+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance (PCC) from UAE when you don't have the ID and any copy of your last residence in UAE

catapv

Jul 24, 2023
Canada
Category........
FAM
I'm a Canadian citizen, the spouse of a Filipino worker in Singapore where she has been residing since 2012.

My spouse worked in the UAE between 1998 and 2000. It has passed more than 20 years since then. Unfortunately, she lost all the documents regarding her stay in UAE (ID and her former passport, containing her UAE VISA information). She needs to obtain a Certificate of Good Conduct from the UAE since the document is required by Immigration Canada (IRCC) to process her PR/ Family Class application (required for all countries where she stayed more than 6 months since she was 18 years of age).

Since she doesn't have her UAE ID, she already proceeded to obtain the fingerprint card attested by the UAE Embassy from Singapore, her place of residence, as UAE Embassy from Singapore kindly suggested to her in a previous email. This process is completed.

Trying to apply on the Dubai Police site, for the Certificate of Good Conduct for people without ID and outside of the UAE, I saw as a mandatory requirement a copy after her last residence in UAE, but as mentioned above she doesn't have this document anymore. It seems we are blocked at this point.
PLEASE, help and provide us with the steps to follow to obtain the Certificate of Good Conduct.

Same question, in the sense of missing any information about her stay, for Kuwait PCC.

Thank you so much for your help

PS: I already wrote an email to Dubai Police HQ, but it seems the answer is kind of autogenerated since it just replied to me with the information that easily can be found on the site.

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023
Uae Id didn’t exist prior to 2006 I believe so I don’t think she ever had a national Id document. She surely must have a copy of her old passport Or at least remember the passport details that she can use when she messages them or calls them.

Reactions: catapv

catapv

Jul 24, 2023
Canada
Category........
FAM
Thank you so much Sonikell. There are 23 years since her stay in UAE.
She doesn't have a copy of her passport from 1998. At that time passports validity was 5 years only. She changed it 3 or 4 times since then.
Practically she doesn't have anything about her stay. Just the name of her employers. She tried to contact them but they answered shortly that they did not preserve any document from that period of time.
Regards

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023
I’m sorry to hear that. maybe You can pull up her passport details by contacting the home ministry in Philippines or the embassy in Singapore they definitely must have a record of her various passport numbers through the years. once You provide the details to the Emirati authorities I think it would be easier for them to locate her details and issue a pcc

motard

Aug 23, 2022
Unless the requiremnts changed recently, it used to be that for family sponsorship, IRCC only required 10 years of travel history?

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
I'm a Canadian citizen, the spouse of a Filipino worker in Singapore where she has been residing since 2012.
Trying to apply on the Dubai Police site, for the Certificate of Good Conduct for people without ID and outside of the UAE, I saw as a mandatory requirement a copy after her last residence in UAE, but as mentioned above she doesn't have this document anymore. It seems we are blocked at this point.
PLEASE, help and provide us with the steps to follow to obtain the Certificate of Good Conduct.

Same question, in the sense of missing any information about her stay, for Kuwait PCC.
Oh boy, you have my total sympathy.

My Filipino wife worked in the UAE from about 2008-2011. When we were putting together her PR application, I asked if she had an Emirates ID. With it, we could make a simple online application for her PCC. She did not recall if she ever had one. She had the details of her previous employer there and I managed to get contact info for him. I ended up calling him on his cell phone while he was driving in Dubai. He told me he thought the Emirates ID was coming into vogue around the time my wife left, so he was not sure she ever had one. He said he would check through his old records.

Eventually this fellow emailed me to say he found no records related to her time there. But, he worked in the palace of some bigshot there and said he would see if he could make some inquiries about getting a PCC. He just asked for some time. Of course, we were happy for his help, so told him we would wait. And wait we did. Because he was acting on our behalf simply as a courtesy, we could hardly complain about time. I reluctantly emailed him a couple of times to ask about progress. He would reply, asking for just a little more time. In the end, we used up about 2 months and he was not able to assist.

