+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearence Certificate

PRforCanada

Mar 5, 2012
Hi,

I applied PCC for myself & spouse 2 months back to Indian consulate. I have recevied my PCC but for my spouse there is no news. Can anyone suggest if this process takes more than 2-3 months?
Is it fine if I send complete application package without spouse's PCC? Will they ask for it at later stage Or can reject the application?

Appreciate your input on the same.

Thanks!

sgtpr

Dec 31, 2011
Hi,

PCC is mandatory if you are including your spouse as well in the application. Since its mandatory, its better to wait for your spouse PCC as well and then submit it to avoid processing delays later.

If you are planning to sponsor your spouse later after you become PR, then PCC is not needed for your spouse.

Check with consulate by mentioning that you both have applied together and that you have received the PCC but your spouse has not.

Thanks
sgtpr

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Inquire with the consulate about your spouse's PCC, they may have missed it.

Your PCC cannot be older than 3 months at the time you submit your application. So I suggest waiting for your wife's PCC as long as possible, but unless you want to apply again for your PCC, you can go ahead and submit your application before your PCC expires. You can wait until you get your file number and then send your wife's PCC to add to the application.