+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Verification

Sukhmeet

Jul 22, 2018
I did my PCC for india in June 2021 during TR to PR. I haven’t been to India since then. Is my PCC still acceptable or it is required to get it again. Considering I haven’t travelled internationally anywhere else.

Ananya9101

Star Member
Mar 13, 2023
I did my PCC for india in June 2021 during TR to PR. I haven’t been to India since then. Is my PCC still acceptable or it is required to get it again. Considering I haven’t travelled internationally anywhere else.
PCC is valid only for 6 months. After that, you will have to get a new PCC, doesn't matter if you haven't travelled international

Post-ITA

Mar 25, 2023
^ I don't think the above response is correct. PCCs should be valid if you haven't returned to that country, regardless of their issue date. Can someone please confirm?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
You can submit the PCC that you have, there is no need for a new PCC.

However, if required, IRCC will send you an ADR and can ask for a new one. They will give 30 days as well.

perseus_r

Star Member
Oct 19, 2022
Category........
FSW
For your current country of residence, the PCC must be issued no more than 6 months prior to the date you submitted the application. For any previous counties requiring PCCs, it must cover the last day of your residence in those countries (without an expiration date for those, I think)

Reactions: Ananya9101

Ananya9101

Star Member
Mar 13, 2023
^ I don't think the above response is correct. PCCs should be valid if you haven't returned to that country, regardless of their issue date. Can someone please confirm?
It's clearly mentioned on Indian consulate website as well that PCC shouldn't be prior to 6 months from the date of submission.
Even if you haven't returned to that country, then too, you are required to get a PCC done if date of issue is more than 6 months on the date of submission

Ananya9101

Star Member
Mar 13, 2023
You can submit the PCC that you have, there is no need for a new PCC.

However, if required, IRCC will send you an ADR and can ask for a new one. They will give 30 days as well.
Won't that delay the processing time for the applicant? Because PCC older than 6 months on the date of submission won't hold up in PR processing

Post-ITA

Mar 25, 2023
It's clearly mentioned on Indian consulate website as well that PCC shouldn't be prior to 6 months from the date of submission.
Even if you haven't returned to that country, then too, you are required to get a PCC done if date of issue is more than 6 months on the date of submission
it doesn't matter what indian consulate website says. Look at what IRCC says.

Ananya9101

Star Member
Mar 13, 2023
it doesn't matter what indian consulate website says. Look at what IRCC says.
For Indian PCC for Canada immigration, I am sure about the 6 months period. But one can surely try with a PCC older than 6 months and post if it works, it will be helpful to other applicants

Post-ITA

Mar 25, 2023
here is what IRCC says on its official website:

Date the certificate was issued
For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:

• must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
  • must not be expired
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Won't that delay the processing time for the applicant? Because PCC older than 6 months on the date of submission won't hold up in PR processing
If the applicant is in a different country right now other than home country, then older PCC of home country will still work and won't delay.