07-10-2015
Passport Req..
NOT YET
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Hi,

I am indian, i applied PCC from Indian consulate Toronto. I am living canada since 3 years, do I need to apply police clearance certificate from canada?

Please help me out

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
How to obtain a police certificate - Canada

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Only in certain cases. The Canadian visa office will tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed.

How and where do I obtain one?
If the visa office asks you to complete a criminal record check, visit the RCMP website for instructions.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Since you have been living here for 3 years - YES...you'd need to send in a Canadian Police clearance as well.

Usually, one should wait for the CIC to let them know. But I just went to the nearest police station and got my criminal records check. They charged me $45 and gave it in 10 mins. Its based on your driver's licence - no finger prints. You can send that with your documents. If the visa office really wants your finger prints, they will then inform you.

Chances are - they wont! Doesn't hurt to send in all papers at once.

reddy56

Star Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2016
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
not yet
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
07-10-2015
Passport Req..
NOT YET
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
InfoSeeker12 said:
Since you have been living here for 3 years - YES...you'd need to send in a Canadian Police clearance as well.

Usually, one should wait for the CIC to let them know. But I just went to the nearest police station and got my criminal records check. They charged me $45 and gave it in 10 mins. Its based on your driver's licence - no finger prints. You can send that with your documents. If the visa office really wants your finger prints, they will then inform you.

Thanks

GSIn

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
No you don't have to send until and unless they ask for one, because nowhere in the application guide it says that you have to send one.

minta7

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Brampton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2011
AOR Received.
22-05-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
19-06-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012 - MED RECD 26-07-2012
Passport Req..
19-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2012
LANDED..........
02-10-2012
InfoSeeker12 said:

Sorry to correct you buddy. Its the fingerprint thing which they need. Police Clearance Certificate is not needed. It also cost $45 And yes you have to send them along with the application. Some of my friends didn't send them with their application and then CIC asked them to send them that Fingerprint thingy and delayed their application for 2 months(the other guy who sent his application along with that guy got his Immigration 2 months earlier and he sent that fingerprint form with his application.)

reddy56

Star Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2016
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
not yet
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
07-10-2015
Passport Req..
NOT YET
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
minta7 said:
Sorry to correct you buddy. Its the fingerprint thing which they need. Police Clearance Certificate is not needed. It also cost $45 And yes you have to send them along with the application. Some of my friends didn't send them with their application and then CIC asked them to send them that Fingerprint thingy and delayed their application for 2 months(the other guy who sent his application along with that guy got his Immigration 2 months earlier and he sent that fingerprint form with his application.)
Hi Minta,
Thanks for your replay. I had another doubt canadian ploice clearance i need to apply Electronic fingerprint submission
application or paper. They another kind of clearance certificate also like name based? Which is acceptable to CIC.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
A police clearance from Canada is not required with the application. CIC automatically does a name-based check for all applicants.

Only those whose name-check is not clear are requested (later) to complete a finger-print based RCMP clearance. If you are unfortunate enough to have the same name as someone else with a criminal record, then you could be asked to complete this extra step.

In the unlikely event you are asked to do this, you will have 2 choices - a paper-based fingerprint submission, which takes 2 months, or an electronic submission, which takes about 3 days.

Unless (A) you know that you have a common name and are likely to have this problem, or (B) you plan to leave Canada and fear that it will be difficult to accomplish this from your home country, there would be no real reason to do the RCMP clearance before being asked.