+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Report from Mexico

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
No, fingerprint doesn't need to be translated to Spanish, just the proof of residence abroad need to be translated in Spanish, if the person family member is getting it with the same last name then there is no need of proof of residence and of course the translation.

C

cchabert

NewYorker said:
No, fingerprint doesn't need to be translated to Spanish, just the proof of residence abroad need to be translated in Spanish, if the person family member is getting it with the same last name then there is no need of proof of residence and of course the translation.
So you just sent the fingerprints that you got at the police station with out translation?? The 3 of them?

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
I sent all of the following to get the letter of clearance from PGR;

1. 3 Set of fingerprints in English from US - no need of translation
2. Letter from Consulate telling PGR why fingerprinting is needed
3. Two Pictures, one sideways one straight (for male: no mustache, no beard no glasses: for female: no make-up, no jewelry no earrings etc, no smiling either.
4. Original Birth certificate issued this year
5. CURP (copy)
6. Proof of residence if in the US (must be translated in Spanish and must be certified) Can be any utility bill or bank statement on the person's name whose police report will be taken.
7. Power of attorney letter if someone is doing it for you in Mexico, if you are going by yourself then it is not needed. Power of attorney letter is a simple letter with two witnesses on the person's name in Mexico who will get the report for you, the witness must send their passport copy with this letter.

They will give you the PCC after 10 days are passed.

That's it - my laundry list has less items than this.

C

cchabert

Good! But still I have 2 questions about the papers:

1. 3 Set of fingerprints in English from US - no need of translation.- Did you take the fingerprints at the police station with ink? or take by the computer and print out the fingerprints? the reason is I have those 2 options here in GA.

2.- What did they ask you at the Consulate to give the letter?

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
When I went to the Mexican Consulate in Boston they told me that the fingerprints needed to be translated... I was so upset for such a silly requirement...
Anyway since I had to do request this document personally they took the fingerprints in Mexico...

After such a long, stressful and hectic process this weekend I traveled to Mexico to pick up the "constancia de antecendetes registrales"... and it just showed up my name... nothing else... no date of birth, passport number...
just wondering why they asked for so much crap if they don't even include my date of birth...

AHHH!!! and I had problems to travel back to US because they had some red flag on a guy with same name as mine... so I had to wait more than 20 minutes until hey review, review, and review all my documentation... funny when I entered to US I had no problem at all...!!!

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Yep, that is what they gave me, no finger prints attached to it and they took 3 sets, no DOB, no PP number just name and require tons of papers to get one piece of paper.

You are lucky at least you got it, now translate, certify and send.

BTW I sent the same fingerprints from FBI and never translated, I am not sure why consulate asked to translate them in Spanish - Lack of communication between their own governement units.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Thanks NewYorker...

me neither but definitely lack of communication..... evrytime I called the consulate or PGR they told me different things...

C

cchabert

Congratulations! But did they ask for it? or you just get it? Also did you get your medicals?

C

cchabert

Cool! Congratulations! now have a great vacation, nothing else to do but wait and wait. By the way the pictures for PGR did you found a place to take the Oval ones? or you just use a normal passport pic??

julchen_79

Star Member
Mar 4, 2008
Hello,

I need URGENT help. I am a German Citizen applying for permanent residence in Canada. My application is processed in Berlin and I just received a letter telling me I need to get my police certificates for Mexico (I was there as an exchange student for 184 days).

I cannot afford to fly to Mexico and I do not speak any spanish anymore. Best I can do is try an old friend from Guadalajara to go to Mexico City for me.

What exactly do I need to do?? HOw long will it take?? Berlin only gave me 60 days.

There is a consulate in Calagary where I can go and sign whatever documents needed to.

Please please help me.

Thank you...

julchen_79

Star Member
Mar 4, 2008
Hi,

I live in Edmonton. There is a consulate in Calgary that I can go to (I talked to the Embassy in Ottawa) But I need to know what to bring?? And if it needs to be translated into spanish or if english is fine.

Then I can take all this and send it to my friend in Guadalajara. I will then buy him a ticket to go to Mexico City and get the Police Certificate. This is such a mess. I just hope it goes fast and with no problems :-(

Dein Deutsch ist sehr sehr gut :)

Julie