+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Report from Mexico

C

cchabert

Keep reading this post and see what Susana mentioned, she lives in Edmonton too and she went to the Consulate in Calgary, you can send her a PM, hope this helps.

C

cchabert

PGR = Procuraduria General de la Republica

The Place where your friend needs to go in Mexico City

http://www.pgr.gob.mx/TransFoc/antecedentes%20registrales.asp

julchen_79

Star Member
Mar 4, 2008
Thank you!

I read the thread however all the postings in Spanish I do not understand. So I am not sure if they contain information for my case.

So if I understood it right for the "datos registrales " in Mexico City I need:

1) Three set of fingerprints (do they have to be translated??)
2) Certified copy of my visa for Canada (can they do that at the Consulate? )
3) The letter why I need it (that they would write at the consulate??)
4) 2 pictures (normal passport pictures??)
5) fee (how much is that??)
6) Power of attorney (could anyone provide me with a sample letter? )

For the one in Jalisco I need;

1) Copy of visa in Canada?
2) One more set of fingerprints?

Can anyone verify this?

Thanks so much!!!

C

cchabert

Use this link to translate the page:

http://translate.google.com/?hl=en#

Is not 100% accurate but I can said around 85 to 90 %

And your questions:

1.- Some said yes some said no, so I'll do it just to be on the safe side
2.- Yes they can
3.- The letter has to be write by the Consulate
4.- Yes normal passport Pics one of front and another one on the side
5.- The payment to PGR is only about $12 USD
6.- PM Susana

Jalisco:
1.- Official ID for your friend
2.- Nope

julchen_79

Star Member
Mar 4, 2008
Thank you so much.

One last question for now. For the one in Jalisco; will he need anything from me? I mean can he just go there and say "hey i would like a police certificate for my friend ?"

C

cchabert

He will need all the info from the list from you, you can send copies of passport but those ones have to be notarized by the consulate, also can you be more specific what kind of PCC CIC ask you? because there this PGR one and the one from the State that you use to live.

julchen_79

Star Member
Mar 4, 2008
All they said was

original police certifcate(s) for yourself from Mexico (with a certified translation into English or French if applicable)

I am still confused as how to obtain the State PCC - that would Jalisco in my case?

C

cchabert

Where you use to live in Mexico? Jalisco? so your friend need to go to the State City Hall and ask what do you need to send him to have the State one, it call in Spanish "Certificado de no antecedentes penales"

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Hi julchen_79
Tprocess is painful but 60 days should be enough.... I took 30 days to get the PCCs from Monterrey and Mexico City...

BTW I am NOT Mexican but I happened to work there for 11 months.... as a result CIC-NY requested PCC from Monterrey And Mexico City... since I did not have friends in Mexico I had to travel there to get them.... your friend should have no problems getting the document...

Good luck!!

Lucho

Jan 20, 2009
This is the official link for the requierements to get a police certificate in Jalisco if you have any questions with the translations let me know

http://cienciasforenses.jalisco.gob.mx/requisitos.html

Requisitos para obtener la Constancia de no Antecedentes
Para personas mayores de edad:
Presentar cualquiera de los siguientes documentos:

a) Credencial de elector
b) Licencia de conductor o chofer (vigente)
c) Pasaporte (vigente)
d) Cédula profesional
e) Cartilla o precartilla del Servicio Militar Nacional

En caso de no contar con ninguno de estos documentos o ser menor de edad, puedes presentarte con:
Acta de nacimiento certificada (original), acompañada de Certificado de estudios (primaria o secundaria) también original, sellada y con fotografía. O en su defecto, credencial vigente de la escuela a la que asiste.

Para obtener la Constancia de No Antecedentes de personas que se encuentran fuera del país se requiere de:
a) Forma decadactilar con la impresión de las huellas digitales de los 10 dedos, emitida por alguna autoridad de la localidad donde reside, firmada y sellada.
b) Dos fotografías tamaño credencial a color o blanco y negro.¨¨
c) Copia legible de identificación oficial, pasaporte, licencia de conducir, etc.
d) Comprobante de domicilio que puede ser recibo de pago de servicios de luz, agua, etc.

Nota: La realización de este trámite deberá ser mediante un familiar o conocido que resida en el Estado de Jalisco; toda vez que este H. Instituto no absorbe los gastos generados por el envío.

*El costo del formato es de $50.00, cincuenta pesos conforme a la Ley de Ingresos del Gobierno del Estado de Jalisco para el ejercicio Fiscal 2009.

[/i]

zygurn

Star Member
Dec 26, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2009
AOR Received.
09-06-2009
Med's Request
17-08-2009
Med's Done....
14-09-2009
Interview........
02-12-2008
Passport Req..
28-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2009
LANDED..........
10-03-2010
So I have gotten an email from CIC Guatemala telling me they sent a package to the local consulate requesting the police report from Mexico. I am confused cause after reading this topic and talking with the local mexican consulate, they seem to request different things from the ones stated in this topic. In a nut shell, do I have to go to PGR at Mexico City (I can't send someone on my behalf) or can this be done through the Mexican consulate? I lived in Monterrey so I have to go there too to get the State one? or can this be done by someone else on my behalf?

C

cchabert

zygurn said:
So I have gotten an email from CIC Guatemala telling me they sent a package to the local consulate requesting the police report from Mexico. I am confused cause after reading this topic and talking with the local mexican consulate, they seem to request different things from the ones stated in this topic. In a nut shell, do I have to go to PGR at Mexico City (I can't send someone on my behalf) or can this be done through the Mexican consulate? I lived in Monterrey so I have to go there too to get the State one? or can this be done by someone else on my behalf?
This is the link from CIC about the Mexican Police Reports

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/mexico.asp

There is 2 police reports that you may need:

1.- The State report from Monterrey

2.- The Federal report from Mexico City PGR

If you live in Monterrey you can have that one by your self, the one in Mexico City you can send somebody or going your self.

This is the link for PGR:

http://www.pgr.gob.mx/TransFoc/antecedentes%20registrales.asp

Cheers!

zygurn

Star Member
Dec 26, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2009
AOR Received.
09-06-2009
Med's Request
17-08-2009
Med's Done....
14-09-2009
Interview........
02-12-2008
Passport Req..
28-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2009
LANDED..........
10-03-2010
Thanks, I read both things before and this whole topic. I live in Honduras and got my B.Sc. in Monterrey, Mexico in 2003, perhaps I should have mentioned this earlier. The local mexican consulate says they can fetch me the one from the PGR but it may take 2 months, I'll request it on Monday and see how it goes, but the one from Monterrey can only be done by myself or someone can go on my behalf?