My wife had a collection of old passports showing her entrance and exit from UAE a couple of times, but that did not take us very far. We were told, however, that she could file fingerprints with the UAE Embassy in Manila for "stamping", get them back, then send them on to Dubai police with application for PCC. We tried that and got nowhere with the embassy. Let's just say they were distinctly unhelpful. At one point, the embassy did send this:

On Sun, 11 Sept 2022 at 21:56, Embassy Manila Visa sec <ManilaEMB.Visa@mofaic.gov.ae> wrote:
Greetings …..
please find time to read carefully and follow the suited option for you , nearest branch to your location unit 1 616 bldg. diversion road brgy. San Rafael mandurriao , IloILo City (033336094)

UAE POLICE CLEARANCE APPLICATION
B) Online Application for those without EMIRATES ID :

Check website of Dubai Police: dubaipolice.gov.ae/wps/portal/home/services/individualservicescontent/goodconductcertificatecatalog

Or directly to UAE Ministry of Interior or Police Stations in UAE

Needs to issue SPA (Notarized Special Power of Attorney) to representative who will process the Police Clearance in UAE apostilled and authenticated by the Embassy.

Required to get, DFA (Department of Foreign Affairs-Consular) Apostille along with NBI sundry or PNP fingerprint clearance authenticated by the Embassy (Php 2,750.00)
Note:
Police Clearance made online on other websites and not the Ministry of Interior will require stamp from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in UAE (150 dirhams)
Final step attestation of the UAE Embassy Manila for Police Clearance with red seal by bring the print out to the nearest counterpart DHL, WWWEPRESS, BLS INTERNATIONAL, VFS GLOBAL for attestation
(Php 2,750.00) plus carrier fees

I won't go into all the detail about why things did not work out in trying to get the PCC, working from the Philippines. So next, I embarked on a lively email exchange with the issuing authority, the Dubai police. At one point, I wrote:
So, my question is, if we come to Dubai, can we come to a police office and get it done? ...We are willing to come there, have Dubai police fingerprint her anyway they like and, even better, with her there, she would be willing to submit to investigative detention and interrogation about her time in the UAE. That way they could be sure she is not a criminal, at least not one the UAE recognizes. She is not afraid to return. She knows she has no bad record there.
In reply, I received a brief, but very positive email, saying "YES YOU CAN". We wanted further and better assurance, so I wrote:
So, we are now planning to come there in November 2022. To make sure we obtain her clearance certificate while there, what do we need to bring? She has her old passport from when she worked there. The page with her entry and exit stamps is below: (omitted)
We want to make sure that all goes well and we want to make sure we can meet your requirements. Please provide any necessary details so that we can come there and go home with her clearance certificate. Also, please state the office name and address to which she must report to have this done.
Their reply:
التحريات - التصاريح والشهادات <certificate@dubaipolice.gov.ae>
To: Kaibigan
Cc Dubai Police
Wed, Oct 5, 2022 at 8:17 PM
Hi,
In this regard yes, you can come & give the finger prints here in Dubai police but first you should apply online www.dubaipolice.gov.ae pay the fee & keep the Application no., & receipt of payment. After given the finger prints you can sent the email that finger prints done. After approval we shall send PCC by email address mention in application form.
thanks

So, in November 2022, we flew from Manila to Dubai. We booked for 8 days, to give what we hoped would be adequate time to get things done. We got the PCC on Day 7.

I note in your post, you said: "I saw as a mandatory requirement a copy after her last residence in UAE, but as mentioned above she doesn't have this document anymore."

What you typed in bold (but with a slight variation in wording), came to us in early correspondence with Dubai police thus:

If you do not have an Emirates ID, you must send the fingerprints stamped by the UAE embassy and send it to:
Dubai Police General Headquarters –Good Conduct Certificate Section
Contact # 00971 46096412
C.I.D Building Al Ittihad Road,
P. O. Box 1493, Dubai, U.A.E

Please note the requirement that you need for certificate:
· Copy of the passport.
· If you do not have the fingerprint on the system, please contact the Police station in your currently country to obtain the fingerprint and follow the instructions above.
· Number (1) of picture with white background.
· A copy of last residence in UAE.
· Active Email Address.
· As we recommend you to use CHROME as internet explorer for Dubai police Website.

Best Regards
Dubai Police General H.Q.

Frankly, I was never able to ascribe a meaning to the words in bold. Maybe I am just slow. Let's say my last residence in Toronto was 122 Rochester Avenue. How do I send a copy of that? Send a picture of the house? You apparently understand the meaning, saying your wife does not have that document anymore. Maybe you can tell me what that document is. I have some guesses, but probably wrong. One guess would be it means a copy of passport showing when last in the UAE. Or a copy of some document, maybe an employment contract, showing where one lived. Happily, for us, by attending at the Dubai police office, we did not have to figure that one out. They did not ask for much. They were impressed that we would take the trouble to show up there and they went out of their way to be helpful.

