sent an email to them indicating that & provided my client ID # with his info included and yet still it has been over a month and they have not responded by email or by mail. What should I do?

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
wow...we have newbies! Thanks for sharing all the info with us :) Keeping Faith IN God. :)
Star apple...well i think you should refer to your old email..point out that 28 days has since elapsed and that you are requesting the B file number.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Welcome aboard newbies. It's always good to extend the forum family so we all can get better processing ideas.

@ Keep the faith, WOW, that was quite some detail and I thank you for sharing it with you. My story is somewhat similar except that I was never detained but I was a refugee and everything failed for me, hence, my being deported. So, has your hubby's ARC been approved? I think it takes them about 6 weeks alone to process the landing fee and ARC can take anywhere between 2-6 weeks as well. Is his medical up to date in his file? You have to take all these little factors into consideration. If you had your interview in August and I am assuming you paid your landing fee, it would have taken the VO somewhere into mid September. Then there is the ARC which apparently is a pain in the arse for them to do according to my VO at my interview. So that alone would add an additional month or two to the processing. I think you are somewhat still within normal processing according to POS. Oh, I forgot to mention background checks. That can take a little time and seeing that your hubby was detained in Canada they may very well want to dig a bit deeper to make certain he is not a criminal of any sort.

In terms of getting correspondence from the office, it really depends on your IO. Sometimes they contact you via email that is on your file or they send a letter out. I believe my IO does it the old school way in which he sends out a letter. Still I am waiting to get something in the mail because my next Bring Forward Date on my file is ending of this month. Also, I am waiting on them to send my ARC request to pay my darn 400 bucks. I think I may have to cancel out the holidays and very well look into January.

@ Star apple, my only best advice to you is to sit patiently and wait hoping that each day will bring some news. POS is by far the lamest office ever when it comes to this immigration hoopla.

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
wow...we seem to be having quite a lull in the pos visa officer eh..no body had any news for like a month now? i really wondering if god forbid..somebody resign or something...my next notification to them is in December...also contemplating if to again send in additional information. I don't know what is taking these people so long...i wanna so be with hubby... :(

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Same here stressed .... arggghhssss at this office .....