+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port of arrival

gloton

Jul 28, 2017
Quick question, should I apply for asylum at the same city where I arrived in Canada? Or after entering the country can I move by land to another city and request asylum there?

If I have a TRV and make a PoE claim, could I be sent back home from the PoE? If the CBSA officer determines I do not qualify, can I still visit the country? What happens to my TRV if I am declared as not qualifying?

Last edited:

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Quick question, should I apply for asylum at the same city where I arrived in Canada? Or after entering the country can I move by land to another city and request asylum there?
Your choice.

It's unlikely (IMO) that you would be sent home immediately. You may be detain until they determine your eligibility if they feel it's necessary. If you aren't eligible, you won't be allowed to visit and your TRV will be cancelled.

Reactions: gloton

gloton

Jul 28, 2017
Your choice.

It's unlikely (IMO) that you would be sent home immediately. You may be detain until they determine your eligibility if they feel it's necessary. If you aren't eligible, you won't be allowed to visit and your TRV will be cancelled.
Thanks a lot for kindly answering.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I would claim asylum as soon as possible when you arrive. If you arrive and wait a few weeks it may seem like claiming asylum is not urgent and your priority. If you are arriving by plane I would suggest claiming asylum at the airport.

Reactions: R.o.n.y and gloton

R.o.n.y

Aug 19, 2017
If he goes without any documents for example without passport and visa...and if he carries lot of pictures and videos that he has been tortured by people because of minority and they burnt his home....then what will happen to him

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If he goes without any documents for example without passport and visa...and if he carries lot of pictures and videos that he has been tortured by people because of minority and they burnt his home....then what will happen to him
It will create problems and delays because CIC needs to know who he is and be able to verify his identity. Background and security checks have to be completed as part of any refugee application. These cannot be complete if someone's identity isn't know. He needs to bring his passport or other identification that confirms who he is.

Reactions: R.o.n.y

R.o.n.y

Aug 19, 2017
One thing he has tried to get Trv for canada but refuged then he choose this way to be at airport by agency..sO far as u know at embassy they take biometric finger through this way

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
One won't get a visa in the first place, nor even make it into Canada, without a valid passport.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you come to the border without identification you will be placed in immigration jail. At least until they can figure out your true identity.