+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police verification from Singapore

HiCan

Mar 29, 2017
I do not remember where I kept my NRIC/FIN card, probably I had returned it to my employer before leaving Singapore long time back.

For COC appeal, NRIC/FIN scanned copy is a mandatory document. Folks, please help if you dealt with similar situation.

madhouseontheshore

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-08-2017
Passport Req..
23-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2017
HiCan said:
I do not remember where I kept my NRIC/FIN card, probably I had returned it to my employer before leaving Singapore long time back.

For COC appeal, NRIC/FIN scanned copy is a mandatory document. Folks, please help if you dealt with similar situation.
Go through whatever documents you have, and try if you can find the EP approval document sent by Ministry of Manpower, Singapore. Luckily I had the scanned copies of my FIN card as well as the approval document itself. The scanned copies of front and back sides of FIN card are also mandatory requirement for appeal. Not to discourage you but you can't go past the login page if you don't have FIN number. Try contacting SFP by writing to them using their email address which must be mentioned somewhere on the site and explain them your scenario.

canada_eagle

Nov 17, 2016
madhouseontheshore said:
Go through whatever documents you have, and try if you can find the EP approval document sent by Ministry of Manpower, Singapore. Luckily I had the scanned copies of my FIN card as well as the approval document itself. The scanned copies of front and back sides of FIN card are also mandatory requirement for appeal. Not to discourage you but you can't go past the login page if you don't have FIN number. Try contacting SFP by writing to them using their email address which must be mentioned somewhere on the site and explain them your scenario.
Your FIC/NRIC number would be in your passport as a stamp.

HiCan

Mar 29, 2017
canada_eagle said:
Your FIC/NRIC number would be in your passport as a stamp.
Yes I scanned the stamp on my passport and attached it alongwith the COC appeal. That is the only FIN proof I have. Lets see how it goes ;)

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Hello HiCan,

Was your stay in Singapore continuous or with multiple in/outs during the EP duration? Did you go on visitor pass and then got the EP? Have you requested the COC for the whole duration or just during the EP?

Thank you!

HiCan

Mar 29, 2017
Pawshi said:
Hello HiCan,

Was your stay in Singapore continuous or with multiple in/outs during the EP duration? Did you go on visitor pass and then got the EP? Have you requested the COC for the whole duration or just during the EP?

Thank you!
I worked there 2 non-consecutive years. Both occasions, my EP was created upfront by my employer. In my appeal I provided 1st landing date to last departure date.

santoshreddyc

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
santoshreddyc said:
Hello Friends,

I received my AOR on Feb 06, and am still waiting for the letter from CIC to get the SG PCC. It's been 2 months. Is there anyone in my situation or is this normal?

I've already mentioned in LOE that I need an official letter from CIC to get the SG CIC.

Please suggest what can I do.
Reposting if anybody could advise.

HiCan

Mar 29, 2017
santoshreddyc said:
Reposting if anybody could advise.
Many on this forum, have suggested to go ahead with COC appeal using the ITA. But your case is little different that e-Apr is already submitted. May be you can call CIC and see if they can clarify

badz2

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VijayAggarwal said:
Hi All,

I got my Certificate of clearance today from Singapore.
I was there in Singapore at two occasions, however the problem is that they only mentioned one period in the certificate of clearance.

In my application I had specified both the entries.

Anyone experienced the same problem? and what should I do? Should I upload the Clearance certificate that I obtained to CIC
or request for another COC from Singapore?

I already sent them an email today telling them about my problem. But, I am scared that they might not reply soon and I might run into a risk of not uploading the correct document.

Thanks for your help.
hi,how did you resolve your issue?i have the same situation..in my pcc,the date does not cover my first landing (for leisure)..the only dates covered were my land as a temporary resident visa (s pass)

canada_eagle

Nov 17, 2016
HiCan said:
Yes I scanned the stamp on my passport and attached it alongwith the COC appeal. That is the only FIN proof I have. Lets see how it goes ;)
All the best. Do update the thread if the appeal is successful. Seems to take 1-2 working days. I am sure somebody else will be in a similar situation in the future.

santoshreddyc

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
HiCan said:
Many on this forum, have suggested to go ahead with COC appeal using the ITA. But your case is little different that e-Apr is already submitted. May be you can call CIC and see if they can clarify
Thanks Mate, I received the request letter today from CIC.

santoshreddyc

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
Friends,

Is there anyone who applied to COC recently.

Wessite - http://www.police.gov.sg/e-services/apply/certificate-of-clearance/appeal-by-non-singapore-citizens says below list of docs needed.

