+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearances from another country

ll0040

Mar 23, 2015
Hi there!,

I hope sb can help me to understand the following regarding processing time-police clearances.

When i submitted my application for PR under the inland sponsorship it said the following: Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No. Citizenship and Immigration Canada will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for a police certificate.

You must first submit your Application for Permanent Residence. The Canadian Embassy in Mexico will request a police certificate on your behalf after you provide all of the following...

Therefore, i only sent my Canadian police clearance with my application and i am waiting for the request to send the mexican.

i sent my sponsorship application on July 2014. The processing time For the 1st stage is 17 months :and 10 months for police/medical check.

Therefore: am i not gonna be able to have my DM, AIP and Landing status until the 27 months have passed (after they have taken 10 long months reviewing my Mexican police clearance)??????? :eek: :(

Can I contact the Embassy in Mexico and send the police clearance without waiting for CIC to send me the request letter?.

Many thanks

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You did not need to provide an RCMP clearance to CIC. Why did you think that you needed a police clearance from Canada?

Do the Mexican authorities need a letter from CIC before they will give you your PCC? If they do NOT, you should request your PCC from Mexico ASAP.

If you applied in July 2014, you probably have a few more months [ at least] to wait before your sponsor is approved and you (hopefully) get your AIP as well. CIC will then, likely send you a letter asking you to provide the PCC from Mexico, so you can just send a copy of that letter to the embassy in Mexico to get the PCC.

After CIC receives your PCC from Mexico...who knows how long it will take for them to render a decision on your application. It could be a month...a few months...or, maybe even 10 months.

Good luck!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ll0040 said:
Therefore, i only sent my Canadian police clearance with my application and i am waiting for the request to send the mexican.
As said above, you were not required to submit a Canadian PCC.

ll0040 said:
i sent my sponsorship application on July 2014. The processing time For the 1st stage is 17 months :and 10 months for police/medical check.

Therefore: am i not gonna be able to have my DM, AIP and Landing status until the 27 months have passed
1. The 10 month second stage is NOT just a review of the PCCs and the medical. Don't know where you came to that conclusion. Second stage include background checks, security checks etc.

2. AIP, Approval in Principal, is first stage approval, so you won't be waiting 27 months for it.

3. Most people wait the 27 months for DM, you are no different.

ll0040 said:
Can I contact the Embassy in Mexico and send the police clearance without waiting for CIC to send me the request letter?.
You cannot contact the Mexican embassy and do it yourself. They must have the request from CIC before they apply for the PCC on your behalf.

ll0040

Mar 23, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
As said above, you were not required to submit a Canadian PCC.

1. The 10 month second stage is NOT just a review of the PCCs and the medical. Don't know where you came to that conclusion. Second stage include background checks, security checks etc.

2. AIP, Approval in Principal, is first stage approval, so you won't be waiting 27 months for it.

3. Most people wait the 27 months for DM, you are no different.
You cannot contact the Mexican embassy and do it yourself. They must have the request from CIC before they apply for the PCC on your behalf.
Thank you for your time. I sent my PCC from Canada because I have been living in Canada for 5 years, so i thought it was from every country i have resided in. I am here under a PGWP.

However, I apologize if im slow but i just dont understand if I can send then my fingerprints and other documents directly to the embassy in Mexico without a CIC request, so when they request me the PCC I just send the request letter to the embassy by mail .

the instructions are: You must first submit your Application for Permanent Residence. The Canadian Embassy in Mexico will request a police certificate on your behalf after you provide all of the following:

Two sets of original fingerprints
In Canada: Contact a fingerprinting agency, or visit your local police station.
Three passport-size (4.5 cm × 3.5 cm) photographs of front profile (no makeup, earrings, glasses, or facial hair – no exceptions)
Three passport-size (4.5 cm × 3.5 cm) photographs of right profile (no makeup, earrings, glasses, or facial hair – no exceptions)
One clear, legible copy of your passport bio-page (with your picture and full name)
Quote your file number, your name, and date of birth.

Thank you in advance for your time

ll0040

Mar 23, 2015
Hello again, Thank you for your answer, it helped me a lot.

Sorry to bother, but this is confusing and I'd like to avoid delays, so:

I followed your advice and sent all my documents for my PCC to the Mexican embassy as instructed in CIC. The confusing part is that the instructions sound like if I have to wait for CIC to request the PCC and then I can send my papers to the mexican authorities along with that request letter.The PCC once its ready it goes directly to the corresponding CPC indicated in the request letter.

However, after your comment and apparently taking months for Mexico to give the PCC, i decided to send my papers today without having being requested them from CIC yet.

Do you think i needed to wait? I provided all the documents and file number, however, since I do not have the request by CIC they won't know what CPC needs to be sent I suppose.

Do you think this would be a problem?

Thank you again

Ponga said:
You did not need to provide an RCMP clearance to CIC. Why did you think that you needed a police clearance from Canada?

Do the Mexican authorities need a letter from CIC before they will give you your PCC? If they do NOT, you should request your PCC from Mexico ASAP.

If you applied in July 2014, you probably have a few more months [ at least] to wait before your sponsor is approved and you (hopefully) get your AIP as well. CIC will then, likely send you a letter asking you to provide the PCC from Mexico, so you can just send a copy of that letter to the embassy in Mexico to get the PCC.

After CIC receives your PCC from Mexico...who knows how long it will take for them to render a decision on your application. It could be a month...a few months...or, maybe even 10 months.

Good luck!

Lamarque

Nov 11, 2015
canada
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-05-2015
Doc's Request.
25-06-2021
AOR Received.
22-07-2015
Med's Request
6-04-2016
Med's Done....
18-04-2016
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
amigo solicitaste los datos registrales sin la carta de cic? que tal te fue.. quiero hacer lo mismo ya me canse de esperar

rsk8

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2015
AOR Received.
09-12-2015
File Transfer...
29-12-2015 (in process)
Med's Request
gawd, thx none!
Med's Done....
31-08-2015 (upfront)
Interview........
none!
Passport Req..
30-06-2016 & submitted 01-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
23-08-2016
i dunno how it is for others i guess its diff cause of country specific requirements, but for pakistan, in the package, they specified if the applicant has stayed in another country for more than 6 months, besides the one they are citizen of, u must provide a police check.
thankfully, CIC had an instruction guide on how to obtain police checks from various countries so i had it delivered to my canadian address (just to save time cause it wudv taken ages if i had my husband order it & THEN have him send it to me) so i sent that with my app :)

Hashipk

Jun 29, 2015
Faisalabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Soon
Med's Request
Upfront: 21-10-2015
rsk8 said:
i dunno how it is for others i guess its diff cause of country specific requirements, but for pakistan, in the package, they specified if the applicant has stayed in another country for more than 6 months, besides the one they are citizen of, u must provide a police check.
thankfully, CIC had an instruction guide on how to obtain police checks from various countries so i had it delivered to my canadian address (just to save time cause it wudv taken ages if i had my husband order it & THEN have him send it to me) so i sent that with my app :)
It's really a hard thing until now I can face.
I am national of Pakistan but resident in UAE for 3 years, but now I didn't get the PCC from UAE as per UAE ministry of interior said I need to be physically in UAE with valid visa to get it.
Even US visa office didn't ask for it if you cancel and leave UAE but CIC is asking.