+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

police record check help needed!!!

gidness

May 11, 2007
hi everyone,

could do with bit of help urgently here. i am a Uk citizen currently applying to join my common-law partner in canada. we sent off my application a few months ago and today i got back proof of my relationship with sponsor (letters/photos etc) and got back also a letter stating that the London office hadn't received my australian police record check. i had sent a cheque to australia (i was in oz for whole of 2005 for a working holiday visa) that affiliated with an aussie bank, and everything that was required for them to do the check and send the information back to London with an envelope i had even provided for them.

however London hasn't had anything back and when i try to email the aussie federal police the link doesn't work. i was in contact with someone from the AFP a while ago who went through the process for foreigners wanting to obtain an aussie record check but it hasn't worked. now i am just looking for ppl with experience/knowledge who would be able to help our situtation asap. as i need this check done asap before i go insane lol.

also does anyone know what stage of the application are background checks done? just very curious since they sent me back all our photos etc.

many thanks,

olly

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

gidness said:
hi everyone,

could do with bit of help urgently here. i am a Uk citizen currently applying to join my common-law partner in canada. we sent off my application a few months ago and today i got back proof of my relationship with sponsor (letters/photos etc) and got back also a letter stating that the London office hadn't received my australian police record check. i had sent a cheque to australia (i was in oz for whole of 2005 for a working holiday visa) that affiliated with an aussie bank, and everything that was required for them to do the check and send the information back to London with an envelope i had even provided for them.

however London hasn't had anything back and when i try to email the aussie federal police the link doesn't work. i was in contact with someone from the AFP a while ago who went through the process for foreigners wanting to obtain an aussie record check but it hasn't worked. now i am just looking for ppl with experience/knowledge who would be able to help our situtation asap. as i need this check done asap before i go insane lol.

also does anyone know what stage of the application are background checks done? just very curious since they sent me back all our photos etc.

many thanks,

olly
1. Did you send your fingerprints? If not you should have. Otherwise tell London that you did submit the prints and they may have been sent by the Australians to Sydney in error.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/australia.asp
2. It appears that they are close to finishing, just waiting for your Australian results.

PMM

gidness

May 11, 2007
hi pmm,

yeah i sent them the fingerprints and it does sound like they have sent it to sydney by accident. do u know if the medical is checked after the police record check or before? was getting pretty worried and just want this done and dusted but gonna be delayed for a few months now cos of this mix up.

cheers,

olly

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

gidness said:
hi pmm,

yeah i sent them the fingerprints and it does sound like they have sent it to sydney by accident. do u know if the medical is checked after the police record check or before? was getting pretty worried and just want this done and dusted but gonna be delayed for a few months now cos of this mix up.

cheers,

olly
If you did the medical upfront, then CHC receives the results in about 30 days after they are done.

PMM

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
Hi Olly

Try this email address for the AFP - it's the one they used to respond to my requests for information and they were very helpful.

Vetting@afp.gov.au

Hope that helps.

Apr 17, 2016
PR VIsa Denied

Hi can anyone tell me how long the process is after i appeal my husbands pr visa refusal? Should i hire a lawyer? The visa was refused as per the visa officers decision we dont have a genuine marriage and that my husband is only looking to come to canada for his gain.Please help?

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Re: PR VIsa Denied

Canadiandragonfly said:
Hi can anyone tell me how long the process is after i appeal my husbands pr visa refusal? Should i hire a lawyer? The visa was refused as per the visa officers decision we dont have a genuine marriage and that my husband is only looking to come to canada for his gain.Please help?
Youve posted in a thread from 2007. Try asking your questions in the appeal thread.