+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance for spouse visa

Noor22

Mar 27, 2015
Hello everyone,

I am a permanent resident in Canada trying to file spouse visa for my husband in chandigarh India. As per the new updates, we need to submit the police clearance certificate upfront with the application form. We contacted the station but they have a requirement for a request letter for PCC from embassy or anything requesting the PCC.

My question is what document can we upload to request for the Pcc from the station as we do not have any letters from the embassy per se?

Thanks for all the help!!

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am a permanent resident in Canada trying to file spouse visa for my husband in chandigarh India. As per the new updates, we need to submit the police clearance certificate upfront with the application form. We contacted the station but they have a requirement for a request letter for PCC from embassy or anything requesting the PCC.

My question is what document can we upload to request for the Pcc from the station as we do not have any letters from the embassy per se?

Thanks for all the help!!
How to get a police certificate - India

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Thank you for the response. However this site does not mention any document that can be given to the police in case of a request from them. I can't get a PCC unless I give them some documentation regarding why I need the PCC.
Do not know of any other documents that could help you........maybe you just print the PCC page from IRCC site to explain to the India Police dept.

Hope other folks in the forum who got PCC from India could help.....

Noor22

Mar 27, 2015
Do not know of any other documents that could help you........maybe you just print the PCC page from IRCC site to explain to the India Police dept.

Hmm.. Yea I was hoping their would be people in the same position as myself.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hmm.. Yea I was hoping their would be people in the same position as myself.
When you register online for PCC on the Chandigarh Police site.....you are asked for......"Copy of letter from the agency / organisation requiring PCC"

http://chandigarhpolice.gov.in/pcc.html

Not sure if same document is required if you apply through Passport India......'cos from the info on the IRCC site....residents of India could also apply for PCC through Passport India.

If you are a citizen of India:

If you live in India:

For all residents of India: You can apply for a Police Clearance Certificate from the Passport office on the Passport India website. The website will list what information and documents you need.

Passport Seva - PCC Online Form

Last edited:

Noor22

Mar 27, 2015
When you register online for PCC on the Chandigarh Police site.....you are asked for......"Copy of letter from the agency / organisation requiring PCC"

http://chandigarhpolice.gov.in/pcc.html

Not sure if same document is required if you apply through Passport India......'cos from the info on the IRCC site....residents of India could also apply for PCC through Passport India.

If you are a citizen of India:

If you live in India:

For all residents of India: You can apply for a Police Clearance Certificate from the Passport office on the Passport India website. The website will list what information and documents you need.

Passport Seva - PCC Online Form
Thank you for the reply. Yes indeed this is the requirement I am trying to fulfill. We were not able to go thru the passport option due to some documentation issue and would need to get it done via the police station itself.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Thank you for the reply. Yes indeed this is the requirement I am trying to fulfill. We were not able to go thru the passport option due to some documentation issue and would need to get it done via the police station itself.
maybe you need to discuss with IRCC phone - 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only).

Noor22

Mar 27, 2015
maybe you need to discuss with IRCC phone - 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only).

I tried calling on the num but no response. High call volume and disconnect.