1 SingPass and/or Foreign Identification Number (FIN)
2 Scanned documentary proof indicating that a COC is required and for what purpose
•in pdf format not more than 2MB in size
•e.g. letter from embassy, overseas offer letter for employment/education, etc

3 Scanned biometric page of applicant’s valid passport
•front page with photo and particulars only

4 Scanned Identification Document (ID), front and back •in pdf format not more than 2MB in size
•e.g NRIC, Work Permit, etc

5 Scanned or digital passport-sized photograph
6 Valid Credit/Debit Card (VISA/MASTERCARD) or i-Banking account for online payment.
7 Original hardcopy fingerprint impressions (Optional)

FAQ's says below docs needed:
1) Scanned documentary proof indicating that a COC is required and for what purpose.
(such as letter from embassy, overseas offer letter for employment/education)
2) Scanned biometric page of applicant's valid passport.
(front page with photo and particulars only)
3) Scanned recent passport-sized photograph 3.5 cm by 4.5cm, borderless with a white background.
4) Valid Credit/Debit Card (VISA/MASTERCARD) or i-Banking account for online payment.
5) Original hardcopy fingerprint impressions

Almost same except 2 things, Singpass or FIN nbr & scanned ID doc.

I don't have my FIN scanned copies, so can I include In-Principle letter that I received from for EP?

And does below pointing to my Canada WP or Singapore WP?

4 Scanned Identification Document (ID), front and back

Can someone please give clarification for a smoother process.

Thanks in Advance.

HiCan

Mar 29, 2017
santoshreddyc said:
Friends,

Is there anyone who applied to COC recently.

Wessite - http://www.police.gov.sg/e-services/apply/certificate-of-clearance/appeal-by-non-singapore-citizens says below list of docs needed.

1 SingPass and/or Foreign Identification Number (FIN)
2 Scanned documentary proof indicating that a COC is required and for what purpose
•e.g. letter from embassy, overseas offer letter for employment/education, etc

3 Scanned biometric page of applicant’s valid passport
•front page with photo and particulars only

4 Scanned Identification Document (ID), front and back •in pdf format not more than 2MB in size

5 Scanned or digital passport-sized photograph
6 Valid Credit/Debit Card (VISA/MASTERCARD) or i-Banking account for online payment.
7 Original hardcopy fingerprint impressions (Optional)

FAQ's says below docs needed:
1) Scanned documentary proof indicating that a COC is required and for what purpose.
(such as letter from embassy, overseas offer letter for employment/education)
2) Scanned biometric page of applicant's valid passport.
(front page with photo and particulars only)
3) Scanned recent passport-sized photograph 3.5 cm by 4.5cm, borderless with a white background.
4) Valid Credit/Debit Card (VISA/MASTERCARD) or i-Banking account for online payment.
5) Original hardcopy fingerprint impressions

Almost same except 2 things, Singpass or FIN nbr & scanned ID doc.

I don't have my FIN scanned copies, so can I include In-Principle letter that I received from for EP?

And does below pointing to my Canada WP or Singapore WP?

4 Scanned Identification Document (ID), front and back

Can someone please give clarification for a smoother process.

Thanks in Advance.
I too didn't had the scanned FIN. So, I scanned the 'employment pass' stamped on my passports and uploaded in both front and back upload sections. I added a comment why I do not have the FIN copy and requested them to accept this as an alternative. Luckily, it worked for me and my appeal got accepted. :)

Since you have EP letter as well, you may try to upload it along with passport EP stamps. If in doubt, call the Singapore COC SPF office

santoshreddyc

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
HiCan said:
I too didn't had the scanned FIN. So, I scanned the 'employment pass' stamped on my passports and uploaded in both front and back upload sections. I added a comment why I do not have the FIN copy and requested them to accept this as an alternative. Luckily, it worked for me and my appeal got accepted. :)

Since you have EP letter as well, you may try to upload it along with passport EP stamps. If in doubt, call the Singapore COC SPF office
Thank u so much, am relaxed after this information :)

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Hi Madhouseontheshore, HiCan and Santoshreddy,

Though I am not the primary applicant, I am still contemplating to apply for the Singapore PCC without the letter from IRCC for the request. I will forward the ITA letter of my wife along with my document holder request showing my name. I will also forward my passport copy having my spouse name.

Could you please guide, what all information should be ready while filling the appeal form? I have the MoM letter, EP stamp on passport and FIN card.

May I request you to please update your cases on the progress?

Thank you,