+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance for PNP Express Entry PR

AnjaliA

Mar 13, 2016
I'm a student at UBC in British Columbia about to complete my Masters in a months time. My husband is here on open work permit.

We are planning to apply for BC PNP Express Entry PR. Have certain queries with respect to police clearance. I stayed in Iran for around 5.5 months with my husband so do I need to take police clearance from Iran too. As per CIC, it says if the stay is more than 6 months you need police clearance. So we are little worried.

Kindly guide or suggest. And also are there any good reasonable immigration lawyers in Kelowna from whom we can get better guidance in terms of documentation or to get assured that the documents we are planning to submit are enough and accurate.

anujshukla_in

Aug 27, 2017
I'm a student at UBC in British Columbia about to complete my Masters in a months time. My husband is here on open work permit.

We are planning to apply for BC PNP Express Entry PR. Have certain queries with respect to police clearance. I stayed in Iran for around 5.5 months with my husband so do I need to take police clearance from Iran too. As per CIC, it says if the stay is more than 6 months you need police clearance. So we are little worried.

Kindly guide or suggest. And also are there any good reasonable immigration lawyers in Kelowna from whom we can get better guidance in terms of documentation or to get assured that the documents we are planning to submit are enough and accurate.
Since how long you are in BC?

AnjaliA

Mar 13, 2016
Since how long you are in BC?
I'm in BC past 1 year. My masters course is a 2 year program but I'm completing it in 1 year. I have stayed in Iran for less than 6 months but more than 5 months so whether I need police clearance from Iran too? As getting a police clearance from Iran is a challenge as the processing time for Iran takes 6 months.

anujshukla_in

Aug 27, 2017
I'm in BC past 1 year. My masters course is a 2 year program but I'm completing it in 1 year. I have stayed in Iran for less than 6 months but more than 5 months so whether I need police clearance from Iran too? As getting a police clearance from Iran is a challenge as the processing time for Iran takes 6 months.
If you live in Canada:

The Canadian visa office will tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed. If the visa office asks you to complete a criminal record check, visit the RCMP website for instructions. You must bring:

• A full electronic set of fingerprints on form C-216C taken by one of these accredited companies or police services
  • A complete application form (available on the RCMP website)
  • Reason for your request (eg. For immigration)
  • Your full name
  • Date of birth
  • Sex
  • Mailing address
  • Phone number (and/or fax number and/or e-mail address)
  • Applicable fees
Most probably you don't need any criminal record certificate obtain from Iran