+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port of entry...refused PR

simba123

Jul 27, 2011
???PLEASE PLEASE !!!! I need your help!!!!this is what happend My BF recently get PR....to get it he has to com back to his home country and get it..in the embassy everithing went smoothly and they gave him a letter that everything is approuved //you just need to cross the border...so in his home country we got merried(i am also citezen of another country) so we got the merriage cetrificat and everythhing went nice....BUT....on the way ....at the port of entry officer asked him a quations about the marriage....so he said that he just recently marriade...

OFFICER TOOK ALL HIS DOCS and instead of PR card he gave him REGULAR WORK PERMIT!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE tell me whats going on..........

is it illigal to get marriade during process of PR?????????????????? :(

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
While it is legal to marry during PR process but your boyfriend should tell CIC he is married BEFORE he cross the border.

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He should eventually get his PR Card but first, he has to submit paper work for you. If your background check and medicals check out OK then you both get PR.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
To answer your "what's going on" question...

What the officer did was correct. Your boyfriend's PR visa was no longer valid because is was issued when he was single and now he's married. He should have returned the PR visa after you married, notified the visa office about this change in status and submitted PR paperwork for you.

He should try to submit your paperwork to the visa office as soon as possible along with a letter explaining that his status has changed.

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC expects your life to freeze from the time you apply until when you land. Welcome to the world of immigrants.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you read the paperwork, you see that they instruct you to notify them of any changes in your family composition BEFORE you land.

What happened with your boyfriend is that when he applied for the PR visa, he was single. The PR visa was issued for him as a single man. When he got married before landing, his family composition changed and his PR visa became invalid. What he should have done was to tell the embassy before landing that he wants to marry and he wants to add his wife to his application. Or another option, land first and get married later.

Now he will need to contact the embassy in his home country and ask them if his PR is still open and if he can add you to his file and get his visa re-issued and a visa for you too. If they say no, the file is closed, he will have to apply for PR again but then both of you will be on the application from the start.

simba123

Jul 27, 2011
((((( O M G!!!! if we knew before what might happend .........But how do you think might be they just will give him ONLY him his PR???

i dont want to apply for that PR.....he the one who really need it....he has been waiting 3 years and now..almost get it....and REFUSED!!!!!!!!!??

so you telling me we had to start all over again?????

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simba123 said:
((((( O M G!!!! if we knew before what might happend .........But how do you think might be they just will give him ONLY him his PR???

i dont want to apply for that PR.....he the one who really need it....he has been waiting 3 years and now..almost get it....and REFUSED!!!!!!!!!??

so you telling me we had to start all over again?????
He needs to contact the embassy in his home country and ask them if his PR is still open.
If it is not, he will need to start all over again - with you included in the appplication.

simba123

Jul 27, 2011
((( The officer told him that they will give him a call....but i guess he should call there by himcelf...or even make an appointment if its possble.

This is so REDICOULOUS....LOST pr status because of this merrage.....i didnt even had intantion to recived PR like this....
how do you think if we right explanation letter saying that i am not applying for PR though him as my hussband????

P.S. Thank you soo much for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!! this days all ours family really stressed because of this.....

simba123

Jul 27, 2011
we are both made the most STUPED thing......to be honest guyes i dont care about my status ....but he was working so hard to get it .....and he ALMOST GOT IT......and now we had to start evrything all over again.....its very very sad!!!!!((((((((((i had a hope that might be he got PR only for himself...not mantiond myself......all the plans are BROKED now......(((((((((((((((((((

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To be fair the fact that changes have to be notified to CIC is in the documentation provided.

It is also mentioned on the passport request document that CIC sends out.
It states:

"If your family composition has changed (e,g. by marriage, divorce,birth, death), you must tell us now".

Contact the embassy as soon as possible and explain what has happened, ask if the case is still open.

simba123

Jul 27, 2011
so yesterday after being 6 month waiting final decition my hussband recieved REFUSED OF PR!!!!!and they trying kick him of the country as long al he doesnt have a valid work permit.( was expired this month)

The slight error can make a big deal!!!now we 100% experienced it...

Thank you guyes for answering previous topics.

sttn

Dec 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
So what you guys going to do now? Is he coming to Ukraine or are you going to Sri Lanka?? There must be a way to re open the file and do an appeal against the decision.
simba123 said:
so yesterday after being 6 month waiting final decition my hussband recieved REFUSED OF PR!!!!!and they trying kick him of the country as long al he doesnt have a valid work permit.( was expired this month)

The slight error can make a big deal!!!now we 100% experienced it...

Thank you guyes for answering previous topics.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They have no grounds to appeal this. He committed misrepresentation by getting married before landing and not contacting the visa office to add his wife to his file. He can not undo that.

simba123

Jul 27, 2011
sttn said:
So what you guys going to do now? Is he coming to Ukraine or are you going to Sri Lanka?? There must be a way to re open the file and do an appeal against the decision.
OMG!!!! Looks like here is SOMEONE who very well knows our "case" ;)!!!!!By the way i didnt said that i am from ukraine )))))))))Now i only can guess who ARE YOU :) :D
This is what we exactly trying to appeal...Unfortunatly there is no hope at all!!!!!To clarify this i d say i am not DISSAPOINTED AT ALL!!! canada is NOT my dream country i live all my years without it and i will be happy in other country as well..so i DIDNT tend to get PR for myself.

Anyway one thing i only regret is to get THIS FREAKING documents he was WORKING very HARD.....he deserve to finally get this PR!!!!!!! and belive me i am saying it not because i am his wife...

i will say it once again..... it was UNINTENTIONALLY done...but there is no chance to prove it.