+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate - Regarding Police House visit

Nzick

Oct 4, 2015
Hi guys. I got my ITA offer on January 24th.

Because of my busy schedule and working on getting other documents ready for POST-ITA, I could only apply for PCC on February 26th. At the PSK, they said police verification is required because present and permanent address is different, and once the verification is done, I will get an SMS asking me to collect the PCC from the PSK.

I didn't hear from the respective police station, so on March 1st I went to them, and they said to come the next day. The next day, they made me fill up a form, and looked into my papers, I signed and gave them two photographs, and I thought that was it. But as I was leaving they said they will have to do a house visit. I still haven't heard from them, and my ITA will expire March 25th so I'm nervous. Should I go to the police station again? Is there any other option? Any advice or inputs will be appreciated.

walkinthe_woods

Sep 7, 2018
Hi there... I was in a similar situation - they told me they'd visit my residence for police verification within a week. Knowing how slowly things happen in India, I sprung for a "tatkal" PV offered by an agent outside the PSK. Got my PCC in a couple of days, with no house visit. It cost me a pretty penny, but at least I didn't lose my ITA!