+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port of entry from US

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
R41(D)

41 Unless an authorization has been given under section 23 of the Act, an officer who examines a foreign national who is seeking to enter Canada from the United States shall direct them to return temporarily to the United States if

• (a) no officer is able to complete an examination;
  • (b) the Minister is not available to consider, under subsection 44(2) of the Act, a report prepared with respect to the person;
  • (c) an admissibility hearing cannot be held by the Immigration Division; or
  • (d) the foreign national is prohibited from entering Canada by an order or regulation made by the Governor in Council under the Emergencies Act or the Quarantine Act.

daytripper

Aug 19, 2020
Hello,

I tried getting my WP at the Queenston bridge. Unfortunately, I was denied and handed a white sheet with R41(D) section marked.
I am not exactly sure why I was denied but might because of 2 reasons.
1. Covid - 19
2. I hold an Indian Passport.
Covid cannot be a solid reason because I have work for an essential business and I had a letter from my employer.

Anyhow, If either of you are trying to get it done at a PoE. Go to any other bridge apart from Queenston.

I also wanted to put this out. A girl who came right after I parked at the PoE, had an approved work permit notice with a bar-code on it but was still denied entry.

Thank you and I hope this helps a little bit.
Thanks so much! It seems you were flagpolling - sorry it did not work. Good luck next time.
In my case I will be applying at the airport. I won’t be able to return to us though. Let us know when you succeed!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I tried getting my WP at the Queenston bridge. Unfortunately, I was denied and handed a white sheet with R41(D) section marked.
I am not exactly sure why I was denied but might because of 2 reasons.
1. Covid - 19
2. I hold an Indian Passport.
Covid cannot be a solid reason because I have work for an essential business and I had a letter from my employer.

Anyhow, If either of you are trying to get it done at a PoE. Go to any other bridge apart from Queenston.

I also wanted to put this out. A girl who came right after I parked at the PoE, had an approved work permit notice with a bar-code on it but was still denied entry.

Thank you and I hope this helps a little bit.
No flagpoling allowed at the moment. Not just an issue at that POE.

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
I was not flag poling.
I was moving to Canada from US.

I have:
1. Positive LMIA.
2. Essential business letter.
3. Plan for Quarantine.

Still denied.
I have a work permit approval letter issued in Dec 2019 for my ICT Visa and my employer wants me to move to Canada now as my US visa expired. Do you think I would have a chance based on my WP approval letter?I am not sure if you had one so curions. I plan to fly though

ajaybhattnagar

Aug 4, 2020
I have a work permit approval letter issued in Dec 2019 for my ICT Visa and my employer wants me to move to Canada now as my US visa expired. Do you think I would have a chance based on my WP approval letter?I am not sure if you had one so curions. I plan to fly though
Hello,
I saw a girl come right after I was denied. She had the same WP approval but she was denied as well.
In my case I had an essential business letter from my employer and was still denied.

If you have valid status in the US, I would say take the risk as this denial would not affect when you apply online. Plus I would recommend doing it at a PoE as you can easily drive back to US if denied (I hope that does not happen).

Please share your experience once you make it through the border.

Thank you

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
Hello,
I saw a girl come right after I was denied. She had the same WP approval but she was denied as well.
In my case I had an essential business letter from my employer and was still denied.

If you have valid status in the US, I would say take the risk as this denial would not affect when you apply online. Plus I would recommend doing it at a PoE as you can easily drive back to US if denied (I hope that does not happen).

Please share your experience once you make it through the border.

Thank you
I no longer have a valid status in the US so I am out of work till i am in USA . I thought I would try Canada else go back to India from Canada I guess as I can not re enter USA
The lady behind you might have not had a letter from employer or might have been flag polling, I would assume

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Following. Will be having no status in the US if denied, so can't return, so really anxious to know if anyone was able to enter successfully and what did they do to succeed.

It's good to get insights on why people with valid WPs were denied entry. I also plan to drive along with my family provided they're given visas, don't want to get in a awkward situation at the border when we can't go to Canada and can't return to the States. What do they do in this case? Detain and deport?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Most likely, whether you have status or not, you’ll be returned for CBP to deal with. It’s the US problem to deal with as you won’t be allowed entry to Canada. What happens from there is difficult to say, but if you are out of status, detention and deportation is quite likely.

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
Hey all, I flew to Canada from USA with my WP approval letter and passport, this letter was issued in Dec 2019 but my plans got delayed due to COVID. My spouse did not accompany me as she wanted to go back to India for a few months. I work in IT and process was smooth

Thanks for your inputs!

ajaybhattnagar

Aug 4, 2020
Hey all, I flew to Canada from USA with my WP approval letter and passport, this letter was issued in Dec 2019 but my plans got delayed due to COVID. My spouse did not accompany me as she wanted to go back to India for a few months. I work in IT and process was smooth

Thanks for your inputs!
Awesome, Glad to hear that you made it.

Did they stamp your passport on airport itself?
Also which airport did you land?

LP2020

Jul 6, 2020
Hi LP2020,
I will be flying into Canada very soon and was wondering if your experience was successful. THanks so much for updating!
hi yes it was successful, but it was risky. I made the trek with my husband after spending 2 nights in NY. However the immigration officer was difficult and said that he should only get his work permit if he is an “essential” worker which is not the case as per the Canada.ca guidance. She went to other officers who clearly said that he can get it. She came back to us and said he’s only getting it as he’s my husband and would be in Canada regardless. The discretion lies with the officers, who are sometimes ignorant so it is still quite a risk.