Last edited:

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
I have also a bit of experience with Kuwait. In February 2023 I wrote to the Kuwait Embassy in Manila thus:

I am an attorney from Canada, currently in Iloilo Philippines. I am inquiring about obtaining a police clearance certificate for [name redacted]. I am her representative with respect to a Canadian immigration application. Ms. [redacted] is Filipino, living in Iloilo, Philippines. She worked in Kuwait and, for Canada immigration purposes, Canada has sent her a letter asking her to obtain a Kuwait police clearance certificate.

From the information we have received through Canadian immigration authorities, she must attend at the Kuwait Embassy in Manila and bring the following:

1. Letter from Canadian government requesting a Good Conduct Certificate.

2.. A copy of her passport and ID card.

3. Two photographs (4 x 6 cm).

4. Applicable fees.

To facilitate this process, we would ask for answers to the following questions:

1. Is an appointment required for her attendance at the Embassy? If so, any instructions for booking same.

2. Are there any particular hours or days for attendance?

3. Please advise as to the amount of the "applicable fees". May the fees be paid in cash, in Philippine pesos? If not, what are the requirements for payment?

4. Is she required to obtain a set of fingerprints from the NBI?

5. Can you please advise as to the approximate processing time, after she leaves the embassy?

6. Are there any further requirements/instructions? We would like to be sure we will have complied with all of your requirements for obtaining the Good Conduct Certificate.

Thank you very much. Your assistance is appreciated. We look forward to your early reply.

Came the reply:

Embassy of the State of Kuwait <ku-emb@pldtdsl.net>

Mon, Feb 20 at 6:20 PM

Dear Sir/ Madam:

Good day

1. No appointment is needed she may walk in to submit her requirements.

2. No particular hours for submitting requirements. Office hours are Monday to Friday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM

3. PHP 5,000 cash payment upon release of PCC.

4. Not required to obtain a set of fingerprints, only regular NBI clearance apostilled by the DFA.

5. 1- month approximate processing time.

6. PCC is subject to approval from the Ministry of Interior in Kuwait.

Thank you and best regards.

EMBASSY OF THE STATE OF KUWAIT
T: 85563860 to 62

I am not sure of what "missing information" is concerning you, but my "client" (I am not charging to be her rep) was able to go to the Kuwait Embassy and get the PCC with no difficulty. Maybe the above helps, but, if not, pls. supply more detail.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
…for more than 6 months in a row..so if u travelled every 5 months u Would not need a pcc from that country
Thank you, I went back and edited my post to add that important detail. Sloppy posting. The way I set it out, it could mean that anyplace where you spent a day (maybe less) would be a place where you "lived" and you would have to supply a PCC.

Reactions: Sonikell

catapv

Jul 24, 2023
Canada
Category........
FAM
I have also a bit of experience with Kuwait. In February 2023 I wrote to the Kuwait Embassy in Manila thus:

I am an attorney from Canada, currently in Iloilo Philippines. I am inquiring about obtaining a police clearance certificate for [name redacted]. I am her representative with respect to a Canadian immigration application. Ms. [redacted] is Filipino, living in Iloilo, Philippines. She worked in Kuwait and, for Canada immigration purposes, Canada has sent her a letter asking her to obtain a Kuwait police clearance certificate.

From the information we have received through Canadian immigration authorities, she must attend at the Kuwait Embassy in Manila and bring the following:

1. Letter from Canadian government requesting a Good Conduct Certificate.

2.. A copy of her passport and ID card.

3. Two photographs (4 x 6 cm).

4. Applicable fees.

To facilitate this process, we would ask for answers to the following questions:

1. Is an appointment required for her attendance at the Embassy? If so, any instructions for booking same.

2. Are there any particular hours or days for attendance?

3. Please advise as to the amount of the "applicable fees". May the fees be paid in cash, in Philippine pesos? If not, what are the requirements for payment?

4. Is she required to obtain a set of fingerprints from the NBI?

5. Can you please advise as to the approximate processing time, after she leaves the embassy?

6. Are there any further requirements/instructions? We would like to be sure we will have complied with all of your requirements for obtaining the Good Conduct Certificate.

