+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

police clearence.. share some info pls?

missxiinn

Oct 15, 2009
Do I submit my medicals n police clearence together with my PR application? or do i wait for their letter?

and also, i read on the cic website in order to apply for police clearence..i will need official request from the Canadian visa office to apply for it.. how can I get that before sending my application ? thanks

MrsCasanova

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
01-17-2010
Med's Request
10 - 07- 2009
Med's Done....
0 - 07 - 2009
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
01-17-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2011
LANDED..........
18-06-2011
for the criminal record check you have to wait til then send the forms to you, so you cant send it before

MrsCasanova

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
01-17-2010
Med's Request
10 - 07- 2009
Med's Done....
0 - 07 - 2009
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
01-17-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2011
LANDED..........
18-06-2011
i think so, i think our lawyer sent my hubby the application to do it, however his are now expired and he'll probably have to re do them, so i dont know what advise to give you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

missxiinn said:
Do I submit my medicals n police clearence together with my PR application? or do i wait for their letter?

and also, i read on the cic website in order to apply for police clearence..i will need official request from the Canadian visa office to apply for it.. how can I get that before sending my application ? thanks
For a family class spousal you include the Criminal Records checks with the application. There are only a couple of countries where you require a visa office to send you a letter. Hong Kong, Singapore come to mind. Check http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp to determine how to obtain them.

MrsCasanova

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
01-17-2010
Med's Request
10 - 07- 2009
Med's Done....
0 - 07 - 2009
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
01-17-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2011
LANDED..........
18-06-2011
PMM said:
Hi

For a family class spousal you include the Criminal Records checks with the application. There are only a couple of countries where you require a visa office to send you a letter. Hong Kong, Singapore come to mind. Check http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp to determine how to obtain them.
Yes that is the record check for that specific country, i meant if you lived in canada for at least 6 months and they require one from canada, then you have to wait for them to request it

missxiinn

Oct 15, 2009
PMM said:
Hi

Yes I understand i need a visa office to send me a letter. My problem is that I dont know where can I obtain the visa letter before submitting the application. Or do I have to wait for them to send it to me after submitting. I want to get thru this asap and the doubled time lines just make things worse :(

denoose

Jun 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 10, 2010
missxiinn said:
Yes I understand i need a visa office to send me a letter. My problem is that I dont know where can I obtain the visa letter before submitting the application. Or do I have to wait for them to send it to me after submitting. I want to get thru this asap and the doubled time lines just make things worse :(
This is the site the Canadian embassy gave my spouse to get her police clearance .
Dont know if it will help you . As follows
www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

Good luck

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
PMM said:
Hi

My husband is Thai so we might be applying through Singapore. We were able to get his Police Clearance from Bangkok without a letter issued from a visa office because we are going to send it in with the entire application shortly. Does that mean we have to do it again at a later date with a 'letter' from Singapore visa office?

denoose

Jun 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 10, 2010
thaihubbie said:
My husband is Thai so we might be applying through Singapore. We were able to get his Police Clearance from Bangkok without a letter issued from a visa office because we are going to send it in with the entire application shortly. Does that mean we have to do it again at a later date with a 'letter' from Singapore visa office?
This is Denoose' wife . May I ask if the Police Clearance came from the Police Clearance Services Center in Bangkok ? and was it in English ? if not then there is need to have the police clearance translate into English .

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
Hi the Police Clearance Report just arrived from Bangkok in English today. This is the second time that we have applied for one because the 3 month expiry date had passed on the first one. Again, I want to state that my husband got the Police Clearance without a request letter for one from Singapore. He simply applied for one stating he needed it for PR for Canada.
The Report States:
SPECIAL BRANCH
ROYAL THAI POLICE
BANGKOK, THAILAND
OCTOBER 29,2010
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
FOR THE CANADIAN EMBASSY ONLY
THIS IS TO CERTIFY THAT MR. XXXX OF THAI NATIONALITy PASSPORT XXXXX IS A PERSON WITH NO BEHAVIOR ENDANGERING THE PEACE AND ORDER OR THE SECURITY OF THE STATE
POLICE LIEUTENANT XXXX
My husband's picture and file number xxxxx
It is stamped with an official red stamp
Is this going to be satisfactory for CIC or is he going to have to get another police clearance at a later date upon specific request from the Visa processing office?

denoose

Jun 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 10, 2010
I think that will satisfy the Visa office where you are applying for . I have just sent my application for police clearance certificate yesterday and hopefully I can receive a reply from the Police center in Bangkok this month.