Police verification from Singapore

VijayAggarwal

Jun 25, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2016
Hi All,

I got Invitation letter from CIC and needed to submit my police verification documents. I had been in Singapore for more than 6 months.

I was checking on the process to obtain the COC http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/singapore.asp

and it mentions:

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?
Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from CIC to get a police certificate.”

CIC will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.

when do I get - COC letter of request from Citizenship and Immigration Canada, because getting CoC from Singapore will also take about a month.

Anyone has prior experience? any inputs are appreciated.

Thanks!!

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
if you have applied online, you will see a confirmation page after you submit your application, i've heard that some people used to obtain Singapore PCC.

Never applied myself, just passing on the info.

sam1181

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
VijayAggarwal said:
Hi All,

I got Invitation letter from CIC and needed to submit my police verification documents. I had been in Singapore for more than 6 months.

I was checking on the process to obtain the COC http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/singapore.asp

and it mentions:

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?
Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from CIC to get a police certificate.”

CIC will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.

when do I get - COC letter of request from Citizenship and Immigration Canada, because getting CoC from Singapore will also take about a month.

Anyone has prior experience? any inputs are appreciated.

Thanks!!

You can get the COC based upon ITA letter. If you need for your spouse, you can carry the personlized checklist to show the officer that your spouse also need Singapore COC. ITA letter will mention only your name. So hey would want to get a proof for your spouse in order to issue a COC.

Visit their office near outrum MRT. You can get more info about SIngapore COC from the following link:

http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/cert_issued.htm

It will take nearly 10 days to get the COC.

therat

Mar 20, 2016
I have been through getting the Singapore police certificate. When the EE process is at the point where they need your Singapore police certificate, you will get an email notification and there will be the letter that you need to take to the Singapore police (you do not need to submit your Singapore police certificate before this point, just wait for the notification). You just print it out and take it to the Singapore police. If you live outside Singapore, the process is also explained, you mail it to them or whatever. I was living outside Singapore at the time, but conveniently was back to visit, so I took the letter myself to the police department. I wasn't there long enough to collect the letter (I think they took 5-7 working days to issue), but no problem, they mailed it to my overseas address, it was pretty fast, I had it 2 weeks after I applied.

liambll

Mar 22, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Singapore?
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2016
LANDED..........
01-08-2016
therat said:
I have been through getting the Singapore police certificate. When the EE process is at the point where they need your Singapore police certificate, you will get an email notification and there will be the letter that you need to take to the Singapore police (you do not need to submit your Singapore police certificate before this point, just wait for the notification). You just print it out and take it to the Singapore police. If you live outside Singapore, the process is also explained, you mail it to them or whatever. I was living outside Singapore at the time, but conveniently was back to visit, so I took the letter myself to the police department. I wasn't there long enough to collect the letter (I think they took 5-7 working days to issue), but no problem, they mailed it to my overseas address, it was pretty fast, I had it 2 weeks after I applied.
Hi,
Just to check on your progress so far. Have you gotten your PR? How long after you submitted Singapore Police Certificate before your file is reviewed/read again by Immigration Office?

imarchuang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
HOPEFULLY NO
Nomination.....
HOPEFULLY SOON
AOR Received.
HOPEFULLY SOON
IELTS Request
SENT WITHIN APPLICATION
therat said:
I thought the Singapore PCC would be directly mailed to CIC, eh?

VijayAggarwal

Jun 25, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2016
Thanks everyone. I have submitted my docs now and waiting for letter request from CIC.

I uploaded a document stating: For Singapore Police verification, I require an official request letter from CIC to get a police certificate.

kurtrules

Star Member
May 6, 2016
Reviving this thread - I called up the COC office. They can provide the COC both for the principal applicant and the spouse based on ITA. However, on the CIC website it states that they will issue a request notification after submission for the COC. So do I simply go ahead and obtain and upload the COC or do choose the request notification route, and then obtain and upload.?

VijayAggarwal

Jun 25, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2016
Hello everyone,

I got letter from CIC today, requesting for COC from Singapore. I have mailed all the documents:

Appeal form, Application form, Finger prints, 2 photos, passport copy.

I will update you once I get an update from them.

jaymax

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-12-2016
I got my wife's COC from SG. The process is quite simple.

You need to attach the letter from CIC asking for the SG CoC.
Fill in the application form
Attach the appeal form ( dont miss this its important)
Attach fingerprints.
Attach a DD for 60 SGD.

They will mail you once the they receive the application and once its ready for dispatch.

VijayAggarwal

Jun 25, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2016
Hi Jaymax,
Few questions for you.

1) Was Singapore COC sent to you or to CIC directly (it says so on CIC website)

2) Also, did you have police verification from some other country as well? I had done police verification from India and I was wondering if I again need to merge
Police verification from Singapore with India (I had uploded Indian police verification earlier)

Thanks for your help

jaymax

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-12-2016
CoC is sent to the applicant not CIC
You will be asked to upload it as an Additional Doc

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Hi VijayAggarwal,

I can understand your confusion. It was the same for me - everywhere it is stated that COC will be sent directly to the requesting authority(CIC in our case) and I even remember filling out CIC Ottawa address in one of the forms submitted to Singapore COC dept. But, they sent the COC to my home address and I scanned it uploaded it to My CIC account.

I uploaded it on 4th April and still waiting for the next step.

Can anyone else who tell me, how long it takes once you submit the COC to getting PR approved?

Thanks,
K

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
Krubzee said:
Hi VijayAggarwal,

I can understand your confusion. It was the same for me - everywhere it is stated that COC will be sent directly to the requesting authority(CIC in our case) and I even remember filling out CIC Ottawa address in one of the forms submitted to Singapore COC dept. But, they sent the COC to my home address and I scanned it uploaded it to My CIC account.

I uploaded it on 4th April and still waiting for the next step.

Can anyone else who tell me, how long it takes once you submit the COC to getting PR approved?

Thanks,
K
It depends in which stage your file is. I submitted Singapore PCC for my wife on Jan 29. We got PPR on may 03.

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
nmeka said:
It depends in which stage your file is. I submitted Singapore PCC for my wife on Jan 29. We got PPR on may 03.
Thanks for your reply nmeka :)

Not sure, when you said "which stage your file is" Please see our timeline below and let me know if it helps.

Invitation received - 1st Jan 2016
Docs submitted - 2nd Feb 2016
Medical Passed - 19th Feb 2016
Request for Singapore COC - 25th Feb 2016
COC submitted - 4th April 2016

Regards,
K