+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Port of Entry"

Sphexi

May 5, 2006
I've been approved for PR, have my Visa and my Confirmation paperwork, my only question is what is a "Port of Entry"? I kinda figured that it was wherever I happened to enter the country, but I'm moving to Victoria, and their airport is fairly small. I'm just curious if I can fly straight to Victoria, and have the entry questioning done there, or if I have to go to a bigger airport, like Vancouver.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Sphexi said:
I've been approved for PR, have my Visa and my Confirmation paperwork, my only question is what is a "Port of Entry"? I kinda figured that it was wherever I happened to enter the country, but I'm moving to Victoria, and their airport is fairly small. I'm just curious if I can fly straight to Victoria, and have the entry questioning done there, or if I have to go to a bigger airport, like Vancouver.
Any airport that has direct internationa flights will have Immigration. There are very few direct flights to Victoria other than Seattle that don't stop in Vancouver first, where you would be "landed"

PMM

BCbound

Star Member
Jan 4, 2005
Another way to put it would be that you can't get into Canada without going through Immigration and Customs. So there is no need to worry however you travel.

We are in BC in Osoyoos. When we got my wife's visa, we just drove 3 miles to the border, crossed into the US, literally did a u-turn and drove back into Canada and landed her. Took all of 10 minutes Sphexi. :)