+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police verification not clear (India)

rollingpunjab

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Dear friends, I have query regarding my Indian police certificate. I applied at passport office chandigarh. Police verification was done at my home. But I have two addresses. One is my permanent address in chandigarh recorded on my passport. Other one is in Gurgaon, where my office is. However due to touring nature of my job I dint stay at my gurgaon address much. I stay at my permanent address (at chandigarh) more. Unaware of the facts I did not mention my gurgaon address in PCC application since all my address proofs are for my permanent chandigarh address.
After police verification, I see my status at PSK website that my "police verification is not clear. Application is under review at regional passport office".

Can someone help me out on this?

Anyone with similar experience or any information regarding the way the fastest way to get out of this trouble, please guide me.

Regards

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As you have given your Chandigarh address as permanent address and provided proof of address for Chandigarh, you should be fine.
Police don't know your Gurgaon address as you have not told them and there is no other way for them to find that.
So all verifications will go your Chandigarh address.

I guess there is some delay for some reason but from your side everything is OK.

lastly please wait for reply form senior members to confirm that.

rollingpunjab

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Well the police executive who came to my place kniws about my job as he knows my family. So may be he provided my job information in his report. That could be the possible reason. Even if verification has take place at my gurgaon address, do I need to apply afresh from gurgaon or same application can be used to trigger police verification at my gurgaon address.

Please guide

Regards

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As you have touring job you have not done anything wrong by giving Chandigarh as your current address.Now the police executive may know your office is in Gurgaon but he also knows that you have permanent address in Chandigarh which could be used for current address.
Second thing police will not go on its own to Gurgaon address as you have not mentioned that in application.

I would say 1st contact PSK to get an update about the issue for delay.
You can also visit local Police station where u stay in Chandigarh to get an update, mentioning that you applied for PCC and want to know whats the status.

But remember visiting the local police station has risks as they may ask you for bribe.

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is another link I found related to the issue-
http://www.onemint.com/2015/08/02/pcc-what-to-do-when-police-verification-is-not-clear/

sab_217

Oct 28, 2009
ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 AUG 2011
AOR Received.
11 NOV 2011
Med's Request
10 july 2013
Med's Done....
15 july
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26 july
VISA ISSUED...
8/Aug/2013
LANDED..........
My divorced wife has filed a complaint against me in India.
Now I am applying for PCC for immigration.
Where I have to submit my passport for pcc application to the consulate.

My question??
If my PCC is unclear, Is the Indian consulate going to hold my passport or return it??
or will they give me a paper of PCC clear or unclear??

If someone had come across this situation before plz answer

Thanks

Karminder warring

Apr 2, 2021
My divorced wife has filed a complaint against me in India.
Now I am applying for PCC for immigration.
Where I have to submit my passport for pcc application to the consulate.

My question??
If my PCC is unclear, Is the Indian consulate going to hold my passport or return it??
or will they give me a paper of PCC clear or unclear??

If someone had come across this situation before plz answer

Thanks
Hi dear how did u got solution for this can u reply?

sab_217

Oct 28, 2009
ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 AUG 2011
AOR Received.
11 NOV 2011
Med's Request
10 july 2013
Med's Done....
15 july
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26 july
VISA ISSUED...
8/Aug/2013
LANDED..........
I went to the Indian Consulate in Canada and applied for PCC. Thanks God! got it same day.

Priya_S

Aug 30, 2021
Hi dear how did u got solution for this can u reply?
Hi dear, are you going through the same problem, if yes, what did you do because me too have the same problem, i have under cec and now my husband filed a false FIR, i don't know what should I do, anyone has any solution plz reply, thankyou.