Thank you very much. Your assistance is appreciated. We look forward to your early reply.

Came the reply:

Embassy of the State of Kuwait <ku-emb@pldtdsl.net>

Mon, Feb 20 at 6:20 PM

Dear Sir/ Madam:

Good day

1. No appointment is needed she may walk in to submit her requirements.

2. No particular hours for submitting requirements. Office hours are Monday to Friday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM

3. PHP 5,000 cash payment upon release of PCC.

4. Not required to obtain a set of fingerprints, only regular NBI clearance apostilled by the DFA.

5. 1- month approximate processing time.

6. PCC is subject to approval from the Ministry of Interior in Kuwait.

Thank you and best regards.

EMBASSY OF THE STATE OF KUWAIT
T: 85563860 to 62

I am not sure of what "missing information" is concerning you, but my "client" (I am not charging to be her rep) was able to go to the Kuwait Embassy and get the PCC with no difficulty. Maybe the above helps, but, if not, pls. supply more detail.
Thank you so much for your reply @Kaibigan
My wife went to the Kuwait Embassy in Singapore and they provided her the link to the Embassy site about how to obtain a PCC.
Reading on the site of the Embassy we found the following requirements:
  1. Clear copy of the first page of the passport (Old & new passport).
  2. Copy of the Civil ID (both sides).
  3. Copy of Residency Permit / Kuwaiti visa.
  4. Passport-size photo (preferred blue background).
  5. Letter from the authorities requesting the good conduct certificate.
What is worrying us is point 3. My wife has no more her old passport (she worked between 2001 and 2004). From what I read in your post, in your case, they did not require this point 3.
Another question is: Can we do it up-front to the Embassy or only by email? From what we read on their site they invite us to apply by email.

Regards

catapv

Jul 24, 2023
Canada
Category........
FAM
Oh boy, you have my total sympathy.

My Filipino wife worked in the UAE from about 2008-2011. When we were putting together her PR application, I asked if she had an Emirates ID. With it, we could make a simple online application for her PCC. She did not recall if she ever had one. She had the details of her previous employer there and I managed to get contact info for him. I ended up calling him on his cell phone while he was driving in Dubai. He told me he thought the Emirates ID was coming into vogue around the time my wife left, so he was not sure she ever had one. He said he would check through his old records.

Eventually this fellow emailed me to say he found no records related to her time there. But, he worked in the palace of some bigshot there and said he would see if he could make some inquiries about getting a PCC. He just asked for some time. Of course, we were happy for his help, so told him we would wait. And wait we did. Because he was acting on our behalf simply as a courtesy, we could hardly complain about time. I reluctantly emailed him a couple of times to ask about progress. He would reply, asking for just a little more time. In the end, we used up about 2 months and he was not able to assist.

My wife had a collection of old passports showing her entrance and exit from UAE a couple of times, but that did not take us very far. We were told, however, that she could file fingerprints with the UAE Embassy in Manila for "stamping", get them back, then send them on to Dubai police with application for PCC. We tried that and got nowhere with the embassy. Let's just say they were distinctly unhelpful. At one point, the embassy did send this:

On Sun, 11 Sept 2022 at 21:56, Embassy Manila Visa sec <ManilaEMB.Visa@mofaic.gov.ae> wrote:
Greetings …..
please find time to read carefully and follow the suited option for you , nearest branch to your location unit 1 616 bldg. diversion road brgy. San Rafael mandurriao , IloILo City (033336094)

UAE POLICE CLEARANCE APPLICATION
B) Online Application for those without EMIRATES ID :

Check website of Dubai Police: dubaipolice.gov.ae/wps/portal/home/services/individualservicescontent/goodconductcertificatecatalog

Or directly to UAE Ministry of Interior or Police Stations in UAE

Needs to issue SPA (Notarized Special Power of Attorney) to representative who will process the Police Clearance in UAE apostilled and authenticated by the Embassy.

