+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police verification and Bank Balance

saajan

Dec 3, 2017
Dear All,

I'm an Indian currently working in Malaysia from May 2022. I have few doubts with regards (if getting ITA) to this scenario.

1. With regards to bank balance, as a pre-requisite, I should have mentioned balance. Should this balance be in my savings account in India or my account in Malaysia? Also, I'm married hence, me and my wife have created together the express entry profile, were my wife being the primary candidate. Should the balance reflect in her account or my account?

2. With regards to police verification, should I reach to Malaysia police for the Clearance certificate separately and then to Indian police for the stay till May 2022, or either one is sufficient?

Kindly provide your insight into this

Regards
Saajan

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
1. I don't think it matters in which country you hold the bank account as long as you can provide the documents for it required by IRCC. If your wife is the primary applicant, the funds will have to be in either a joint account or an account in her name. Otherwise you will need to provide notarised statement to confirm that she can use those funds. But it would be better if her name was on the account.

2. You have to provide PCC for every country in which you spent 6+ months in the last 10 years. If you're currently in Malaysia, you will need PCC issued no more than 6 months prior to your ITA. You will also need PCC from India which must be issued after the last 6-month period you spent there (so you can apply for it now).