+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate in Bangladesh

sraboni5

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Hello everyone, I need PCC from BD for citizenship application. I wanted to apply online using this site http://pcc.police.gov.bd/
But whenever I choose the purpose as Others, it shows following msg and doesn't let me proceed.
Please contact DSB or City SB.

Does anyone knows how to apply for PCC online if you're outside BD, I will authorize my family member to pickup the certificate.

Thanks in advance.

Shushmoy Mahid

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
You will not get a PCC issued by the PS of your current city of residence if the address is not mentioned in your passport. So the only option you have is to get it issued from your permanent address unless you change your passport to include your present address in it. The address mentioned in the PCC will be the same as your passport so there won't be any problem with your application. As the PCC issued by BD police only mentions that "you son/daughter of (your father's name) Address (As per your passport) holding international passport no........ have been verified.........." it doesn't matter whether it is issued by PS of your permanent or present address. So to answer your queries:

1. PCC needs to be issued from the country of residence and from the countries where you have lived for 6 months or more since your 18th birthday. Present or Permanent address doesn't matter.
2.There will be no problem. Your permanent address will be mentioned in your passport- a copy of which you will be attaching with your application.
a. No issue if the PCC will be issued from permanent address even if the person never lived there. If the address mentioned in your passport is permanent address, you will have to get your PCC issued from your permanent address. There is no alternative way in BD.
b. Permanent address doesn't need to be present residential address.

Hope this answers your query. Good luck
I had selected intended country USA while filling up for pcc
Now i am worried about this issue. Is this any problem?

Ang14

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Hi folks,
I am a bangladeshi citizen, but always lived in Kuwait. I did not spend any time as an adult in Bangladesh. Until the age of 20, I was in Kuwait and studied/worked in Canada for the past 7 years. I do not have any one to represent me in Bangladesh and I m unable to use the online service as it asks for Bangladeshi phone number and NID. How do I find a representative? Please help. I may not need the PCC but lawyer advised that IRCC may ask as I am a citizen.

Thank you

Ang14

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Hello everyone, I need PCC from BD for citizenship application. I wanted to apply online using this site http://pcc.police.gov.bd/
But whenever I choose the purpose as Others, it shows following msg and doesn't let me proceed.
Please contact DSB or City SB.

Does anyone knows how to apply for PCC online if you're outside BD, I will authorize my family member to pickup the certificate.

Thanks in advance.
Hey were you able to get the PCC online? How did you do it?
I have no family in Bangladesh, I was wondering how to get someone to represent me.
Thanks

farhanai

Jan 28, 2022
Hi all, i have confusion regarding present and permemnwt address in my passport.My present address has changed to another address and my family members are in new address.But in my passport it has old address.My question,while police clearance,police will do necessary steps do i have to change my address in passport and put my current new address where my family members are living.My permamnent address and present address is same.This permamnent address is actually permanent.We have 2 address now

Sowgat

May 17, 2019
You will not get a PCC issued by the PS of your current city of residence if the address is not mentioned in your passport. So the only option you have is to get it issued from your permanent address unless you change your passport to include your present address in it. The address mentioned in the PCC will be the same as your passport so there won't be any problem with your application. As the PCC issued by BD police only mentions that "you son/daughter of (your father's name) Address (As per your passport) holding international passport no........ have been verified.........." it doesn't matter whether it is issued by PS of your permanent or present address. So to answer your queries:

1. PCC needs to be issued from the country of residence and from the countries where you have lived for 6 months or more since your 18th birthday. Present or Permanent address doesn't matter.
2.There will be no problem. Your permanent address will be mentioned in your passport- a copy of which you will be attaching with your application.
a. No issue if the PCC will be issued from permanent address even if the person never lived there. If the address mentioned in your passport is permanent address, you will have to get your PCC issued from your permanent address. There is no alternative way in BD.
b. Permanent address doesn't need to be present residential address.

Hope this answers your query. Good luck

Hi, I received my PCC from Bangladesh, my sister applied for me. However, I did not go through the Bangladesh High Com in Canada for the attestation of the authorization of my sister to collect my PCC. She applied at Ctg Metropolitan Police and received the PCC last week. Now, I'm about to submit my DOCs to IRCC. Will it be a problem since I did not go though the attestation from BD High Com/ Consulate office in Toronto?

mjani81

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Hello All, please guide
An Indian national who lived in Bangladesh for 2+ years for work, can get the Bangladeshi PCC ? Please confirm

uvrj

Apr 2, 2023
Hello All, please guide
An Indian national who lived in Bangladesh for 2+ years for work, can get the Bangladeshi PCC ? Please confirm
Were you able to figure this out? I am an Indian currently working in Bangladesh and in the middle of PR application. If I do get an invite where all will I have to get PCCs from?

- Indian embassy in Bangladesh?
- nearest police station?
- Dhaka Police?

I keep doing back and forth between India and Bangladesh due to holidays and visa renewals and travel etc. Will this affect my PCC in anyway?

Thanks so much in advance.

mjani81

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Were you able to figure this out? I am an Indian currently working in Bangladesh and in the middle of PR application. If I do get an invite where all will I have to get PCCs from?

- Indian embassy in Bangladesh?
- nearest police station?
- Dhaka Police?

I keep doing back and forth between India and Bangladesh due to holidays and visa renewals and travel etc. Will this affect my PCC in anyway?

Thanks so much in advance.
you may need Bangladesh PCC as part of PR application. You can apply 2 ways. Either contact local Police station or apply online. Best thing would be to apply & pull PCC while you are physically present there. Sometimes it is a tedious process being an International applicant but have patience. Good luck