Required to get, DFA (Department of Foreign Affairs-Consular) Apostille along with NBI sundry or PNP fingerprint clearance authenticated by the Embassy (Php 2,750.00)
Note:
Police Clearance made online on other websites and not the Ministry of Interior will require stamp from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in UAE (150 dirhams)
Final step attestation of the UAE Embassy Manila for Police Clearance with red seal by bring the print out to the nearest counterpart DHL, WWWEPRESS, BLS INTERNATIONAL, VFS GLOBAL for attestation
(Php 2,750.00) plus carrier fees

I won't go into all the detail about why things did not work out in trying to get the PCC, working from the Philippines. So next, I embarked on a lively email exchange with the issuing authority, the Dubai police. At one point, I wrote:
So, my question is, if we come to Dubai, can we come to a police office and get it done? ...We are willing to come there, have Dubai police fingerprint her anyway they like and, even better, with her there, she would be willing to submit to investigative detention and interrogation about her time in the UAE. That way they could be sure she is not a criminal, at least not one the UAE recognizes. She is not afraid to return. She knows she has no bad record there.
In reply, I received a brief, but very positive email, saying "YES YOU CAN". We wanted further and better assurance, so I wrote:
So, we are now planning to come there in November 2022. To make sure we obtain her clearance certificate while there, what do we need to bring? She has her old passport from when she worked there. The page with her entry and exit stamps is below: (omitted)
We want to make sure that all goes well and we want to make sure we can meet your requirements. Please provide any necessary details so that we can come there and go home with her clearance certificate. Also, please state the office name and address to which she must report to have this done.
Their reply:
التحريات - التصاريح والشهادات <certificate@dubaipolice.gov.ae>
Cc Dubai Police
Wed, Oct 5, 2022 at 8:17 PM
Hi,
In this regard yes, you can come & give the finger prints here in Dubai police but first you should apply online www.dubaipolice.gov.ae pay the fee & keep the Application no., & receipt of payment. After given the finger prints you can sent the email that finger prints done. After approval we shall send PCC by email address mention in application form.
thanks

So, in November 2022, we flew from Manila to Dubai. We booked for 8 days, to give what we hoped would be adequate time to get things done. We got the PCC on Day 7.

I note in your post, you said: "I saw as a mandatory requirement a copy after her last residence in UAE, but as mentioned above she doesn't have this document anymore."

What you typed in bold (but with a slight variation in wording), came to us in early correspondence with Dubai police thus:

If you do not have an Emirates ID, you must send the fingerprints stamped by the UAE embassy and send it to:
Dubai Police General Headquarters –Good Conduct Certificate Section
Contact # 00971 46096412
C.I.D Building Al Ittihad Road,
P. O. Box 1493, Dubai, U.A.E

Please note the requirement that you need for certificate:
· Copy of the passport.
· If you do not have the fingerprint on the system, please contact the Police station in your currently country to obtain the fingerprint and follow the instructions above.
· Number (1) of picture with white background.
· A copy of last residence in UAE.
· Active Email Address.
· As we recommend you to use CHROME as internet explorer for Dubai police Website.

Best Regards
Dubai Police General H.Q.

Frankly, I was never able to ascribe a meaning to the words in bold. Maybe I am just slow. Let's say my last residence in Toronto was 122 Rochester Avenue. How do I send a copy of that? Send a picture of the house? You apparently understand the meaning, saying your wife does not have that document anymore. Maybe you can tell me what that document is. I have some guesses, but probably wrong. One guess would be it means a copy of passport showing when last in the UAE. Or a copy of some document, maybe an employment contract, showing where one lived. Happily, for us, by attending at the Dubai police office, we did not have to figure that one out. They did not ask for much. They were impressed that we would take the trouble to show up there and they went out of their way to be helpful.
Thank you again for the information @Kaibigan
Does that mean she has to fly to Dubai?
" One guess would be it means a copy of passport showing when last in the UAE." Yes, I have the same understanding. But she does not have anymore that passport (she worked from 1998 to 2000).
I found on Google helplinegroups.com that claims to help in obtaining the PCC from Middle Est. Did you have any knowledge about them? Are them a trusted company?
Regards

catapv

Jul 24, 2023
Canada
Category........
FAM
One more thing.
She remembers the name of her employers (both, UAE and Kuwait) and the addresses where she lived. Is this information good enough?

catapv

Jul 24, 2023
Canada
Category........
FAM
@Kaibigan My wife just told me that she still has a former friend in Dubai.
Would she be able to help to avoid a trip to Dubai?
What does she need to apply to her behalf ? A representative letter?

Regards