+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance

JLL86

May 29, 2014
Hello -

I am a USA citizen applying from permanent residency in Canada under Family Sponsorship/Spousal category. I have seen many mixed messages about police clearance and what is or is not accepted by the CIC so I thought I would check on here. (I have also read on the website that they do NOT accept from third-parties but again wanted to see what everyone else has gone through).

If you have used Accurate Biometrics did you get fingerprinted there through livescan and have your results e-mailed to you?

If you mail in your results to the FBI - I have read that you can still send them proof that they are bringing processed there - how does one show proof of this?

I apologize if my questions aren't making much sense - just very confused through this part (and most) of the process!

THANKS! Have a great day :)

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
1) If that's how they send the fingerprints, it's ok I assume, as long as you have a great printer. My spouse had them all done ink and roll, but I hear the scanning is much more accurate. Scanning isn't what they mean by 3rd party, they are talking about getting your check through the FBI approved channelers (which is way faster, mind you, but nothing we can do about CIC's whims).

2) Yes, write an explanation of why the FBI check is not with your application, and give them something like the tracking info showing you sent it (though I don't think it's necessary to show proof like that, but it doesn't hurt).

Ravcat

Sep 27, 2013
NW Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa ON
App. Filed.......
8-12-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
NA
File Transfer...
05-03-2015
Med's Request
Sent w/ App.
Med's Done....
25-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa Excempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/06/2015
LANDED..........
August 7th, 2015! Through Port Huron!
Hi there, hope this helps.

I just went to the FBI website and there is a DL/Print off of the sheet needed to take your fingerprints, its literally a normal sheet of everyday printer paper with boxes for the prints, at the top is information the officer and you fill out.

I personally wouldn't rely on doing it electronically. The best thing to do when sending your application is to send it ALL at once. Having things separated or wafting in the wind will only cause delays/issues down the road. When they get to your application you dont want them to put it down till its done (all in one swift go!). If they put it down to wait for papers from you, they move on to other cases to do...causing unknown delays.

Just go to the local police department with the print out, ask that you need fingerprints for background for immigration purposes, and an officer will do them for you.

A note though, the printed paper will not fit into their little framed device for taking finger prints but it is OK :)

And ya "3rd party" means a company that is hired to do fingerprinting, I have had to use one for the school system where all employees go and have them done. Just go to the local police and you will be good.