+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate Processing Time - Indian Consulate San Francisco

Kalyan27

Apr 22, 2019
Hi guys,
Reading some other posts, it seems like getting the PCC from Indian Embassy in San Francisco is taking more time (about 30 or more) these days. Is that true?
I have a passport which was issued in India, i was planning to send my documents via mail. But i'm wondering if by going to San Francisco, may be i can get the PCC on the same day or much earlier (1 or 2 weeks). Does physically going to San Francisco Indian Embassy help speed up the process in any way (or) will it still take a month time.
Can someone who got PCC recently (in 2019) share an answer to this question.

Thank you.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Physically going there does speed up a little but not a lot. If your passport is issued in India, then it will take longer. How much longer depends upon whether they have your file or not. One other advantage of applying in person is that they may not keep the original passport.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Hi guys,
Reading some other posts, it seems like getting the PCC from Indian Embassy in San Francisco is taking more time (about 30 or more) these days. Is that true?
I have a passport which was issued in India, i was planning to send my documents via mail. But i'm wondering if by going to San Francisco, may be i can get the PCC on the same day or much earlier (1 or 2 weeks). Does physically going to San Francisco Indian Embassy help speed up the process in any way (or) will it still take a month time.
Can someone who got PCC recently (in 2019) share an answer to this question.

Thank you.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/indian-pcc-at-san-francisco-indian-consulate.40076/page-9#post-7768755

localhost8100

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hey Everyone, it may help if anyone comes back and reads this thread. I had gone to SF consulate on November 27, all the documents were correct for me. The cashier in the second counter it may take 2 to 3 weeks let me check. She got some print out from the psk portal and attached to my documents. She said "oh yeah, don't worry, you will get in one week." I got it in 6 days. including all the thanksgiving holiday and weekend holiday.

my timeline:
Submitted doc: 27 Nov.
Got notification on 3 December for my tracking activation on my fedex return package:
Documentation shipped from consulate: December 2.
Got the document on December 3.

Only problem was the shipping label on the envelope I gave them. I had from address as consulate address and to address as my home address. She asked me to change the to address as well to my home address because as I paid through my credit card, it won't accept the initial zip code from somewhere else. The initial zip code should match the zip code to the zip code on my credit card. I asked if there is not gonna be any problem as the from address is different, she said no problem at all.

There wasn't any problem at all.
DM me if you have any questions.

Ruchitk

Dec 20, 2017
Hey Everyone, it may help if anyone comes back and reads this thread. I had gone to SF consulate on November 27, all the documents were correct for me. The cashier in the second counter it may take 2 to 3 weeks let me check. She got some print out from the psk portal and attached to my documents. She said "oh yeah, don't worry, you will get in one week." I got it in 6 days. including all the thanksgiving holiday and weekend holiday.

my timeline:
Submitted doc: 27 Nov.
Got notification on 3 December for my tracking activation on my fedex return package:
Documentation shipped from consulate: December 2.
Got the document on December 3.

Only problem was the shipping label on the envelope I gave them. I had from address as consulate address and to address as my home address. She asked me to change the to address as well to my home address because as I paid through my credit card, it won't accept the initial zip code from somewhere else. The initial zip code should match the zip code to the zip code on my credit card. I asked if there is not gonna be any problem as the from address is different, she said no problem at all.

There wasn't any problem at all.
DM me if you have any questions.
Seems you have a good experience. One question. I need to apply PCC for myself as well as wife. Planning to appear in person. My question is does my wife need to accompany me or can I carry her documents and submit on her behalf. I am very keen on getting atleast the passport back the same day.

Thanks.

localhost8100

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Seems you have a good experience. One question. I need to apply PCC for myself as well as wife. Planning to appear in person. My question is does my wife need to accompany me or can I carry her documents and submit on her behalf. I am very keen on getting atleast the passport back the same day.

Thanks.
As far as I had seen, there were really old people came with there grand kids for documentation. The grandkids were taking care of everything the old people were just called in to verify once to the counter. So I am guessing, she needs to be there. I might also be wrong.

Good luck.

Ruchitk

Dec 20, 2017
As far as I had seen, there were really old people came with there grand kids for documentation. The grandkids were taking care of everything the old people were just called in to verify once to the counter. So I am guessing, she needs to be there. I might also be wrong.

Good luck.
I guess then you are right.. I will get there with my wife.

Thanks once again.